GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Floormats

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-17, 07:22 AM
Surfishing
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Floormats

We all have either friends, family, kids that might or might not treat the interior of our beloved trucks like Rick James did to Eddie Murphy's couch.
That being said, we have so many options for floor mats. What a time to be alive! I may have left some out, but which do you guys prefer and why?

OEM:

OEM all weather:

OEM '****':

Weather tech:

Weather teach fitted:

Husky:
Old 04-28-17, 07:39 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,332 Posts

I went with WT's on mine. I'm in a lot of snow in the winter and plan to do more soft-roading/off-roading and no pavement at my cabin anyway.

They seem to do a good job capturing the water and snowmelt (haven't tested that yet-works well in other cars though) as well as the grit dragged in by everyone's shoes.

I'd love to be able to use the carpeted mats but just not practical for my use.
Old 04-28-17, 07:41 AM
Surfishing
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I run the WT (the flat ones) during the winter and swap out with the oem '****' for the rest of the year.
Old 04-28-17, 07:52 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I should add I am using the fitted WTs. I do perform a similar mat swap as you with my Infiniti but it never sees the dirt either. :-)
Old 04-28-17, 09:26 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 422 Posts

I have WT digitalfit too and they are pretty good. However I like how the Huskly one also covers the dead petal on the driver side.
The cargo WT is a bit slippery and keeps sliding out to the gate. For this I prefer the Lexus one because it divided for when the 3rd row is up.
Old 04-28-17, 09:48 AM
dkpnkc
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO: 1) Husky, 2) WT Fitted. I've used both in different vehicles and Husky seems to cover the dead pedal areas better. However, in the end you really can't go wrong with either.

Edit: IMO - any other so-called all-weather mats are a waste of money. Spend a little more and get the coverage.
Old 04-28-17, 10:05 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I did buy the WT cargo area too... car came with the carpeted mat that still sits under WT.

On the fence about cutting through spots on WT cargo mat so cargo tie down hooks are exposed since it may compromise containment of a spill.
Old 04-28-17, 10:08 AM
dkpnkc
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
I did buy the WT cargo area too... car came with the carpeted mat that still sits under WT.

On the fence about cutting through spots on WT cargo mat so cargo tie down hooks are exposed since it may compromise containment of a spill.
I thought the exact same thing about my '07 GX470. Still haven't, and probably won't, cut any holes it the mat. Seems like it defeats the whole purpose of having the mat in the first place.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (04-28-17)
Old 04-28-17, 01:24 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dkpnkc
I thought the exact same thing about my '07 GX470. Still haven't, and probably won't, cut any holes it the mat. Seems like it defeats the whole purpose of having the mat in the first place.

Yeah.. I think I will leave it alone
Old 04-28-17, 01:29 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the Weather Tech cargo mat and Lexus all weather mats that came with my vehicle. I have the carpet mats new sitting in my basement.
Old 05-02-17, 03:52 PM
HatGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any tricks to keeping the WT cargo mat in place in a GX460? Mine slides all over the place. I don't really want to do the cutouts, either.
Old 05-02-17, 03:57 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I haven't noticed mine slipping around but I wonder if it has to do with the stock cargo carpet mat being underneath it? Might try getting some small rolls of velcro... it may be enough to snap the carpet and stay in place.
Old 05-03-17, 05:33 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

I have the WT fitted. Solid, well made, easy to clean, and wear better than any of the rubber mats out there since I had the all-weather Lexus on my old RX and inside of 2 years they were wearing where my foot would rest on the gas to being paper thin. I went with the WT's for the remainder of my ownership (+3 years)and they still look new.

As far as third row I have the Lexus all-weather since WT doesn't make that one AFAIK and the Lexus brand cargo mat since WT makes one, but it is a one piece which makes it a bit inconvenient for anytime I would need to raise the third row and store the mat.

YMMV
Old 05-04-17, 01:11 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the carpet mat under my Weather Tech cargo mat and mine doesn't slide around much. I do have to take it out every so often and move the carpet mat around, but it doesn't move much.
Old 05-21-17, 10:02 PM
caesosa
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Does anyone have the Oem "****"?

do they make much of a difference? Do they dampen any noise?

Curious as they are the most difficult to find (in the right color) and are the most expensive.

Originally Posted by Surfishing

We all have either friends, family, kids that might or might not treat the interior of our beloved trucks like Rick James did to Eddie Murphy's couch.
That being said, we have so many options for floor mats. What a time to be alive! I may have left some out, but which do you guys prefer and why?

OEM:

OEM all weather:

OEM '****':

Weather tech:

Weather teach fitted:

Husky:

Quick Reply: Floormats