GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Alignment questions & concerns

Old 09-17-15, 03:01 PM
JamesGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys, I am looking into buying this vehicle. Does this pulling to one side happen to all trims or just the luxury trim which has the air suspension? Thank you for your input and hope this get resolve otherwise I would steer clear of this SUV.
Old 09-17-15, 05:58 PM
westtx28
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this pulling to one side happen to all trims or just the luxury trim which has the air suspension?
I just purchased a 2015 Premium last weekend and it runs straight as an arrow. Steering wheel also seems to be centered correctly. Date of manufacture on door tag shows 07/15. Hopefully it won't develop but definitely not a problem with mine on day one.
Old 09-17-15, 07:03 PM
MWalker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by westtx28
I just purchased a 2015 Premium last weekend and it runs straight as an arrow. Steering wheel also seems to be centered correctly. Date of manufacture on door tag shows 07/15. Hopefully it won't develop but definitely not a problem with mine on day one.
Mine is a 2015 now with 5k and its the same - dead straight.
Old 11-22-15, 07:38 AM
Evoking
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

This is completely off topic but I love your wheels. Can you post more pics?
Old 11-23-15, 04:34 PM
Evoking
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Hahahahaha The SAME problem here, 2015 Premium with ~7000 miles...it ALWAYS pulls to the right...City, Highway, or Freeway it always pulls to the Right. Also, it LEANS to the right as well as Passenger side is LOWER than Driver side...

It needs to be fixed...What the Hell, Lexus?
My 15' Luxury seems to lean to passenger side. But sometimes it isn't doing it. Made me think its the surface. But now that others have seen it I know its there. Park Place checked it out and said its within specs. Nothing they can do. I also had the pulling issue from when I bought it new. The first time they didn't fix it. The 2nd time they did, no more pulling.
Old 07-11-16, 11:37 AM
jsanders
Driver

Lightbulb Alignment questions & concerns

Does your GX go straight and is the steering wheel centered?

After a trip back to the dealer for alignment (they found it was indeed out of spec), my GX won't track straight again. You have to turn the wheel slightly to get it to go straight on the highway and on long flat roads. I've tested my other 3 SUV's on the same road and they go straight. Same thing when towing.

Is not going straight just a characteristic of this SUV by design? Or should I keep sending it back to the dealer to try and get it fixed? I should mention I drive on pretty smooth roads, and so I don't think it is potholes knocking this thing out of alignment or anything.
Old 07-11-16, 11:49 AM
sheikhmax
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not mine

Have the same issue. But just a little off-centered. But it was fixed last year when i had the alignment done.... Currently i need to Hold it to keep the car straight. Some times it does it all by itself but mostly i have to.
I will blame it on Pot HOLEs here in Connecticut and NYC (which is worst ) due which car takes a lot of beating..

So i will get alignment in couple of months as its not that Bad yet.
Old 07-11-16, 02:32 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Have a 2015 Luxury edition and it tracks straight as an arrow on all road surfaces, except some county roads that use humpbacked Macadam surfaces.
Old 07-11-16, 02:40 PM
1HipNip
Driver School Candidate

I have had 2 GX's, a 2006 GX470 and currently own a 2012 GX460. Both have had alignment issues since new. On the current GX460, the steering wheel has been off-centered and the vehicle tracks to the right. Currently has 51k miles, and alignment is done every 10k miles to maintain straight driveability.
Old 07-12-16, 09:31 AM
jsanders
Driver

My GX started drifting at 1k miles. Had an alignment done and it got better, but still not great. Now at 2000 miles it is drifting again.

I have a Toyota Highlander with 50k miles that has never had an alignment done and goes and tows perfectly straight. Again, I drive both on literally the same roads.
Old 07-12-16, 11:36 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jsanders
My GX started drifting at 1k miles. Had an alignment done and it got better, but still not great. Now at 2000 miles it is drifting again.

I have a Toyota Highlander with 50k miles that has never had an alignment done and goes and tows perfectly straight. Again, I drive both on literally the same roads.
Sounds familiar...My '15 started to drift at about 5k miles, had an alignment done at about 9k miles and it helps for couple weeks and crapped out again. I brought it back and they did the alignment again (no charge this time) and now it is at 14,xxx miles and it drifts and leans (rear right is lower than rear left) as it pleases. Some days it is fine but other days it is not. I drive my Tacoma (65k miles and counting) on the SAME roads and it tracks smoothly....

This is my wife DD so I am not pressing hard on the dealer (or Lexus) to correct this issue (no time for it since she can't drive my Lifted Long Bed Taco if I have to take the Lexus). However, once I buy her a new one and the GX becomes by DD I WILL bring it to the dealer (every week if needed) to have it fixed.
Old 07-14-16, 11:54 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

My tracks straigh, but is quite susceptible to wind. Oddly, I've had Lexus cars that are more susceptible to wind than any other cars I've owned. Mine is not horrible but does need corrections in the wheel - both ways. But I really don't notice a pull.
Old 07-23-16, 05:43 AM
TXS3
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok... I had the same issue with it. I brought it back to the dealer for inspection. We tested on a flat road, which does displayed a slight right pull. However, on the highway, the tech was with me, he stated that if it pulled "5 feet within a distant of 200 feet" Lexus considered it to be normal. Anyway, I told him my MB and BMW displayed no such behavior even brand new. He couldn't give an explanation. Then he goes on to explaining the "crown on the road" compensate for the pull. Blah, blah about it.
I told him just put it on the machine and recheck please. Sure enough, despite the SUV only had 1K on it, the specs were off. It was off on the right .03 or something. They re-aligned, better, but not completely straight.
The following users liked this post:
MatB (05-31-20)
Old 07-24-16, 12:13 AM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I went with my friend to go check out a 12 GX460. I was the one who persuaded him in to looking at the GX. He loved everything about the GX except for the steering wheel off center issue. That was enough for him to NOT buy it. He ended up with a MB GL.
Old 07-25-16, 03:39 PM
clickart
Pit Crew

Default Anybody got lifetime alignment at firestones on gx460?

Thinking about getting a lifetime alignment at Firestone on the gx460 since my is pulling to the right. From what I read, we need an alignment every 10k or so on the GX in order to maintain a center steering wheel.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alignment questions & concerns