GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models
View Poll Results: Does your GX460 Lean?
Yes: Low on the passenger side
57.38%
Yes: Low on the driver side
10.38%
No, I've measured on a flat grade and it's even
32.24%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

KDSS Lean

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-15, 01:34 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

May 2014 build and thankfully no lean.
Old 05-15-15, 08:17 AM
blessmetwo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry GX460 leaning: Lemon Law Case inititiated

We have filed a Lemon Law complaint (Texas Dept of Motor Vehicles Cause No. 15-0124 CAF, Case Number: 15-0124 CAF/WID# 823925), specifically concerning this defect. We are going to an Examiners Hearing on May 20, 2015 in Victoria, Texas. The Texas State Depart of Motor Vehicles is bring this to court on behalf of us. We are asked that Lexus repurchases this vehicle. We feel Lexus should take responsibility for putting this defective vehicle on the market. Further, we content it remains defective despite Lexus' claim of bringing it up to 'spec' or within 'tolerance'. It is not to a level of acceptance to us. This does not help when you sit in the vehicle. We feel if this leaning results an accident whereas it is found that 'similar issues' contributed to this accident directly or indirectly, the responsibility lies with Lexus. Lexis has been in denial and though the dealership acknowledges there's a problem, they promise everything but produce nothing. The GX460 was with them for 97 days and they were not able to adequately level.
Old 05-15-15, 11:21 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

2015 Premium with ~ 7000 miles

Passenger is LOWER than Driver, I haven't measured it but it is very noticeable....Also, the vehicle PULLS to the right...What the hell, Lexus...This is my 4th and 8th in the family.....and it may be the LAST..
Old 05-15-15, 07:17 PM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

mine is about a 1/2" with a full tank, about 1" without.. i wonder if this is why i can't get my alignment fixed. i have had it aligned about 4 times and it drifts right very bad. that is the side the lean is too. I'm still engaging with Lexus as i am out of my warranty period.
Old 06-01-15, 03:35 PM
leaningGX
Driver School Candidate

Default 2011 GX 460 leaning

Originally Posted by edikam
I have a TSB that shows it is about models GX460 for 2010-2014. Tell you service advisor to look for it in their database.

My car was there for two weeks. If you want, I can post this TSB here. Let me know.
I would appreciate someone sending the TSB. My dealer tells me they won't share the information. I've asked them how much to do the repair and they don't want to do it because they claim it might not fix it.

I'm furious. Bought this certified vehicle (my 3rd lexus) and in less than 6 months, it is leaning just over a half inch to the right front and back. They tell me that the spec says that only a lean over .79 inches would qualify for the repair and that just gets it back within spec. This is a mess for Lexus.
Learned my lesson, read the forums before you buy. Such a nice vehicle otherwise.
Old 06-17-15, 10:24 AM
drcwks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by looknow12
Trying to gauge how many people have a leaning GX460. Typically the lean is 1" lower on the passenger side.

Please also post your year and vehicle option package
I got my GX460 in March 2014. I never noticed and am sure it wasn't leaning like it is now. I was in another car behind my GX460 and I thought I had a flat on my Left Right/Passenger rear..... That's how noticeable it was.... NO flat...so I measure the distance from flat garage floor @ center line of tire to fender and both front and rear passenger side were 1 inch lower than their corresponding driver's side. I called my local Lexus dealer and told him what I had read online and I said it was a KNOWN issue...do you have the parts to fix it and he said YES...so I bring it in next week...I'll let you guys know how it goes...ODD that this would happen a year later.... I originally suspected the self leveling mechanisms..... it is the Luxury model.
Old 06-17-15, 06:12 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by drcwks
I got my GX460 in March 2014. I never noticed and am sure it wasn't leaning like it is now. I was in another car behind my GX460 and I thought I had a flat on my Left Right/Passenger rear..... That's how noticeable it was.... NO flat...so I measure the distance from flat garage floor @ center line of tire to fender and both front and rear passenger side were 1 inch lower than their corresponding driver's side. I called my local Lexus dealer and told him what I had read online and I said it was a KNOWN issue...do you have the parts to fix it and he said YES...so I bring it in next week...I'll let you guys know how it goes...ODD that this would happen a year later.... I originally suspected the self leveling mechanisms..... it is the Luxury model.
Good luck with that, because I had my replaced with new redesign spring, it help a little but still lean
Old 06-30-15, 10:30 AM
chidoks
Pole Position

Is this still an issue? I am really considering the '15 GX for my wife to cart around our newborn but this does not look safe at all... I don't think anyone should be dealing with this on a $70k truck.. Definitely having second thoughts about the GX now

Originally Posted by leaningGX
I would appreciate someone sending the TSB. My dealer tells me they won't share the information. I've asked them how much to do the repair and they don't want to do it because they claim it might not fix it.

I'm furious. Bought this certified vehicle (my 3rd lexus) and in less than 6 months, it is leaning just over a half inch to the right front and back. They tell me that the spec says that only a lean over .79 inches would qualify for the repair and that just gets it back within spec. This is a mess for Lexus.
Learned my lesson, read the forums before you buy. Such a nice vehicle otherwise.
Old 07-01-15, 05:59 PM
nutella
Driver School Candidate

I would also like to know if this is still an issue on the 2015s?
Old 07-02-15, 11:34 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by nutella
I would also like to know if this is still an issue on the 2015s?
I have an early built 2015 Premium and I have the LEAN problem (9000 miles now). Scheduled to have it looked at next week and report back.
Old 07-02-15, 12:07 PM
nutella
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I have an early built 2015 Premium and I have the LEAN problem (9000 miles now). Scheduled to have it looked at next week and report back.
Well, that sucks... crazy that Lexus haven't been able to deal with this issue for so long.
Old 07-06-15, 10:41 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nutella
Well, that sucks... crazy that Lexus haven't been able to deal with this issue for so long.
I have 2015 Premium (December built) 9000 plus miles on now without any issue
Old 07-07-15, 11:45 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by sfuad
I have 2015 Premium (December built) 9000 plus miles on now without any issue
Can you measure the REAR mudguards (lowest point to ground) and tell us if they are the same? I could not find the time to bring mine in for service.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-15, 12:13 PM
boyettexan
Driver School Candidate

hi all GX460 lovers?? just teasing you all Im a new member here the name is boyette from Texas houston ( houston we have a problem my 2014 is leaning to the right)

we just bought a GX460 L/CPO June 26 and brought it back next day for same reason all of you have, they called us monday July 6th that they have replaced FR spring to fix issue, shook my hand said they fixed the problem, before getting into the vehicle tried to measure front right still an inch lower and they said take a loaner car and they will call us if problems resolved.
Old 07-07-15, 10:29 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by boyettexan
hi all GX460 lovers?? just teasing you all Im a new member here the name is boyette from Texas houston ( houston we have a problem my 2014 is leaning to the right)

we just bought a GX460 L/CPO June 26 and brought it back next day for same reason all of you have, they called us monday July 6th that they have replaced FR spring to fix issue, shook my hand said they fixed the problem, before getting into the vehicle tried to measure front right still an inch lower and they said take a loaner car and they will call us if problems resolved.
I got my 14" luxury font right spring replaced "they said it the new redesign one, but it's still lean" I have an appointment tomorrow for them to check on that again, it suck for the $65k truck have that problem.

Quick Reply: KDSS Lean