GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Auto folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-17, 05:03 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Yeah just pull the devices to trouble shoot.
Old 12-22-17, 06:12 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

when using OBD split cable, there might be conflicts depends what kind of other device attached. i tried with HUD unit, the auto folding function is disabled.
Old 01-03-18, 04:40 PM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile works very good !!!

Originally Posted by ELEX470
Hmm i wonder now if it uses the same unit for gx460 or different.
Well i will find out when it arrives .
Finally received the unit and happy to confirm it work's better than advertised in both 2011 and 2018 models of GX460
The following users liked this post:
DallasDave (01-03-18)
Old 01-05-18, 07:11 PM
bd5400
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEX470
Finally received the unit and happy to confirm it work's better than advertised in both 2011 and 2018 models of GX460
Did you order this
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm..._u=kkbdoj8fbdf

or this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Lexu...713721?vxp=mtr

The one in the first link looks better, and I believe it is the one from the videos in this thread, but I don't know how to order it for the U.S. The eBay listing one doesn't look as good/clean and it appears that a separate part needs to be mounted somewhere instead of the entire unit just plugging into the port.
Old 01-06-18, 07:40 AM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bd5400
Did you order this
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm..._u=kkbdoj8fbdf

or this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Lexu...713721?vxp=mtr

The one in the first link looks better, and I believe it is the one from the videos in this thread, but I don't know how to order it for the U.S. The eBay listing one doesn't look as good/clean and it appears that a separate part needs to be mounted somewhere instead of the entire unit just plugging into the port.
I ordered and used both. not hard to install, good instructions attached with the units.
Old 01-06-18, 04:26 PM
kvguy81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Would love to have one, but too bad, did not know how to read chinese to order one. I just saw group buy but I cannot access to that forum, poor me.

Last edited by kvguy81; 01-06-18 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-07-18, 12:43 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,561 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Similar function unit

Old 01-08-18, 03:47 PM
cicio
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
This unit is just a prototype, not in production yet. Looking forward to its completion.
Old 01-08-18, 04:37 PM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Looks good.
How much is it?
Where it can be bought?
Old 01-11-18, 02:59 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Got it today and plugged in!!! Impressed. That is simply plug and play and works well. The short I think 10 second hazard flash might take a little adjusting as you open the door but auto folding and closing of windows on lock works perfectly!!!

Anyone think this keeps anything electrically live to the point of causing a slight drain or do you think only energized when input module controls are activated? IE: Open door, lock door, unlock door...

Last edited by Acrad; 01-11-18 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-11-18, 03:43 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

......The short I think 10 second hazard flash might take a little adjusting as you open the door .....

Anyone think this keeps anything electricallylive to the point of causing a slight drain or do you think only energized when input module controls are activated? IE: Open door, lock door, unlock door...
Some how, that feature never worked on my GX. Which I didn't care too much about it. Not sure if that various from model years and trim package. Mine is 2014 GX Luxury.
Old 01-11-18, 03:54 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

It appears to be around 9-10 seconds the hazards will flash if any door is left open. It does this each time. It immediately stops if door is closed before the 9-10 second countdown expires. I haven't seen if behavior is the same while running but I assume it does. This testing was done with ignition off.

EDIT: If doors are left open with ignition turned on the hazards will flash until the doors are closed.

Last edited by Acrad; 01-11-18 at 06:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bbqsoup (01-11-18)
Old 01-11-18, 04:17 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Here are the instructions that came with it.

Last edited by Acrad; 01-11-18 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-11-18, 04:20 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Always funny what you get out of a translation program.

https://translate.yandex.com

Lexar at 6) Series 08 port upgrade system to use description
Installation instructions
OB 0 upgrade system installation is very simple with the user Only With to be in the driving horse driving slaughter within the looking to as
Shown to the right of the mouth line of the vehicle electrical brain sensing port will present products connected to it can be
With another external line
Function Description
1 liter down
The mouth within 3 seconds continuous press 3 times the remote control open the lock key , the * heart of the case Controller off the lock key to lock the car after the window with the Automatically off
2 pause
In the Allow window, press the remote control key lock glass stops allow
In the drop profile by a lower case control turn-Lock key glass will stop the drop
3, The vehicle speed falls lock
When the vehicle travel speed up to 10 km / hour to the second when the door didn't lock, the case can be from moving the second lock
Loop drop lock
In the vehicle line 9 the history of the process, press the factory key-lock The Central lock is opened if the vehicle speed at 10 km / HR above the vehicle will automatically
In every stop without passenger opening door falls off the car fine driving for speed at Station 0 km little time to --- army car automatically on
Put out the fire to unlock the
The vehicle put out the fire after the ignition switch key from the gear to turn back or when the Central locking automatically open the top from the division machine and the passenger
6, Open Door flash light ( portion of the models selected with
(GX 460 below-held GX 400 is not English support
The car door open direction lights Double flash ( Japanese production car management
Toyota cars is the same when the flash warning to the car to note that with the handle of the car door is not fire when tightening will double flash prompt
The driver shut the car door before the car
Ignition switch key set to
Or mouth gear alone any A disintegrating car door by the fire and closing to open when the direction lamp flashes 15 times
Self-locking ( optional
Car child put out the fire ignition switch key
The state closed the car door after 60 seconds if no lock operation is automatically
Note Use this function when a note with the body to bring the key to free key be to lock the car, this feature default off
Often power cut off after the default of the fire and closing the mouth
Shut the car
Turn the ignition switch to the port pin then go to port status 0 seconds continuous fast speed by 3 times in the control station of the second opening and the lock key ( press
Remote control open Lock key no equivalent 3 times to open the lock must be in 2 seconds within the complete Greek to the control to automatically lock the table shows the successful opening of the General
Self-locking function of the Swallow to the in the control open the lock 1 The table shows the self-locking function closed mouth more than 10 seconds to open the General does not, please repeat above step
& Fold ( optional
The vehicle put out the fire after a case of control off the lock key to lock the car after the rear-view mirror from moving off the lane by a remote control to open the lock button
Mirror-Auto-Show open
Old 01-11-18, 05:21 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Looks obvious to me... You must slaughter a horse while looking at the right side of its mouth. If you don't have a passenger the doors will fall off and you are still fine to drive. If the doors stay on they may disintegrate by fire. If the doors catch fire you need to have a child in the car to put it out.

I don't think I want this product.....
The following 2 users liked this post by tecman:
303mtnGX (06-04-21), GB2011GX (01-17-18)

Quick Reply: Auto folding mirrors