GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Canvasback Cargo Liner

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-13, 10:09 AM
Flyinbrick
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Canvasback Cargo Liner

Hey guys, I thought I'd post this up, since after searching through all the threads, I didn't see any conversation about it.

After looking at the various options for protecting the cargo area, WeatherTech, Husky, Lexus, it didn't seem that any of those options were really convenient. Weathertech & Husky are both trays, that if you needed to use the 3rd row, would essentially have to be removed from the vehicle.

Lexus with the two piece still was not nice as you had to still roll up the 2nd piece and stow it away.

None of these really even gave you the ability to protect some of the cargo area with seats half folded, e.g. 2nd right seat + 3rd right seat folded so you could carry longer items with the carpet being protected.

So I came across this: http://stores.canvasback.com/-strse-...014/Detail.bok

I saw a similar design used in my cousin's '08 MDX that's offered by Acura and was looking for something similar for the GX. While it doesn't adequately protected against spills and so forth, I thought it was nice that it at minimum covered the carpet from becoming soiled.

I just put my order in, so I hope to give you guys a full on review when I get it. Hopefully someone can use this as a reference.

By the way, I now have a black set of the Lexus OEM cargo covering area that I don't think I will use, if someone wants to buy it from me (it's pretty much brand new, just took it out of the bag). If someone wants to help me out and buy it from me, I'd appreciate it. (Sewell has it for $78 + shipping, I don't want to pay the shipping fee back and the re-stocking)
Old 01-06-14, 03:25 PM
Flyinbrick
Rookie

Hey all,
I just wanted to follow-up on this post. I got the canvasback liner for the cargo area. It looks great and is convenient. I won't have to worry about taking out the mat when using the 3rd row. Yeah, it doesn't have the lip to protect against spills and stuff, but that's not something I think i'd worry about.

Old 01-06-14, 03:45 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

I never get to see my back seats so I went with a full rubber mat that was intended for a garage lawn mower or golf cart parking mat with a canvas 2nd row to cover the sides. Yes this is a 1 passenger SUV but I can break it down in less than 10 minutes .
Attached Thumbnails Canvasback Cargo Liner-001.jpg   Canvasback Cargo Liner-002.jpg  
Old 01-07-14, 07:12 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

I like the Canvasback product. I never knew this existed and would have bought this over the OEM cargo mat if I knew about it. I get so annoyed when I have to use the third row seat on a whim and have to find a place in the truck to put the cargo mat. This would suit me much better. Sure it doesn't have the raised edges but I personally don't need it since I don't put much of anything in the GX that would spill. Plus it comes in mocha color which may match the sepia interior.
Old 01-08-14, 11:16 AM
tgergen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the post and pics....looks like a good product! I have similar covers in my Nissan Titan (seat covers) and love them.
Old 01-12-14, 06:49 AM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flyinbrick
Hey all,
I just wanted to follow-up on this post. I got the canvasback liner for the cargo area. It looks great and is convenient. I won't have to worry about taking out the mat when using the 3rd row. Yeah, it doesn't have the lip to protect against spills and stuff, but that's not something I think i'd worry about.
FB, did you have to put down any Velcro or did it self attach?
Old 01-12-14, 10:36 AM
Flyinbrick
Rookie

No, I didn't have to do anything extra.
Old 11-26-18, 07:30 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Old thread resurrection

https://www.canvasback.com/index.php...ers-13845.html

I've got their back hatch piece but notice they also sell door and cargo side pieces

https://www.canvasback.com/index.php...oor-cover.html
https://www.canvasback.com/index.php...ces-13911.html
https://www.canvasback.com/index.php...ack-hatch.html

Old 11-28-18, 08:32 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 581 Likes on 352 Posts

just picked up a complete floor set. had them in the 4R loved them.. will be even more functional with the GX 3rd row configuration....
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (11-29-18)
Old 11-28-18, 04:29 PM
cc4sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a set of these on my current GX and also my previous vehicle.

Tip: you can order and request that they use a "small logo" instead of the huge standard ones that they use. Good company, nice folks. My last order include a cut that just a bit off, I called them and they sent a replacement. I am a happy, repeat customer.
Acrad (11-29-18)
Old 12-01-18, 03:50 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Just checking... Are all the other models held up with velcro as well?
Old 12-01-18, 04:58 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 194 Likes on 128 Posts

I forgot to follow up on this. I ordered almost a complete set Monday evening with their cyber Monday sale. I had a few questions/concerns I put in the notes section but they haven’t reached out to me. I’ll try to reach out to them on Monday.

I eneded up purchasing the tailgate cover, side panel covers and cargo and back seat covers. I should have bought these when the vehicle was new. I still have to try heating up the plastic in hopes of repairing the scratches and marks.
Old 02-26-22, 10:49 PM
mikezat
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Cargo area protection including side and door mats

Hi! I could swear I saw a while ago on this website an ad for GX460 cargo area protection including panels/mats for sides, back of rear seats and rear door.

I cannot find it anymore. Looking for a suggestion/recommendation for my new 2022 GX460 please. I am tired of my harbor freights moving blankets.

Infinite thanks in advance!
Old 02-26-22, 11:50 PM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 133 Likes on 70 Posts

Canvasback makes them
The following 3 users liked this post by Siblue:
mikezat (03-01-22), nuclearn8 (02-28-22), SEELEXUS (02-27-22)
Old 03-01-22, 12:55 AM
mikezat
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you, Siblue.

Last edited by mikezat; 03-01-22 at 01:07 AM.
Siblue (03-01-22)

Quick Reply: Canvasback Cargo Liner