GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

pre crash system in the GX460

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-14, 11:07 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy B
I hope to never experience what you just described.

Randy B
You really don't want to experience it. I have the regular PCS system on my LS and sometimes (rarely) I drive over an expansion joint on a small bridge near me it sets off the PCS system and the seatbelts tighten up real fast. Scares the crap out of me. I know of a new '13 LS owner that lived near this same small bridge and his advanced PCS would often react in the same place and almost cause accidents since it would brake. They took care of the issue by getting him a new one without PCS.
Old 03-31-14, 11:19 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm

You really don't want to experience it. I have the regular PCS system on my LS and sometimes (rarely) I drive over an expansion joint on a small bridge near me it sets off the PCS system and the seatbelts tighten up real fast. Scares the crap out of me. I know of a new '13 LS owner that lived near this same small bridge and his advanced PCS would often react in the same place and almost cause accidents since it would brake. They took care of the issue by getting him a new one without PCS.
I was referring to snow on my vehicle.

Randy B
Old 03-31-14, 11:22 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Randy B
I was referring to snow on my vehicle.

Randy B
Ha ha, okay I am pretty stupid. I hope you don't either living in Florida. Unfortunately it is spring here and I just experienced snow on my vehicle yesterday. I am done with snow!
Old 03-31-14, 11:28 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
how does that set off the pcs?
Old 03-31-14, 11:38 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by T4Fun
how does that set off the pcs?
That I am not sure of. It could be some metal on the expansion joint or around the bridge somewhere. It was replicated by the service department in the other persons car at the same spot and they got him out of that car since he drove on that road daily. It only does it on my car every once in a while. I have tried to replicate it using all sorts of things like cruise on/off, speed, etc. and I can't figure it out. It just happens but luckily for me it just tightens up my seatbelts really fast like a ghost is in my car.
Old 03-31-14, 04:22 PM
askad007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello again,
Finally I took the car without PCS , here in middle east you can get mark levinson in top range only in many models of lexus (is >es> gx) and I have a bad experience with it.
Thanks all for nice explain
Now my family own IS & GX and next target is LX!!!!! (cost 110000$) here????

Thanks
Old 04-11-14, 10:34 AM
emaratee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
You have be using Cruise Control for the system to work.

~ Cap
This is not a true statement,

Twice I experienced the system in My 2012 (luckily no accident) without cruise control.
Old 08-19-14, 04:04 PM
Dimibe
Driver School Candidate

Default PCS (Pre-Collision system)∗

I got a 2014 Lexus 2014 and have thrice has the PCS applied automatically in situations that i did not consider dangerous. On the 3 occasions my speed did not exceed 100kmph and I was oveetaking other cars. It was scary for me and my passengers but I will like to establish what may have triggered this since I was not on Cruise Control not at risk of collusion. The automatic brakes came on suddenly and sharply. seat beats thightened up and a buzzer sounded. I was scared that cars coming behind me would have crashed into my car. Has anybody had a similar problem? Should I have the car checked? Appreciate feedback from forum members.
Old 08-19-14, 05:48 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimibe
I got a 2014 Lexus 2014 and have thrice has the PCS applied automatically in situations that i did not consider dangerous. On the 3 occasions my speed did not exceed 100kmph and I was oveetaking other cars. It was scary for me and my passengers but I will like to establish what may have triggered this since I was not on Cruise Control not at risk of collusion. The automatic brakes came on suddenly and sharply. seat beats thightened up and a buzzer sounded. I was scared that cars coming behind me would have crashed into my car. Has anybody had a similar problem? Should I have the car checked? Appreciate feedback from forum members.
If I read this correctly, it sounds like you were only passing a car and pulled in front of the car and it activated the system?
Old 08-20-14, 02:52 AM
Dimibe
Driver School Candidate

It actually happened thrice while overtaking cars on a bridge. Looking at previous comments on this subject I also see some similarities as it the exact spots were where there are expansion joints on the bridge.
Old 08-20-14, 02:45 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the radar sensor is under the badge on front grille. I suspect if it bounces off metal and returns to sensor as if a car is in front it will stop.