GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX-- Waiting List??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-14, 01:25 PM
Brooks2IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 GX-- Waiting List??

Today I took my IS250 to the dealer (Butler Lexus, Macon, GA) and I was hoping to check out the refreshed GX as a possible replacement for my Tahoe, but the dealer claimed that there was a THREE MONTH waiting list! I couldn't believe it. Is Lexus not building many GXs? Are they in high demand? Or is this just a problem in the Southeast? What's it like at your dealer?
Old 02-22-14, 02:17 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Your market is horrible.

You are in a small market with one dealer. Spread out a bit and you would be surprised what will be available. Atlanta has a large selection of GX's (18).

Go to this Lexus.com link and input your zip.

http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/selec...=true&zipCode=

Then change it to 30303 in Atlanta.

Randy B
Old 02-22-14, 03:55 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The new dealership in Calgary has 13 brand new ones sitting on the lot!
Old 02-22-14, 04:12 PM
Brooks2IS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll have to check Atlanta dealers...
Old 02-22-14, 04:25 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy B
You are in a small market with one dealer. Spread out a bit and you would be surprised what will be available. Atlanta has a large selection of GX's (18).

Go to this Lexus.com link and input your zip.

http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/selec...=true&zipCode=

Then change it to 30303 in Atlanta.

Randy B
Randy I think you are assuming that whatever shows up in the zip code query is what is sitting on the dealer's lot. I can say from experience as recently as last week, this is not the case. My zip code shows 92 GX 460s but there's only 1 base GX on the lot. They have 6 incoming that are already sold.

Last edited by GX4704ME; 02-22-14 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-22-14, 04:54 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

My Lexus SA just dropped off my vehicle.....He picked it up this morning to have the 3M application and window tint installed. I asked for his opinion on the "wait" of a 14 GX. He said as long as the customer is flexible on exterior/interior color he can realistically source one in 3-4 weeks. So yes the demand is high BUT three months is excessive.

Last edited by GX4704ME; 02-22-14 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-22-14, 07:20 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have learned that the Lexus site sucks for a real time inventory. When I was looking for my GS my local dealer showed 4 cars with specs that I wanted, drive there and all were sold. Same issue around the state, I ended up finding 1 on Long Island which was well over an hour from me. Don't believe everything you read in the internet, LOL.
Old 02-22-14, 07:26 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

The ploy is to get you in the dealership. :-)
Old 02-22-14, 11:22 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i emailed a dealer back in september on what i would over invoice - same as my 2010 and he told me to come in. If they were desperate to sell it, i wouldve got a 2nd email asking where the heck i was. no such email. I believe still in high demand. i see true car value shows people paying 2000 over invoice. not a good deal at all
Old 02-23-14, 07:29 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Originally Posted by GX4704ME
Randy I think you are assuming that whatever shows up in the zip code query is what is sitting on the dealer's lot. I can say from experience as recently as last week, this is not the case. My zip code shows 92 GX 460s but there's only 1 base GX on the lot. They have 6 incoming that are already sold.
The inventory shown online via the link I provided is what is delivered to the region of the zip code input. Not what is on a particular dealer's lot. The assumption is made by many that it is what is available on a particular lot, yet that is not what the website states. If you look at the top left corner after choosing a model, the region is stated. South Florida, Atlanta, Macon, in my case Orlando and Melbourne as one market.

The inventory shown is what is allocated and has been built with a VIN assigned. I watched mine appear when the VIN was assigned. It was still six weeks away from arrival. At approximately three weeks from arrival it disappeared as the GX was assigned to the Dealer and a Buyer.

Some dealers will not assign it to a buyer (Deposit in hand) as it removes inventory and the possible lure of someone coming on the lot thinking it is available. Either way it is a tool that shows what region has a large amount of inventory and what regions have a lesser inventory.

The OP is in Macon, GA. One dealer and a small market. Atlanta has several dealers and a larger inventory. That was the point.

Randy B

Last edited by Randy B; 02-23-14 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-23-14, 07:32 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Okay I gotcha.....point well made!
Old 02-23-14, 12:37 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I was at my dealer yesterday and they told me, they have people on a waiting list for April delivery. They delivered a black premium model while I was there with a friend picking up his LS 460. They only had one white base model available.
Old 02-24-14, 03:39 AM
Brooks2IS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input Randy. I'm familiar with ATL dealers (my IS came from Lexus of South Atlanta, 06 GX came from Hennessy in Gwinnett). I was just unaware of the site you provided and foolishly went off my dealer's word.
Old 02-24-14, 04:50 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Default It's tough in a small market.

Originally Posted by Brooks2IS
Thanks for the input Randy. I'm familiar with ATL dealers (my IS came from Lexus of South Atlanta, 06 GX came from Hennessy in Gwinnett). I was just unaware of the site you provided and foolishly went off my dealer's word.
My market is small even though it consists of two dealers over 80 miles apart. That's why I always shop South Florida when I am looking for a new Acura or Lexus. I have bought three Acura's from Miami at a savings of over $1000 each because the two Orlando area dealers felt they owned the market. My Lexus LS was bought through JM Lexus in Fort Lauderdale because the Orlando dealer would not budge and I saved over $3500. And now the GX was purchased through Melbourne because again Orlando, would not budge on an order and and Melbourne wanted the business and beat my quoted deal from Fort Lauderdale. Right now I aim to give Melbourne as much business as I can. They have bent over backwards for us and another couple. Additionally they were number one in Customer Service for Lexus Corporate wide last year.. They even bring a flat bed for service to my work and drop a loaner at no cost to me. That means no miles on my ride and I don't have to visit the dealership. That's for oil changes as well as repairs.

If you were not so far North, I'd give you the sales guy's name and number over there. I'd bet he would work one heck of a deal and not have an issue with inventory. Unless you are looking for the driver's support package like I was. Then you are out of luck and will have to order. No dealer under SET (Southeast Toyota), will order that package for the lot on a speculative basis. Not even JM in Fort Lauderdale, and they are the largest game in the southeast.

Randy B
Old 02-24-14, 05:23 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Randy how do you like the Driver Support Package?

Quick Reply: 2014 GX-- Waiting List??