Safety Connect - previous owner data

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-17, 11:30 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,560 Likes on 2,330 Posts
Default Safety Connect - previous owner data

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...afety-Connect/

I was going to just try it out since I cancelled NavWeather (wasn't worth it). I am keeping NavTraffic though.

This Safety Connect averaged a little more than $6.50/month for a one year subscription.

I got all the way to the point before pre-authorizing the credit card & contract and decided to view the full contract as a standalone PDF file. Contract had previous owner's home & work phone number as well as their email address already imprinted on contract. Original data had superseded my info. Nothing showed up in the web interface. I plan to call them about it for scrubbing if nothing else.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...s-renewal.html

I don't think the older Enform systems transmit vehicle performance data but hate to think if it did and was still sending to previous owner.
Old 11-12-17, 11:50 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Did you have to create a login or did you just have to enter the VIN (I didn't read up on this)? Seems logical to need a login to view personal information.
Old 11-12-17, 12:01 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I just created a login and entered my VIN and then headed to sign up page. You don't need to purchase the service but curious if others see the same thing. Remember to look at the PRINT version of contract. You will need to enter a credit card to get to page.

Old 11-12-17, 12:11 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

A different email address than one used for Lexus Owner's site as well.
Old 11-12-17, 12:21 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751

Wait.... "On a regular and continuous basis your Vehicle may automatically transmit geo-location and driving behavior data"

I'm out....

If one found something shady on their used car that was done from the previous "unknown" owner this would be a good way to track them down.
Old 11-12-17, 12:32 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Yeah not sure how much data this older system actually transmits. I don't believe you can get OBD faults and things like you can with the newer system.

The Geo Location is a given since that is one of the intended functions though.

I see they are giving this service out for 10 years now. Not sure when that started.

http://www.lexus.com/enform

Old 11-12-17, 06:06 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 422 Posts

When I clicked on the link above and signup with a new account, I got to the enform page where there are only only items, Safety Connect ($8/month) and Safety Connect with Destination Assistant ($16/month)

Choose any and continue with lead to the credit payment page with order submit. I don't see the contact page to view. Maybe because mine is 2010 year?

I'm always curious to see if it's worth it to sign up especially for the stolen feature. I already have good road assistant with AAA.
Old 11-12-17, 06:17 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Actually you have to enter CC and hit the Submit. This doesn't activate the service though. You have agree to contract on next page so you can safely go past the submit part and still not have active service. There will be checkbox which I didn't select below the word "AUTHORIZE" in the graphic above. This is the page where you want to land.
Old 11-12-17, 06:28 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

I see, thanks!
I didn't see any previous owner info LOL...I guess they never signed up or even bother with the service even when it was free.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (11-12-17)
Old 11-06-18, 03:55 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I realize there are some privacy concerns but I got signed up this afternoon and was able to get the previous owner data purged.

I am curious if the transceiver with this associated unit has better reception than a cell phone in fringe areas.

https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answ...tail/a_id/8280

Last edited by Acrad; 11-12-18 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-06-18, 04:01 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I have AAA RV service.... looks like Safety Connect can pass you through to AAA as well

https://newsroom.aaa.com/2010/01/aaa...afety-connect/
Old 11-11-18, 03:00 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I did some testing out in the mountains today on signal reception and was quite impressed for something that isn't a satellite phone which it is definitely not. No antenna expert but whatever they are using certainly can pull in an obscure signal. It reminded me of performance of my old Nextel phone on the 800 Mhz band. My iPhone was dead for miles and miles while this could still detect a signal. Perhaps it using an external antenna is all that matters? Just an observation.
Old 11-11-18, 04:56 PM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I did some testing out in the mountains today on signal reception and was quite impressed for something that isn't a satellite phone which it is definitely not. No antenna expert but whatever they are using certainly can pull in an obscure signal. It reminded me of performance of my old Nextel phone on the 800 Mhz band. My iPhone was dead for miles and miles while this could still detect a signal. Perhaps it using an external antenna is all that matters? Just an observation.
Your right about the Nextel phones. I always had reception on that thing in the most remote locals...
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (11-12-18)
Old 11-12-18, 12:23 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

So if you have AAA, Road Side assistance will still patch you to AAA agent to help even if you don't sign up with Safety Connect with Lexus?
btw, do you still have NavTraffic? How did you sign up for that?

I have AAA RV service.... looks like Safety Connect can pass you through to AAA as well

https://newsroom.aaa.com/2010/01/aaa...afety-connect/
Old 11-12-18, 12:32 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be the case. I think they will just forward the call and GPS info to AAA.

I do have NavTraffic. Don't both with the NavWeather.

This should help on signup for NavTraffic

https://www.siriusxm.com/navtraffic/pricing

Last edited by Acrad; 11-12-18 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Safety Connect - previous owner data