GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models
View Poll Results: Does your GX460 Lean?
Yes: Low on the passenger side
57.38%
Yes: Low on the driver side
10.38%
No, I've measured on a flat grade and it's even
32.24%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

KDSS Lean

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-14, 11:22 AM
tgergen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation KDSS Lean

Sheez...

Bought a new '14 GX a few weeks ago. I noticed the rear is not level. The RR is 1" lower than the LR. This is true with the vehicle running (air suspension charged) or off. WTF? When standing behind the vehicle, it is very noticeable.

I guess I will have it adjusted during my first service.....I am pretty disappointed this made it past QA/QC.

Anybody else have this issue?
Old 01-08-14, 01:39 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tgergen
Sheez...

Bought a new '14 GX a few weeks ago. I noticed the rear is not level. The RR is 1" lower than the LR. This is true with the vehicle running (air suspension charged) or off. WTF? When standing behind the vehicle, it is very noticeable.

I guess I will have it adjusted during my first service.....I am pretty disappointed this made it past QA/QC.

Anybody else have this issue?
No, mine is level...
Old 01-08-14, 01:54 PM
seiclan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has happened on occasion with my '06 GX AVS. I had to raise and lower the heights a few times (AVS switch) then it would level out evenly.
Old 01-08-14, 06:55 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Do a search, there are many like that mine included. From what I understand this is not an issue that can be adjusted.

My 2008 GX470 never had this issue.
Old 03-15-14, 10:29 AM
teee1
Driver School Candidate

Default Rear not level on 2014 gx

We have the same issue with our new 2014 gx. We noticed it and took it in to dealership near where we live. They checked it and said that it was "within specs". We were dissatisfied with that response and it is currently at dealership where we purchased it. Waiting to hear their response.
Old 03-15-14, 11:03 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

The truck is supposed to level itself so that the rear bumper is level. Have you checked with a spirit level? My driveway has a slight slope away from the house. When I park the truck on the driveway it is not level with the ground. The bumper though is level.
Old 03-15-14, 11:18 AM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It's normal and not a big deal. It's typical solid rear axle business, tomorrow the other side will seem higher. Trust me, it's fine and it will even out in time. This is a truck.
The following users liked this post:
tkaye (07-05-22)
Old 03-15-14, 11:59 AM
tgergen
Rookie

Mine goes in next week for it's 5K service. I have asked them to correct the rear level. I measured and the RR is 1" lower than the LR. I have crawled under and have seen where the level sensors are, and figured out how to adjust them. However, being under warranty and my 5K service coming up, I figured I would let them handle it. Being as Lexus is very customer service oriented, I am hoping my insistence at having this rectified will be enough. I will make it clear that I will be very unsatisfied if it is not adjusted. Hopefully that will be enough for them to adjust it.....I will report my results.
mbdtex (10-16-23)
Old 03-15-14, 04:57 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i had the same issue on my 2010. took it to dealer, and they said its fine. havent noticed anything since. I have the air suspension premium
Old 03-15-14, 07:37 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

I had this problem in my 2RX a few years ago after loading it up heavily with several hundred pounds of cargo, with one side heavier than the other. After unloading, the vehicle looked lob-sided and despite raising and lowering the suspension, the rear was "jammed" in that position. In the end, the compressor was damaged and replaced out-of-pocket as it was my fault and out-of warranty. Prior to that incident, I also noticed a handful of temporary "lob-sidedness" due to irregular road or uneven vehicle weight distribution, but the suspension re-adjusted itself automatically after starting up the car.

It makes total sense to request this fixed at the dealer, but out of curiosity, have you tried adding some weight or a passenger at the rear lower side , then starting the truck? It might trigger the compressor to raise that side to level it to the taller side, and possibly eventually level off back down or whatever the normal height is.
Old 03-15-14, 08:52 PM
teee1
Driver School Candidate

Feel like it is not "normal" for a brand new vehicle to be tilted to the right. It is off enough (1 1/2") that it is visually noticeable. We had friends who were driving behind us phone us to let us know our car was "leaning to the right". Unacceptable and quite disappointing.
mbdtex (10-16-23)
Old 03-16-14, 06:28 AM
emaratee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I learned from owning SUVs with air-suspension (Lexus, Range rovers) ..

unless the car is leaning dramatically to one corner/side .. then just leave it, as most probably the car will correct its level after a while. Trying to measure differences inch by inch is basically is over reacting.

To verify issues related to uneven leveling on Range Rovers, the dealers used to bring the car to full height, disconnect the valve block and leave it over-night on a leveled surface to measure any discrepancy on each corner height.
Old 03-24-14, 06:05 PM
igorskiy
Driver School Candidate

I've got 2012 GX460...same issue...first I thought it is a result of my off road driving, but the dealer says it's normal...the car levels out itself while driving...my 20k service is due in a few miles, they will have it checked anyways...a little dissapointing the way it looks from behind...
Old 04-13-14, 11:29 AM
igorskiy
Driver School Candidate

I've done my 20k service at dealership...they've checked the rear suspension...everything within specs...and still disapointing...anybody ever had it adjusted?
Old 04-22-14, 10:24 AM
GRAYM
Driver

Default forever an issue

I hate to tell you but this issue dates back to the original truck in 2003. I have one of the first ones, single owner with 214K miles on it. Mine also looks like this but it is not a problem, truck does level itself out when driven. Remember it is a truck and in inherent in the axle system they use.

Quick Reply: KDSS Lean