iPhone Bluetooth Dropped Calls

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-13, 02:40 PM
rnneville
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy iPhone Bluetooth Dropped Calls

Hi,

My first post. I have a GX460 and have successfully paired my last three iPhones with the car. There is one small glitch that is frustrating. After playing a voice mail through the blue tooth, any call I try and make thereafter is disconnected the first time. The second attempt, it is fine. In other words, Everything works perfectly until after I listen to a voice mail - the next call after immediately thereafter does not connect - it will on the second try. Any ideas? This has been the case for the last 3 phones.

Thanks
Rob
Old 02-20-13, 05:59 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife and I use iPhones (currently 4S and 5) paired to our 2010 GX and have used iPhones since we got it. I'll try what you described to see if the problem is reproducible with our 'Phones and our GX.

Presumably, the problem you described only occurs when your 'Phone is paired with your GX. You are controlling your 'Phone by holding it and using its built-in Phone app (the green handset), right? So, all the GX is doing is acting as a speakerphone to listen to your voicemails.

If you are using the touchscreen on your GX for anything, you will need to be stopped to do anything other than answer incoming calls although you can use your speed dials or contact list. Do you notice any difference between moving or being parked when using your 'Phone while paired to the GX?
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 02-21-13, 01:27 PM
rnneville
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for trying it out. Play a voice mail through the car, and then try and make a call. IT never works.

Rob

Originally Posted by SaniDel
My wife and I use iPhones (currently 4S and 5) paired to our 2010 GX and have used iPhones since we got it. I'll try what you described to see if the problem is reproducible with our 'Phones and our GX.

Presumably, the problem you described only occurs when your 'Phone is paired with your GX. You are controlling your 'Phone by holding it and using its built-in Phone app (the green handset), right? So, all the GX is doing is acting as a speakerphone to listen to your voicemails.

If you are using the touchscreen on your GX for anything, you will need to be stopped to do anything other than answer incoming calls although you can use your speed dials or contact list. Do you notice any difference between moving or being parked when using your 'Phone while paired to the GX?
Regards,

SaniDel