GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2010 GX460 on TRD BBS RW

Old 08-02-15, 06:35 PM
motolex722
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2010 GX460 on TRD BBS RW

Hey All,

Old member back with a new(ish) Lexus. Just want to share my 2010 Lexus GX460. She's getting there. Wheels are TRD 18" BBW RW's powder coated satin black. Tires are stock size, Michelin LTX MS/2. Truck has been Ceramic Pro'd. Probably the best money I've spent on a vehcile. Lifetime nano-ceramic coating. Full LED's all the way around.

Name:  2015-08-02%2014.43.21-1.jpg
Views: 2583
Size:  334.2 KB

Name:  2015-08-02%2014.42.03.jpg
Views: 2900
Size:  285.8 KB

Name:  2015-08-02%2014.41.48.jpg
Views: 6554
Size:  303.3 KB

Name:  2015-08-02%2014.42.46.jpg
Views: 2361
Size:  254.8 KB
Old 08-03-15, 06:18 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Lookin Good!
Old 08-04-15, 10:49 AM
daman7676
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great setup!
Old 08-05-15, 03:23 PM
SpokeBroke
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Those wheels look great, especially with the color of the truck.
Very cool!
Old 08-05-15, 05:10 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Nice ride, I see that you have the Ceramic Pro Paint Protection listed in your other post. What are your thoughts on this? Is the front end chipped or is it as good as they claim?

Congrats on your GX
WHY CHOOSE CERAMIC PRO?

Permanent protection
Ceramic Pro is not a paint protection, wax or sealant that will wash away or break down over time. It is a nano-ceramic coating that forms a permanent adhesion to the paint and can only be removed through abrasion. No chemical can dissolve the coating.

Hardness above 9H
When the coat hardens it creates a surface that can withstand stone chips and all sorts of light scratches. The glass coat is above 9H on the Pencil test scale. This scale is used in the coating industry to determine a mineral`s hardness, 9H is the highest on the scale. The coat will stay hard for a lifetime if maintained correctly.

Chemical Resistance
The coating has a 100% resistance against the damaging containments and harsh chemicals that a car can be exposed to. Since chemicals does not do anything to the coating, the car will stay protected.

Oxidation and Corrosion Resistant
Bare metal will oxidize and painted surfaces will not. Ceramic Pro´s protective coat protects the paint and the metal from getting in contact with water and oxygen.

Temperature resistance
The coat will not be effected under 1400 Fahrenheit.

UV protection
Silkoxid which is used in sun block is also used in Ceramic Pro’s products. The UV protecting keeps the paint, rubber and plastic from aging.

Super Gloss
The shine from this product is not comparable to any other product on the
market. It has to be seen in real life.

Super Hydrophobic
When you talk about surfaces being hydrophobic you often talk about the water contact angle of the surface. The higher angle the less dirt or liquid will attach to the surface. A drive in the rain will make the car look newly washed. This hydrophobic effect will last a lifetime if maintained correctly.
http://www.ceramicproamericas.com/automotive/
Old 08-05-15, 11:05 PM
motolex722
Driver

Thanks! It's a 2010 so the front end did have some chips already so I cant tell you with 100% certainty that the ceramic pro is as good as they claim but so far I can't really tell any new stone chips. The ceramic pro paint protection is probably the best money i've spent on any car i've owned. I can go weeks without washing the truck and you would only be able to tell it's dirty by looking at the wheels or water spots on the windows. The stuff is awesome and I stand by it 100% if applied correctly by an authorized dealer. The wheels are coming off while I go on vacation next week and will be left with friends at Dynamic Perfection here in Sicklerville, NJ to be ceramic pro'd as well. Can't wait to have my full exterior protected with Ceramic Pro.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck gents!

Originally Posted by tecman
Nice ride, I see that you have the Ceramic Pro Paint Protection listed in your other post. What are your thoughts on this? Is the front end chipped or is it as good as they claim?

Congrats on your GX

http://www.ceramicproamericas.com/automotive/

Last edited by motolex722; 08-05-15 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-06-15, 01:39 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by motolex722
Hey All,

Old member back with a new(ish) Lexus. Just want to share my 2010 Lexus GX460. She's getting there. Wheels are TRD 18" BBW RW's powder coated satin black. Tires are stock size, Michelin LTX MS/2. Truck has been Ceramic Pro'd. Probably the best money I've spent on a vehcile. Lifetime nano-ceramic coating. Full LED's all the way around.
Congrats and welcome back! I'm thinking about upgrading my 1st gen to a 2nd gen.

I have a brother that lives in Sicklerville.

I'm curious to know how much does it cost to have the entire body Ceramic Pro'd? Also what type of maintenance do you need to do on it?

I currently detail my car twice a year with Zaino.
Old 08-07-15, 11:59 AM
GX460PREM
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious about the prices for the Ceramic Pro (gold, silver, bronze) packages since you have to e-mail them for the price quotes. They still haven't reply back to my e-mail. Any chance they might have an authorized shop in GA that performed this type of detail work?

Which package did you selected?

Thanks
Old 08-08-15, 10:13 AM
motolex722
Driver

So I'm not exactly sure because the owner of Dynamic Perfections is a personal friend of mine and client so we actually traded out for each other's services but I know the minimum charge is $1400 for a vehicle of our size. It all depends on the condition of your paint though. They have to correct the paint as close to perfect as possible before they coat the vehicle.

Ceramic Pro is a lifetime paint protection system so you should never have to detail your truck again. As far as maintenance goes, all I do it drive it though a strong rain storm... No but seriously, this stuff is pretty cool. My truck looks clean again after a strong rain storm so basically the only maintenance you need is to pressure wash or a standard wash. Everything gets coated, Paint, plastics, grill, lights, steps, even the emblems. It's worth the money if you're keeping your GX long term for sure.

Originally Posted by kphu
Congrats and welcome back! I'm thinking about upgrading my 1st gen to a 2nd gen.

I have a brother that lives in Sicklerville.

I'm curious to know how much does it cost to have the entire body Ceramic Pro'd? Also what type of maintenance do you need to do on it?

I currently detail my car twice a year with Zaino.
Old 08-08-15, 10:16 AM
motolex722
Driver

I'm not sure what package he did on my vehicle because we traded each others services for the work, but I do know that basically the levels are based on how many coats of ceramic pro they use. The more layers or coats they use, the more your truck is protected. I know pricing at Dynamic Perfections here in NJ is a min of $1,400 and can increase depending on how much paint correction hours are needed. Not sure on GA authorized shops.

Originally Posted by GX460PREM
Just curious about the prices for the Ceramic Pro (gold, silver, bronze) packages since you have to e-mail them for the price quotes. They still haven't reply back to my e-mail. Any chance they might have an authorized shop in GA that performed this type of detail work?

Which package did you selected?

Thanks