GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Enform System Reboot Loop

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-16, 06:26 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by mooondog
I was happy that it didn't mess with my radio pre-sets. I can live with the seat programming going away.
I loose navigation location in my 2011 with a battery disconnect . Need to set it back to your area. I think it defaults to north east in my GX.
Old 06-08-16, 04:28 AM
lexusmak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought this was just my IS 250 going crazy! It was a horrible drive to work this morning in silence with that same loop replaying and replaying and replaying...Glad its not just me.
Old 06-08-16, 04:31 AM
paui4m
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Battery disconnect seems to have resolved it for me as well.
Seemed normal on the ride to work this morning....
Old 06-08-16, 06:29 AM
CAWjr
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Has Lexus officially confirmed that the battery disconnect will fix this permanently? I only want to have to deal with disconnecting it once.
Old 06-08-16, 08:26 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

just amazed all lexus vehicles affected by this. I guess all lexus vehicles still connected to lexus central.

Same thing happened to me yesterday.
Also, my bluetooth was cutting in and out few days ago.
Radio has defenitely been acting up for last week.
Looks like a quick search shows many lexus models affected by this

Last edited by T4Fun; 06-08-16 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-08-16, 09:10 AM
Lexus61030
Driver School Candidate

FROM LEXUS CORPORATE:

Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit (center display) of 2014-16 model year Lexus vehicles. In some situations, this issue can cause the head unit restart repeatedly, affecting operation of the navigation system (if equipped), audio and climate control features. The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected last night.

The correction is a forced reset and clearing of the errant data from the system. Disconnecting the vehicle 12V battery for at least 5 minutes and then re-connecting the battery completes this reset.

Lexus owners experiencing these issues should visit their dealer for a complimentary system reset and a confirmation of the system

Thank you for your patience and on-going support.
Old 06-08-16, 09:13 AM
CAWjr
Rookie

Thanks for posting. Out of curiosity, where did you see this? The silence from Lexus on this has been deafening.
Old 06-08-16, 09:16 AM
Lexus61030
Driver School Candidate

I work for Lexus.
Old 06-08-16, 09:19 AM
CAWjr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexus61030
I work for Lexus.
Then your voice has been the loudest I have heard so far!
Old 06-08-16, 09:20 AM
11GX460
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry to hear this affecting the newer Lexus models. Situations like this makes me more weary of vehicles overstaurated with technology. At least this didn't effect the drivability of the vehicle, and the cause and effect was quickly discovered, but still frustrating nevertheless.
Old 06-08-16, 09:51 AM
bluename
Driver School Candidate

Since the company has the solution for this matter, should we drive to the dealer or fix by ourselves? Any suggestions?
Old 06-08-16, 10:59 AM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing it can effect so many cars. Big brother is watching us
Old 06-08-16, 11:28 AM
gzorn
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was stuck in this mode and happened to be near the dealer this afternoon. Took me right in and did the reset. Did not lose any settings. Got myself a free snack and water, took about 20 minutes from drop-off to pickup. Radio did not work that was the most irritating during the drive.
Old 06-08-16, 11:33 AM
jansan946
Driver School Candidate

FROM LEXUS CORPORATE:

Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit (center display) of 2014-16 model year Lexus vehicles. In some situations, this issue can cause the head unit restart repeatedly, affecting operation of the navigation system (if equipped), audio and climate control features. The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected last night.

The correction is a forced reset and clearing of the errant data from the system. Disconnecting the vehicle 12V battery for at least 5 minutes and then re-connecting the battery completes this reset.

Lexus owners experiencing these issues should visit their dealer for a complimentary system reset and a confirmation of the system

I just completed this forced reset in my 2015 GS350. The only tool used was a 10mm box-end wrench to disconnect the neg terminal from the battery.

I did the forced reset in my garage and normal operation wasn't working when I started my car. That may have been due to a weak satellite signal, so I backed-out onto the apron and shut it totally down. When I restarted it, normal navigation - and other functions such as the radio - were restored.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-08-16, 02:27 PM
paui4m
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for posting this!

FROM LEXUS CORPORATE:

Quick Reply: Enform System Reboot Loop