GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GX vs other SUV -- Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-14, 08:46 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
You guys cannot take your annecdotal evidence and say that Land Rover or other Euro cars are reliable or unreliable. We can only rely on what certain studies show since they look at a much larger sample. Sure there are great Euro cars that you have had with zero issues just like there are Lexus' that turn out to be POS. It is just the chances of getting one of these are greater or lesser with each. The facts are what they are.
Actually I can say what I want to say based on my own experience. I will also say that I never proclaimed Euro cars to be more/less reliable than others. However, MY EXPERIENCE with Euro cars has shown them to be just as reliable as other Japanese cars that I've owned. I get annoyed with blanket statements such as "If you buy XYZ car you will have nothing but problems" or "If you buy XYZ car you will never have a problem".

There are too many nice and fun to drive vehicles out there to have brand loyalty!

Last edited by GX4704ME; 03-19-14 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-19-14, 10:24 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4704ME
Actually I can say what I want to say based on my own experience. I will also say that I never proclaimed Euro cars to be more/less reliable than others. However, MY EXPERIENCE with Euro cars has shown them to be just as reliable as other Japanese cars that I've owned. I get annoyed with blanket statements such as "If you buy XYZ car you will have nothing but problems" or "If you buy XYZ car you will never have a problem".

There are too many nice and fun to drive vehicles out there to have brand loyalty!
You can say what you want to say but it doesn't mean a whole lot. So if you look at your experience and that of Yakims experience a few posts earlier, what is someone supposed to take away from that? One person's experience has been great, the other has been bad. Either way both are opinions is all I am saying and it would be better served looking at a bigger sample size like JD Power or Consumer Reports to form a conclusion on reliability. The only issue with these studies is that they are often not based on the most recent models.
Old 03-19-14, 10:46 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
You can say what you want to say but it doesn't mean a whole lot. So if you look at your experience and that of Yakims experience a few posts earlier, what is someone supposed to take away from that? One person's experience has been great, the other has been bad. Either way both are opinions is all I am saying and it would be better served looking at a bigger sample size like JD Power or Consumer Reports to form a conclusion on reliability. The only issue with these studies is that they are often not based on the most recent models.
My experience may not mean alot but your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. If you re-read what I posted, we're basically saying the same thing so exactly what don't you get? Here's the difference, my post was not based on an opinion as you assert but instead FACT of ownership. I NEVER said my experience with Euro cars mean ALL Euro CARS ARE RELIABLE. Instead, I said the Euro cars I've owned have been very reliable. In the same token, I am on my 3rd Lexus and never had a problem with the first two and don't expect a problem with my 14 GX. However, you will NEVER hear me say 'Buy a Lexus because they are all trouble free'. I refrain from making blanket statements.

Last edited by GX4704ME; 03-19-14 at 10:56 AM.