URGENT !!! Buying advise needed.. Time bound.. Please respond ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-10, 10:09 AM
sudhs
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default URGENT !!! Buying advise needed.. Time bound.. Please respond ASAP

Hello All,
Can you all Lexus GX pros please me if $58,000 (without tax) is a good price for the following vehicle

Year 2010 GX 460 Premium - BRAND NEW (Black ext. + Beige int.)
Navigation + Mark Levinson package
Rear Backup View Camera
Parking Assist Sensors
Preferred Accessory Package - Wheel Locks + Cargo Net + Cargo Mat + Cargo Cover
Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust
Trailer Hitch Receiver + Tow Hitch

I've to put down the check by tomorrow morning and require an expedited response from as many of y'all as possible. Also, if you can please suggest of there are any chronic problems that I should check the vehicle for, before taking the delivery. All your advise and comments are very welcome and appreciated.
Old 09-26-10, 10:31 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sudhs
Hello All,
Can you all Lexus GX pros please me if $58,000 (without tax) is a good price for the following vehicle

Year 2010 GX 460 Premium - BRAND NEW (Black ext. + Beige int.)
Navigation + Mark Levinson package
Rear Backup View Camera
Parking Assist Sensors
Preferred Accessory Package - Wheel Locks + Cargo Net + Cargo Mat + Cargo Cover
Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust
Trailer Hitch Receiver + Tow Hitch

I've to put down the check by tomorrow morning and require an expedited response from as many of y'all as possible. Also, if you can please suggest of there are any chronic problems that I should check the vehicle for, before taking the delivery. All your advise and comments are very welcome and appreciated.
You should be able to get it for invoice or less!

Koz
Old 09-26-10, 10:44 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aren't the 2011 GX out? Can't imagine paying list for a 2010 GX460.
Old 09-26-10, 11:01 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by redrocks
The Stealers will be getting their first 2011s within the next week or two.

koz
Old 09-26-10, 11:21 AM
sudhs
Driver School Candidate

OK.. I was 'bout to quote $57,000 for it tomorrow. Its just the DVD that's missing from this package. The invoice price with all the above listed options comes to 'round $55,519 and I told the dealer that i'd pay $1500 over invoice... That's how I reached $57K as the total. Now don't wanna roll back on my words.. Do you guys think $57K would be a good price then ? Its very difficult to get it for invoice or below invoice... This $58K is already $4500 below MSRP.
Old 09-26-10, 11:26 AM
sudhs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Koz
You should be able to get it for invoice or less!

Koz
Do you really think so ? For invoice or less ? That's kinda eye opener. Haven't heard anybody paying invoice or less for a premium luxury SUV, though 2010 model.
Old 09-26-10, 11:44 AM
sudhs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by redrocks
With list price you mean Invoice Price or MSRP ? The invoice price with all the above mentioned options is $55,519 and MSRP is approx $62,822. What do you suggest should I pay for it ?
Old 09-26-10, 04:54 PM
Koz

Originally Posted by sudhs
Do you really think so ? For invoice or less ? That's kinda eye opener. Haven't heard anybody paying invoice or less for a premium luxury SUV, though 2010 model.
I'm paying $1500 over invoice (NEVER negotiate MSRP) for a 2011 special order (takes 3 months). I was offered any 2010 (which a year old vehicle already) for invoice.

Koz
Old 09-26-10, 07:52 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

1500 over invoice is way too much. I have paid couple hundred over invoice in March. Check pricing at edmunds.com and negotiate with an internet manager or sales manager.
Old 09-27-10, 05:58 AM
Koz

Come to a price you are willing pay. Let's say invoice. Go to the Lexus site and make a list of all the Stealer's email addresses and send a single email to all the Stealers (so they can see all the Stealers listed). In the email tell them what you are looking for, how much you are willing pay (invoice) and make sure you state that you will buy immediately if your price is met. Pick the closest to your location.

What you need to remember is a 2010 has lost a year’s worth of value and should be priced near invoice. Also you may have to settle for a vehicle that is not equipped exactly the way you would want it. I wanted a red truck with the wide-view monitor system so I was willing to pay more and wait approx 3 months. Also it will be a 2011.

Koz
Old 09-27-10, 06:11 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Also remember that Stealers gets 3% back for every vehicle sold, so actually you should be able get the vehicle below invoice right now without any problems since 2011 should hit showrooms any minute.
Old 09-27-10, 12:47 PM
JsGX460
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are getting amazing deals in some of your areas.

In the Pac NW, folks don't get a GX for invoice. That's, for sure.

We ended up at about 2k over invoice on our 2010 -- but we also bought into a couple profit packages -- lojack and the interior/exterior protection. We were, however, treated very equitably on our trade in.

Many peple pay full MSRP... it really depends on your region and the demand vs supply.

Obviously we could have gone the distance to get at/or below invoice - but who knows where we would have been on a trade in, shipping prices, or the fact that we have a VERY good relationship with our dealer. It's the only one I have ever used that I actually trust. They aren't perfect, but they've always made things right.

In my opinion, 1500 over invoice is a very good deal - particularly if there is a relationship with your dealer to be had.

I know when I need a loaner, I can take the LX or GX -- I won't get pushed into an HS250 or the family truckster - the ES loaner fleet just because they can.
Old 09-27-10, 01:37 PM
sudhs
Driver School Candidate

So true.. I totally agree with JsGX460. I don't know where r people getting so low price. Buying 2010 year model at invoice r below invoice ?? Never heard of that.. I was amazed myself. Either somebody may be knowing the dealer for a long time OR the car needs to be sitting on the lot for a realy long time. The price of these GXs seem to be totally based on the demand/supply. Here's what I finally got today morning.

Final price - $58,000 + Tax

GX 460 Premium 2011
Nav.+Mark Levinson Pkg
Intuitive Parking Assist
Pref. accessory package - Wheel lock+cargo cover etc
Remote start
Roof Cross Bar
Chrome Exhaust Tip
Ext. Col. - White Pearl, Int. Col.- Beige/Ecru

How does that sound ? Is it a good deal ?
Old 09-27-10, 02:14 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All that matters, is that you are happy with what you paid.
Old 09-27-10, 02:26 PM
sudhs
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to all who responded and presented their comments, views and suggestions. I'm happy with the price i got in this area. Haven't heard of anbody getting a better deal atleast in this area. I know the tristate DC and NY/NJ areas having more dealers can get a better competitive pricing but then those guys pay more sales tax. They'll suck up your money some way or the other.

Overall a good buying and nagotiation experience. I know I could've settled for maybe $500 less had I negotiated a bit more or maybe gotten a hitch package too, but that's OK. If you look my initial deal had a hitch but my current doesn't. But my initial did not have a remote start and my current does. Yeah, remote start is cheaper then a hitch, but to make the 2 ends meet, I agreed upon the final price and called the shots.

Last edited by sudhs; 09-27-10 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: URGENT !!! Buying advise needed.. Time bound.. Please respond ASAP