GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

DVD Player....Blank Screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-15, 05:48 PM
donnagibs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD Player....Blank Screen

Have a 2010 GX 460 with dual dvds in the head rests. They are OEM not aftermarket. Both worked great until I had the car detailed a few days ago. Now the one behind the driver's seat works but the one behind the passenger seat does not. The screen changes from a dark color to a slightly lighter color but never gets a picture. Was hoping someone might know what might have happened. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-15, 06:47 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Possibly the detailer soaked the screen with a cleaner and ruined it? On thing that comes to mind quickly.
Old 04-13-15, 05:48 PM
donnagibs
Driver School Candidate

I was thinking the same thing. Wondering if they could have also bumped a wire loose somewhere? Probably need to take into a dealer....grrr,
Thanks for the reply. I searched everywhere and have not seen anyone with the same problem. I can still see that the screen is on......just no picture.
Old 06-24-15, 02:07 PM
daman7676
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a 2010 with the dual OEM RSES screens. I had to take the remote and make sure I switched the source to DVD to get the picture to come up. Have you tried double checking that the right screen source didn't get changed?
Old 06-24-15, 07:15 PM
Bati
Driver School Candidate

Default Dvd Remote

Hey guys - I have a GX 470 and we lost our remote for the dual DVD.

I saw
this this
on Amazon. Its supposed to be a generic universal remote, but not sure it'll work or how to configure.

Anyone had this problem?

Thanks.
Old 06-25-15, 07:42 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bati
Hey guys - I have a GX 470 and we lost our remote for the dual DVD.

I saw this on Amazon. Its supposed to be a generic universal remote, but not sure it'll work or how to configure.

Anyone had this problem?

Thanks.
You're on the GX460 forum, but maybe somebody that had a 470 here can help but you may have better luck on the 470 forum.
Old 06-25-15, 10:19 PM
donnagibs
Driver School Candidate

I wish it were that simple. My son actually removed the player and switched it from the drivers side to the passenger side. So now the working one is on the passenger side of the car instead of the driver side. I contacted Lexus dealer who emailed me back with a price.........4200.00 for a new player. I knew it was expensive but really?? So we are now just using the one and the kids are leaning over as far as they can to see the working screen. Am planning to take it to a local car stereo store to see if maybe it can be fixed. Funny thing a couple of weeks ago it came on for just a few minutes. Kids were excited....but then it blinked back off.
Old 06-26-15, 09:46 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by donnagibs
I wish it were that simple. My son actually removed the player and switched it from the drivers side to the passenger side. So now the working one is on the passenger side of the car instead of the driver side. I contacted Lexus dealer who emailed me back with a price.........4200.00 for a new player. I knew it was expensive but really?? So we are now just using the one and the kids are leaning over as far as they can to see the working screen. Am planning to take it to a local car stereo store to see if maybe it can be fixed. Funny thing a couple of weeks ago it came on for just a few minutes. Kids were excited....but then it blinked back off.
I don't understand, "Removed."
Randy B
Old 06-26-15, 12:44 PM
mistabuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the screens are in the actual headrests, those aren't factory/OEM. Even if the dealership agreed to install it when you purchased the GX new, they use an aftermarket product. The OEM screens are mounted at the top of the seat back and are not associated with the headrest. If they are aftermarket, I am certain you can easily buy an exact replacement for way below $4200 and just drop it into the headrest posts since you will already have had the wiring done.
Old 06-26-15, 02:46 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Default Factory setup for RSES.

This is what a factory setup looks like for a RSES in a GX, RX, and LX. Not sure what you have by your description of removing a side and replacing on the other? My bet is, you have an Invision set which is aftermarket. If the player is incorporated in the screen, you have an aftermarket unit.

Randy B
Attached Thumbnails DVD Player....Blank Screen-gx-technology-dual-screen-dvd-rear-seat-entertainment-system-429x322-gx683-2014-lexus.png  
Old 06-26-15, 08:08 PM
donnagibs
Driver School Candidate

Okay, so really not part of the headrest....mounted just like your picture shows. My son just opened up the frame and removed the player. He unplugged the wiring and switched it to the other side. So we know it is the monitor itself and not the connections or wiring. One works on either side....the other does not work at all. Well it actually changes the screen color from black to blue but doe not show the dvd. Hoping that our local car stereo store can replace a wire or something. Tried to find another monitor from a wrecking yard or something but so far nothing. I believe 4200.00 is ridiculous.
Old 06-27-15, 03:41 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Donna, that's a purely a monitor, not a player. I'd go to car-parts.com and see if you could find one somewhere in the country. All three models use the same monitor (LX,GX,RX). That site is what LKQ uses to advertise their wrecks to body shops and insurance companies for secondhand parts. I did a search just now, and have attached it. Seems liek there are a few out there if you call around.

Randy B
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Search Results.pdf (29.8 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by Randy B; 06-27-15 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-27-15, 10:26 PM
donnagibs
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much....will have my son remove the monitor again to get the number from the unit and then try one of the parts you found. Price is way better and I appreciate your help. Will let you know my results.
Thanks again, Donna
Old 06-28-15, 04:28 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Default Unlesss you really want him to......

The part number is available here:

http://www.mylparts.com/parts/2010/L...agramCallOut=2

and here: 8643048011

The last two digits not included with the number above are interior colors for the frame around the monitor. They are: A1=Ecru, C0=Black, E0=Sepia. You add these to the end of the number above and that is the full part number.

Again though, it won't matter. The units are the same in the LX, RX, and GX. As long as the monitor works, you put it in your frame, and plug it in.

Good Luck with it!

Randy B
Attached Thumbnails DVD Player....Blank Screen-8942200.gif  

Last edited by Randy B; 06-28-15 at 04:33 AM.