exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default CLubLexus SUV series: 2014 GX460

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/n...xus-gx-460.php

In short, you really get a lot of car for the money with this facelift
Old 12-15-14, 01:07 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah, I traded my 2010 in for a 2014. It is a better vehicle than my 2010...
Old 12-16-14, 05:28 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, it is a much better vehicle overall from previous generations. Craig, when you upgraded did you have any issues with the climate settings being much hotter in the car? In my 2012 I kept the temp at 73 year round and it was very comfortable but with the 2015 at 73 the inside of the car is an inferno, the heat never shuts off and the fan stays at med-high all the time. No real surprise here but the dealer says it is normal.... Either something changed with the programming of the climate system or something is malfunctioning with it.
Old 12-16-14, 06:42 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Programming change.

Originally Posted by CdeFabio
Yea, it is a much better vehicle overall from previous generations. Craig, when you upgraded did you have any issues with the climate settings being much hotter in the car? In my 2012 I kept the temp at 73 year round and it was very comfortable but with the 2015 at 73 the inside of the car is an inferno, the heat never shuts off and the fan stays at med-high all the time. No real surprise here but the dealer says it is normal.... Either something changed with the programming of the climate system or something is malfunctioning with it.
When left in auto mode, the system now uses closed recirc more than fresh air by deign, to be more fuel efficient. So the manual says. I noticed it right away down here in Florida, as its almost always on recirc in auto mode. I have to manually select fresh air except during the during the two cold months we get down here. Being that its on recirc more, you will notice the car heat up quicker as fresh air is not being used.

Randy B
Old 12-16-14, 07:00 AM
fortytwo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In my '15, in Texas where ambient is bouncing around 55-75F in the couple of weeks that I've had the car, I keep mine at 73 auto with no issues. So, maybe something's amiss with yours?
Old 12-16-14, 09:47 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Interesting....Mine seems to be the opposite in that it rarely goes to recirculate, I actually had the dealer check the smog sensor as I almost always have car exhaust from the car in front of me coming in through the vents, which I never had in my previous GX's...but again the dealer says it is all normal. They are saying that if it is cold or chilled outside it will not move to recirculate as a safety feature so the windows do not fog up. They said they did a master programming change to the temp settings to lower it by a few degrees. It seems better but now but if you are driving around a bit and the car is heated up it will start blowing cold air out the main vents...it's like you never win, you are either burning up or freezing cold...no in-between. It will be going back to the dealer again soon...I am really not happy with the climate settings in this 2015.
Old 12-16-14, 12:24 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi Chris, no, no difference from my 2010. I would ask Jeff Baskin to look at it and see
what's going on.
Old 12-17-14, 04:41 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Craig B
Hi Chris, no, no difference from my 2010. I would ask Jeff Baskin to look at it and see
what's going on.
Thanks Craig, that is what I thought. I talked to Jeff a few weeks ago right after I took delivery but I did not know about this problem yet. He is a great guy, I will talk with him again when I go in.
Old 12-18-14, 12:02 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Great review Henry.

The car is great value for the money indeed. While many may have not taken this SUV off-road, let me tell you this car performs amazingly well. I take it out regularly to the sand dunes and between the diff lock/Torsen/all wheel drive and the lower end Torque delivery, this beast just keeps going
Need to put together some shots.

I also very much enjoy the driving position, with great view of the road. Just wished we got the newer style gauges like the LX570 with more functions.