Canadian GX460 in USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-16, 12:03 PM
Mitchm25
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian GX460 in USA

Hi All,

So the long short of this is.....I bought my wife a 2011 GX460 from Lexus. On my way home i realized the car was in KM not MPH. The outer ring is in KM and the inner ring is in MPH. The dealer thought they were going to be able to change but turns out they can't. I'm at a crossroads, what do i do. They offered to try and find a new car or i keep the car and we work out a deal of some sort. If i keep the car will i run into other issues with it being from Canada. So does anyone know what makes a 2011 GX460 from Canada different then one from the US ?

any info would be very helpful

Thanks
Mitch
Old 02-04-16, 12:42 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Same vehicle, different speedo. You won't have any problems.
Old 02-04-16, 01:00 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

It will be exceedingly polite... and apologise for everything, especially the weather.
The following users liked this post:
alpha0M3G4 (12-09-21)
Old 02-04-16, 02:38 PM
Mitchm25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Same vehicle, different speedo. You won't have any problems.
I can handle that.

Even though the part the dealer ordered doesn't fit, is there a change that can be done. Besides using a Sharpe pen.
Old 02-04-16, 03:18 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

saw this on a rx350 the other day. Canadian version, far away from home. it was actually kind of unique. id keep it man youll have something different that is kind of uncommon
Old 02-04-16, 04:52 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
It will be exceedingly polite... and apologise for everything, especially the weather.
Lol. Or it will have a sense of self righteous politeness and talk endlessly about Americans before launching into the weather. Too cold, too hot, too much snow, not enough snow. Lotta rain, not enough rain and when are they gonna clear the street from the last snowfall etc.

But seriously, OP you won't find too many differences. Have you traced the car's history? It might actually have some Canada-only options like headlight washers, drl's always on option etc. But this requires some research.
Old 02-04-16, 04:54 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

From what I have read on the GX 460 forum, options are are different with the Canadian model. Maybe it is time to move this to the GX 460 forum please.
We have several Canadian members that probably don't monitor this forum and may have more insight on this model. Thanks mods
Old 02-04-16, 06:37 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

shame on dealer for selling a canadian version.

Warranty wont be good in US. You would have to take it back to canada, and you might have issues there being a US citizen.

Just return it and get a US version.
Old 02-05-16, 05:19 AM
Mitchm25
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the feedback, very helpful with some witty humour......ill post in GX460 forum.

Thanks Again everyone
Old 02-10-16, 09:25 AM
managerx
Driver School Candidate

I would suggest you take the dealer up and do an exchange for a US model if they will find you one with the same specs and price.

As a Canadian I can tell you that a US car has a much lower re-sale value in Canada; so I would assume it is the same for a Canadian car in the US. Reason being, warranty - in that they are often not transferable across the border and who wants to cross the border to get a service! Also I think there is a stigma that there might be something "off" about the car.

For re-sale purposes only; I would re-consider keeping it unless you got a fantastic deal...
Old 02-10-16, 10:27 AM
BornDriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that is only difference and the vehicle is running fine, I wouldn't mind. Canadian Lexus usually a little sexier than US version, athough GX460 is minimal different. Why should not those pretty DRL keep on all the time? Isn't it a more peace of mind in snow storm when you know you have a big battery under hood?
Old 02-10-16, 03:41 PM
Mitchm25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BornDriver
If that is only difference and the vehicle is running fine, I wouldn't mind. Canadian Lexus usually a little sexier than US version, athough GX460 is minimal different. Why should not those pretty DRL keep on all the time? Isn't it a more peace of mind in snow storm when you know you have a big battery under hood?
The dealer and I worked out a deal, and I'll be keeping the car. Along with some added perks. The dealer made me right. I spoke with lexus Canada and we went over the differences between US and Canada GX460s. There aren't many and the warranty I bought is a US one so I'm not worried. . Plus it's loaded with every option they offered so finding one with 20k miles would be difficult. And to be honest I'm sick of talking to them. And I'm sure they feel the same about me. .
Old 02-11-16, 07:42 AM
managerx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mitchm25
The dealer and I worked out a deal, and I'll be keeping the car. Along with some added perks. The dealer made me right. I spoke with lexus Canada and we went over the differences between US and Canada GX460s. There aren't many and the warranty I bought is a US one so I'm not worried. . Plus it's loaded with every option they offered so finding one with 20k miles would be difficult. And to be honest I'm sick of talking to them. And I'm sure they feel the same about me. .
Nice - I am glad they sorted you out and stood by their product! Enjoy the GX!
Old 02-11-16, 09:46 AM
BornDriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy it!

The meter is KM. Actually, you get about 1/3 less in mileage showing also.
Old 02-11-16, 06:44 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

The US warranty that you bought is aware that this is a Canada model? Please check the warranty details. Who did you get this warranty from?

Last edited by tecman; 02-11-16 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Canadian GX460 in USA