GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

SOS Light Issues/Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-19, 05:22 AM
thom1301
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb SOS Light Issues/Problems

I recently had my truck serviced, including something to do with the software ‘location services’ (also water pump and amplifier). Now the red SOS l stays on and the remote start sets off the alarm. Has anyone experienced this before? Yes, I’ll be taking it back to the dealer, but I’d love not to have to, as there’s enough drama around the holidays already!

thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Old 12-22-19, 07:09 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 581 Likes on 352 Posts

Go back to the dealer
The following users liked this post:
thom1301 (12-22-19)
Old 12-22-19, 11:46 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,332 Posts

I wonder if it was this update?

Safety Connect & SOS button are part of this system

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...gn-anyone.html
Old 12-22-19, 01:00 PM
thom1301
Driver School Candidate

I believe so. So I’m guessing they did something incorrectly or I have some other hardware issue. Most likely the former...

Originally Posted by Acrad
I wonder if it was this update?

Safety Connect & SOS button are part of this system

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...gn-anyone.html
Old 12-26-19, 12:28 PM
thom1301
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nuclearn8
Go back to the dealer
dealer says it’s a B15C4 code. They believe it was caused by water / mud from off roading months before the issue. Believable?
Old 12-26-19, 12:37 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Old 12-26-19, 07:07 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

another lying dealer. They "fixed " the DCM issue and now new issue pops up related to DCM and they blamed mud and moisture from weeks ago. WTF.
Old 12-27-19, 07:49 AM
thom1301
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
another lying dealer. They "fixed " the DCM issue and now new issue pops up related to DCM and they blamed mud and moisture from weeks ago. WTF.
any advice? I’m not sure what path to take
Old 12-27-19, 10:25 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by thom1301
you need to bring the issue up to the service manager and general manager and tell them the error code is caused by DCM malfunction (as Acrad listed) which they just fixed.

Call Lexus Corp if they say otherwise.
Old 12-28-19, 06:11 AM
thom1301
Driver School Candidate

you need to bring the issue up to the service manager and general manager and tell them the error code is caused by DCM malfunction (as Acrad listed) which they just fixed.

thank you. They say now they want to replace the airbag ecu, though they can’t verify that’s the issue, but because there’s some dried dirt on it, which they refer to as “visible damage” 😂. They even mention there may be other parts to replace also if that doesn’t solve it. So they clearly have no idea and are just trying to throw parts at it.

so stubborn of them not to focus tightly on the update they performed. I’ll try to speak with the service director today. This may be my last experience at this dealer.
Old 12-28-19, 06:29 AM
thom1301
Driver School Candidate

they referred to this code as being stored in the computers memory, so no air bag light currently on. I’m hoping they clear it out, but if not, I’d that something tech stream or a regular obd2 code reader can do?

can this code be caused by my removing the seats to clean the carpet? Or some temporary connection issues while the wiring was wet in august?
Old 12-28-19, 07:07 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

TS or something like OBD Fusion/Link should be able to clear the code. Dealer would be using Techstream

How wet was the wiring? Was this caused by a water leak or the cleaning?
Old 12-28-19, 07:47 AM
thom1301
Driver School Candidate

TS or something like OBD Fusion/Link should be able to clear the code. Dealer would be using Techstream

How wet was the wiring? Was this caused by a water leak or the cleaning?
deep water crossing, then cleaning, air bag light came on for few weeks then was turned off with no mention during 30k service a month ago.
Old 12-28-19, 08:57 AM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

dealer says it’s a B15C4 code. They believe it was caused by water / mud from off roading months before the issue. Believable?

thank you. They say now they want to replace the airbag ecu, though they can’t verify that’s the issue, but because there’s some dried dirt on it, which they refer to as “visible damage” 😂. They even mention there may be other parts to replace also if that doesn’t solve it. So they clearly have no idea and are just trying to throw parts at it.

so stubborn of them not to focus tightly on the update they performed. I’ll try to speak with the service director today. This may be my last experience at this dealer.
deep water crossing, then cleaning, air bag light came on for few weeks then was turned off with no mention during 30k service a month ago.
Amazing how the story changes from "came up out of the blue" to "car was flooded"

At this point, there is no way that we can diagnose it here. A flood damaged car (which this is regardless of how it happened) can be tricky to diagnose and issues can rear their ugly heads months or years after an incident.
Old 12-28-19, 10:08 AM
thom1301
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cb1111
Amazing how the story changes from "came up out of the blue" to "car was flooded"

At this point, there is no way that we can diagnose it here. A flood damaged car (which this is regardless of how it happened) can be tricky to diagnose and issues can rear their ugly heads months or years after an incident.

I'm sorry I didn’t mean for it to come across that way. From my POV, the issue with the remote start not working did come up the minute they did their update. Everything worked fine until then. No lights. No issues.

Yes, I drove through water this summer. Should I assume then that remote start issue is tied to the airbag sensor? Versus their update? That’s my question. And I don’t feel it’s an inappropriate one. What I don’t feel is justified is for any/every issue to come from now until the end of time to be tied to water. Feels like an easy scapegoat. But maybe that’s a fact of life now?

Last edited by thom1301; 12-28-19 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: SOS Light Issues/Problems