GREAT deal!

Koz
Thanks! Not enough for my trade in...
Old 09-12-13, 07:23 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
That's a great deal on a new design.
Thanks, I've purchased 6 or 7 Lexus from them...
Old 09-12-13, 07:36 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
Thanks! Not enough for my trade in...
$500 over invoice is still good though since you could try and sell your current GX for more if you wanted to. The problem in my state is the tax savings if you trade in is sometimes more beneficial than trying to sell it yourself. In your case, your trade in my state is like selling your GX for $2,500 more which you may or may not get in a private party sale.
Old 09-12-13, 07:52 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
$500 over invoice is still good though since you could try and sell your current GX for more if you wanted to. The problem in my state is the tax savings if you trade in is sometimes more beneficial than trying to sell it yourself. In your case, your trade in my state is like selling your GX for $2,500 more which you may or may not get in a private party sale.
thats interesting.
does anyone know if i do a trade in for a new gx, will my tax on the purchase be lower for pennsylvania?
Old 09-12-13, 08:18 AM
Craig B

I get the same tax credit for a private party sale VS dealer trade for the state of Missouri.
Old 09-12-13, 09:56 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
thats interesting.
does anyone know if i do a trade in for a new gx, will my tax on the purchase be lower for pennsylvania?
I don't know about pennsylvania but I thought it's pretty much universal for your trade amount to receive tax benefits otherwise you just end up paying the same tax twice! They do tax benefit in Canada too.
Old 09-12-13, 10:03 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadro
I don't know about pennsylvania but I thought it's pretty much universal for your trade amount to receive tax benefits otherwise you just end up paying the same tax twice! They do tax benefit in Canada too.
I looked it up and it looks like Pennsylvania is the same, you only pay tax on the difference. I am not sure it is universal now or not but I do know that this is the one (and only one since all the other taxes have been added taxes) tax advantage our current governor put in place when he came in so it was not always that way. We used to have to pay the "double" tax and as a result I used to sell all of my cars myself. Now this tax relief gives me an option.
Old 09-12-13, 10:37 AM
T4Fun
Racer

I looked it up and it looks like Pennsylvania is the same, you only pay tax on the difference. I am not sure it is universal now or not but I do know that this is the one (and only one since all the other taxes have been added taxes) tax advantage our current governor put in place when he came in so it was not always that way. We used to have to pay the "double" tax and as a result I used to sell all of my cars myself. Now this tax relief gives me an option.
thanks guys
i found a link for pa law here
https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/...-a-trade-in%3F

ive never traded a car in, so this is my 1st experience with this. might as well trade it in and take less of a hit on the tax

i emailed my dealer and he said they cannot deal until vehicles are here in mid october.
likley they will not have what i want though, so its going to be special ordered anyway.
they almost had to special my 10 gx because there werent that many premis around with what i wanted...

Last edited by T4Fun; 09-12-13 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-12-13, 11:07 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by SecPole14
Well now this is interesting, in the SPECS it says both the Premium and the Luxury have the air suspension....I thought it was only on the Luxury?

Maybe it's a mistake?
thats definitely a typo. the luxury edition with air sits marginally lower than ones without air.
Old 09-12-13, 11:08 AM
T4Fun
Racer

I placed my order last week, it wasn't a special order, they either did a trade with another dealer, or had one coming in the way I wanted it. I ordered the luxury model with Mark Levinson stereo and SS exhaust tip. If they had to place an order, it would have taken 90 days. I should have my vehicle mid to late October. It's the same color I have now, silver/black. I have a VIN # as well. It also has the preferred Accessory Package whatever that is?
what did they value your trade in on the gx you have now?
Old 09-12-13, 11:28 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

My guess is low enough to justify $500 over invoice on the new one ;-)
Old 09-12-13, 11:32 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Koz
GREAT deal!

Koz
You can't say that based on the new vehicle price alone! Suppose they gave him $2000 over invoice but also $1500 more for his trade -- he would be in the same exact situation.
Old 09-12-13, 11:42 AM
Craig B

$41,000.00 14,000 miles 2010 premium with navigation, park assist, Mark Levinson, SS exhaust tip, preferred accessory package, paint protection film and US Wheel Exchange chrome wheels.
My vehicle looks brand new.
Old 09-12-13, 11:48 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

$41,000.00 14,000 miles 2010 premium with navigation, park assist, Mark Levinson, SS exhaust tip, preferred accessory package, paint protection film and US Wheel Exchange chrome wheels.
My vehicle looks brand new.
You must want a 14 REALLY bad!

Koz
Old 09-12-13, 11:49 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Yeah that's below KBB "fair" value!

Quick Reply: 2014 GX now up on lexus.com