Enform App Suite and system update

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14, 10:26 AM
gzorn
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Enform App Suite and system update

Just got an email from Lexus...

We hope you are enjoying your Lexus and your Lexus Enform® App Suite service with in-vehicle access to popular mobile applications, such as BingTM, Pandora® and iHeartRadio.

Lexus is proud to introduce a new feature called Saved Destinations, which makes planning your next trip easier. Along with announcing this new feature we also want to inform you of the transition of some features from your Lexus Enform App Suite to the My Lexus and Beyond mobile app, Lexus Roadside Assistance mobile app, and lexusdrivers.com.

Saved Destinations

Saved Destinations is a new Lexus Enform App Suite feature that replaces eDestination within your Lexus Enform App Suite. When searching for points-of-interest (POIs) via Bing within the Lexus Enform App Suite, you can easily store and send your selected points-of-interest (POIs) directly to your vehicle using the Saved Destinations feature. Once your phone is paired, these POIs are accessed via the Saved Destinations folder in your vehicle where you can easily download them to your navigation system and be ready to go.

Please note: Saved Destinations replaces eDestination on mobile devices; however, eDestination will continue to be available through the lexusdrivers.com site.

To use Saved Destinations, you will need to update your existing Lexus Enform App Suite mobile app and your in-vehicle software.

Mobile App Update: Watch for the Lexus Enform App Suite update on your phone in early April or visit the Apple® App StoreSM[1] on your mobile device. Once app version (1.5.31) is available, please update to the new version.

In-Vehicle Software Update: You will automatically receive an on-screen notification in your vehicle when the update is available. Please follow the simple instructions on the screen and your system will be automatically updated to the latest version of Lexus Enform App Suite.

Transition of Select Features

Going forward, the Lexus Enform App Suite (handset version) will only contain features that match those available within Lexus Enform App Suite in your vehicle (Table 1). Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Information, Dealers Nearby and Lexus Mobile[2] will be removed from the Enform App Suite mobile app, but will be available within the My Lexus and Beyond app (Table 2), the Lexus Roadside Assistance app (Table 3) or via lexusdrivers.com (Table 4).

(1) Lexus Enform App Suite:

Pandora®
Facebook Places
Yelp®
iHeartRadio
MovieTickets.com
OpenTable®
BingTM
Saved Destinations
Enform Tutorials
Fuel Guide (select MY14 only)
Sports (select MY14 only)
Stocks (select MY14 only)

(2) My Lexus and Beyond

Vehicle Information (How-to Videos)

(3) Lexus Roadside Assistance

Roadside Assistance
Dealers Nearby

(4) lexusdrivers.com website

Vehicle Information (How-to Videos)
eDestination

My Lexus and Beyond is a mobile companion designed exclusively for Lexus owners who use iPhone®[1]. In addition to the feature previously noted, you'll also have quick access to your vehicle-service history, information on Lexus-owner benefits, as well as valuable guidance on your vehicle's features and technologies. My Lexus and Beyond is a single, convenient location for valuable Lexus ownership tools.

Lexus Roadside Assistance is designed to give Lexus owners an added level of safety and convenience while on the road. This app makes it easy to initiate a call with Lexus Roadside Assistance at any hour, on any day of the week. The app also pinpoints nearby Lexus dealerships in case you need one when traveling.

You can download both the My Lexus and Beyond and Lexus Roadside Assistance apps by visiting the Apple App Store

Thank you for being a loyal Lexus customer, and we hope you continue to enjoy your Lexus Enform App Suite service.

Sincerely,
Lexus Enform App Suite Customer Support
Old 03-25-14, 11:12 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I got the email as well and was hoping two things were added to the update.

1. Slacker Radio
2. The ability to connect IHeartRadio with my online IHeartRadio account to listen to customized stations. The is the case with Pandora where you have to enter a username and password.

