GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GX ordered for the Wife, What you guys think of the build?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-17, 04:04 PM
rroman001
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Im confused, its 71K but you didn't pay for it yet?
Old 07-18-17, 02:26 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by rroman001
Im confused, its 71K but you didn't pay for it yet?
Nothing confused about it.

I often order a car...full custom order or intercept one on their pipeline...AGREED to the price, put in a deposit (to secure the vehicle). When the vehicle arrived and if I don't like it I can take my $$$$ back and go on.

I canceled my order ONCE and the Sales manager said "Thank You" because he lost $$$ on that sale. He agreed with the sale "of that time" because there is a quota they have to make so they took a little loss but the month has passed and they have problem refunding my deposit.
Old 07-18-17, 02:33 PM
kgbagent1
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers

I often order a car...full custom order or intercept one on their pipeline...AGREED to the price, put in a deposit (to secure the vehicle). When the vehicle arrived and if I don't like it I can take my $$$$ back and go on.
That very explanation is confusing as sh t. You ordered a $71K GX, agreeing to that price at that time, placed a deposit...and, once said GX arrives at your dealer, you have intentions of either (a) negotiating that price lower or (b) taking your deposit back and walking?

What am I missing?

PS - that color combo is killer

Last edited by kgbagent1; 07-18-17 at 02:34 PM. Reason: afterthought
Old 07-18-17, 05:04 PM
User21c
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kgbagent1
That very explanation is confusing as sh t. You ordered a $71K GX, agreeing to that price at that time, placed a deposit...and, once said GX arrives at your dealer, you have intentions of either (a) negotiating that price lower or (b) taking your deposit back and walking?

What am I missing?

Glad it's not just me... that seems like absolute worst negotiating strategy of all time!
Old 07-18-17, 06:22 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

New negotiating strategy has it worked in the past for you ? Or is this the first time.
Old 07-19-17, 05:39 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

What am I missing?

That's not how I read his explanation. I read it as he agrees on price and orders the car. When it comes in he either buys it at the agreed upon price or walks because he doesn't like it as he originally thought he would.

I special ordered my GX and did it the same way. I agreed on a price and put a small deposit down. You can't finance a car that hasn't come in and not in your possession. However, if you want to pay cash to the dealer up front you can do that but that is just stupid.
Old 07-19-17, 11:38 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

GoHuskers Wrote:

What am I missing?
Originally Posted by User21c
Glad it's not just me... that seems like absolute worst negotiating strategy of all time!
Maybe your BRAIN is confused as s h t.

Legally, you CAN back out of the deal if you want and get the deposit back. Morally, once you have agreed with the price you should NOT renegotiate unless you eat ****.

Originally Posted by patgilm
That's not how I read his explanation. I read it as he agrees on price and orders the car. When it comes in he either buys it at the agreed upon price or walks because he doesn't like it as he originally thought he would.

I special ordered my GX and did it the same way. I agreed on a price and put a small deposit down. You can't finance a car that hasn't come in and not in your possession. However, if you want to pay cash to the dealer up front you can do that but that is just stupid.
Yes, I know that MANY of us on here are able to READ; however, once in a while you get a bad apple. Thank you, Patgilm. That was EXACTLY what I meant.
Old 07-19-17, 05:29 PM
kgbagent1
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

My last post on the subject: although I erroneously merged your responses with tamermido1's, your explanation was not clear to me and others. Why do I state this? Because it was hard to comprehend that some people would actually place a custom order--ostensibly spec'd out exactly the way they want it--and then refuse delivery because they "don't like it?" Bad apples indeed. Fickle apples, too.
Old 07-19-17, 08:11 PM
User21c
Pit Crew

My last post on the subject: although I erroneously merged your responses with tamermido1's, your explanation was not clear to me and others. Why do I state this? Because it was hard to comprehend that some people would actually place a custom order--ostensibly spec'd out exactly the way they want it--and then refuse delivery because they "don't like it?" Bad apples indeed. Fickle apples, too.
In addition to the post above, many would wonder why you agree with the dealer to pay MSRP, and then hope to negotiate a price down afterwards... changing terms.
That's either terrible negotiating, or bad business ethics,,, not sure which, or both.
Old 07-19-17, 08:35 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

In addition to the post above, many would wonder why you agree with the dealer to pay MSRP, and then hope to negotiate a price down afterwards... changing terms.
That's either terrible negotiating, or bad business ethics,,, not sure which, or both.
That's not how it works or what he said. You negotiate the price up-front (for example, I negotiated $500 over invoice so I knew exactly what I was going to pay when it came in 3 months later) and that is what you pay if you are a straight up person and the dealer is a straight up dealer. I don't see where he said you agree on MSRP and then when it comes in you negotiate. If you have ever special ordered a car, you negotiate just like it is on the lot. No different at all and just as easy.
Old 07-19-17, 10:21 PM
User21c
Pit Crew

That's not how it works or what he said. You negotiate the price up-front (for example, I negotiated $500 over invoice so I knew exactly what I was going to pay when it came in 3 months later) and that is what you pay if you are a straight up person and the dealer is a straight up dealer. I don't see where he said you agree on MSRP and then when it comes in you negotiate. If you have ever special ordered a car, you negotiate just like it is on the lot. No different at all and just as easy.
Originally Posted by tamermido1
MSRP $71K. I haven't paid anything yet.
In post #11, the OP said $71k, MSRP...
Old 07-20-17, 12:35 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

In post #11, the OP said $71k, MSRP...
Patgilm replied regarding to my post, not the OP's.

Mods - please close this thread......
Old 07-20-17, 09:38 PM
User21c
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Patgilm replied regarding to my post, not the OP's.

Mods - please close this thread......
And I was responding with info I saw in the original post.
I think the OP can decide when to ask that the thread be closed. It's their thread.
Thank you...