*******Update On second read*******

Hey did they add a Sports scores app!!!??? Nice!
Old 03-26-14, 05:18 AM
shane4x4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty nice update. Someday I'll be able to afford a 460
Old 04-16-14, 05:14 PM
gzorn
Pit Crew

So the update for Enform pops up on the screen and when I say download it never gets off 0% and fails for the last 2 days. Anyone successful yet?

This gen 8 system is very unstable at this point. Did talk to them about letting the bluetooth be put into a bypass mode so all sounds could come through the speakers but no word back on it.
Old 04-16-14, 07:36 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gzorn
So the update for Enform pops up on the screen and when I say download it never gets off 0% and fails for the last 2 days. Anyone successful yet?

This gen 8 system is very unstable at this point. Did talk to them about letting the bluetooth be put into a bypass mode so all sounds could come through the speakers but no word back on it.
I updated mine about a week and a half ago with no problems. I find the system to be extremely stable as I have been problem free with the exception of bluetooth occasionally acting crazy. The apps have been rock solid
Old 04-16-14, 09:38 PM
JohnJerk
Driver

Pandora has been a bust for me. Doesn't show my stations so I just steam it over Bluetooth which is cumbersome. Anyone else?
Old 04-17-14, 06:01 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
Pandora has been a bust for me. Doesn't show my stations so I just steam it over Bluetooth which is cumbersome. Anyone else?
I dont have it on my GX but the GS i bought it just sucks! I gave up and stream through bluetooth, much easier. The Enform works really nice when it works.
Old 04-17-14, 08:20 AM
gzorn
Pit Crew

Finally got it to update. Since I was trying to do it at home, had to turn off the wireless and only let it run thru the cell, don't know why. Will see how it acts now.
Old 04-17-14, 03:32 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
Pandora has been flawless from Day 1
Old 04-21-14, 06:49 AM
dstock
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year did the app suite become available in the GX? I have a 2011 but I assume it is not upgradeable.
Old 04-21-14, 02:30 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

If I am not mistaken the app suite became available with the 2014 model year.
Old 04-23-14, 04:51 AM
gzorn
Pit Crew

OK so the update seems to have fix the problem with HD traffic not automatically finding stations no matter who you are listening to. I now have HD traffic as long as I am in a coverage area.

I still do have a problem with interaction to my Iphone 4S. There are times, mostly after receiving a text message it crashes the bluetooth link with the phone. When this happens I need to reboot the phone with the car turned off or it will not reconnect correctly. So not sure if the problem is in the phone or the car at this time.
Old 04-23-14, 05:35 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gzorn
OK so the update seems to have fix the problem with HD traffic not automatically finding stations no matter who you are listening to. I now have HD traffic as long as I am in a coverage area.

I still do have a problem with interaction to my Iphone 4S. There are times, mostly after receiving a text message it crashes the bluetooth link with the phone. When this happens I need to reboot the phone with the car turned off or it will not reconnect correctly. So not sure if the problem is in the phone or the car at this time.
Stupid question of the day. When you stream something like Pandora or I❤️Radio via Bluetooth to the GX does it count on your data usage. I only have 2Gb per month then each Gb over that is 15 bucks. Seems like if you used it on long road trip it would run into money. I usually just load up a small sized 32Gb USB drive and use that. Would be interested in doing Pandira,etc. though.
Old 04-24-14, 02:04 AM
gzorn
Pit Crew

Yes Pandora or IHeart would count against your data usage. That is why I wanted the fix for traffic since using the Enform app to get traffic also counts against your data usage. (I only had a 300 MB plan since I tend to use wifi hotspots when doing heavy downloads)

Since I have a 32GB phone I have more then enough music loaded on the phone to handle any drive I want if I cannot find a radio station to fit my needs.
Old 04-24-14, 04:49 AM
NoDak
Driver School Candidate

I still have my Verizon unlimited and so does the warden.

I stream the crap out of Pandora.

Quick Reply: Enform App Suite and system update