GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Wish list for GX 460. What would you add to the GX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-10, 02:28 PM
jaleels
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wish list for GX 460. What would you add to the GX?

We all are very excited about our GX 460 but many still feel that Lexus fell short on many areas. I know that I have a wish list of what I would like to have seen on the new GX. I wanted to see what many of you thought.

To begin with, many of the features available in Canada and other areas should be part of the GX options in the U.S. We should have 4 cameras, multi-territain select/monitor, and the cold box. Illuminated running boards.

Obvious features that Lexus should have included:
Power rear door that folds up
Height control (like the LX)
More wider and longer automobile (the 2nd row is a bit narrow and the 3rd row could use more leg room)
Hybrid version would be nice
Sport version (GX-F) with the IS-F engine and Brembo brakes would be nice
A plasma cluster like the HF that filters the air even more
Better interior materils (plastic scratches to easy, the headliner is too soft)
A rear power glass that rolls down like the old Pathfinder.
Heads Up Diaplay (not a must but I can do with out)

I looked at many other luxury S.U.V. and Lexus did a good job. But to live up the the motto of, "The relentless pursuit of perfection" they need to stop being obviously cheap with some features. Overall the GX is best in it's class and they did a great job.

Please let me know what you would add to the wish list.

Last edited by jaleels; 05-04-10 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-04-10, 04:32 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

8 speed transmission, auto folding mirrors, better fuel mileage, better brakes, more cargo storage area, all weather mats, come on what's taking so long? I do have lighted running boards on my premium. Outside temp displayed all the time. Better handling. Larger wheels...
Old 05-04-10, 05:01 PM
dgsvt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
8 speed transmission, auto folding mirrors, better fuel mileage, better brakes, more cargo storage area, all weather mats, come on what's taking so long? I do have lighted running boards on my premium. Outside temp displayed all the time. Better handling. Larger wheels...
All that and a power liftgate, 5.7 motor option...
Old 05-04-10, 05:05 PM
Balooo2
Driver School Candidate

Default Has anyone heard anything about the JX program recently?

I would like to see all of the wish list items mentioned as well.

I like my GX but I truly believe Lexus is still developing a 7 passenger crossover that will probably have all the goodies we desire without the off road capabilty of the GX my guess is a 2012 rollout.
Lexus never intended to sell many GX 460's they know the US market demands something similiar to the 2011 VW Touareg.
In many respects the GM Lamda platform is the one to beat in our market if you want to move 7 passenger vehicles.
The good thing is the GX should retain its value as it becomes more of a rare specialty vehicle long term.

As long as we are wishing if Lexus had built a seven passenger crossover I probably would have brought one as I go off road rarely and would prefer a more nimble vehicle and even smoother ride...until they build it I'll keep my GX460.
A little off topic... but not really.
Old 05-04-10, 05:11 PM
dgsvt
Driver

I would love to see a JX460.
Old 05-04-10, 05:17 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty happy with my GX; I'm not expecting anything more from the current version, other than automatic folding mirrors, and the time and outside temperature displayed on the instrument panel, rather than on the center display screen.
Old 05-04-10, 08:27 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jaleels
We all are very excited about our GX 460 but many still feel that Lexus fell short on many areas. I know that I have a wish list of what I would like to have seen on the new GX. I wanted to see what many of you thought.

To begin with, many of the features available in Canada and other areas should be part of the GX options in the U.S. We should have 4 cameras, multi-territain select/monitor, and the cold box. Illuminated running boards.

Obvious features that Lexus should have included:
Power rear door that folds up
Height control (like the LX)
More wider and longer automobile (the 2nd row is a bit narrow and the 3rd row could use more leg room)
Hybrid version would be nice
Sport version (GX-F) with the IS-F engine and Brembo brakes would be nice
A plasma cluster like the HF that filters the air even more
Better interior materils (plastic scratches to easy, the headliner is too soft)
A rear power glass that rolls down like the old Pathfinder.
Heads Up Diaplay (not a must but I can do with out)

I looked at many other luxury S.U.V. and Lexus did a good job. But to live up the the motto of, "The relentless pursuit of perfection" they need to stop being obviously cheap with some features. Overall the GX is best in it's class and they did a great job.

Please let me know what you would add to the wish list.
I think it will be better to change the topic to "Who want a LX with GX price"
Old 05-06-10, 08:50 AM
kelv2888
Driver

cooled seats instead of ventilated and rocket launcher for sunday drivers who cut you off on fast lane then go 20 below speed limit
Old 05-06-10, 02:02 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kelv2888
cooled seats instead of ventilated
So you would like the seats to cool as if there were ice packs in them, instead of a fan blowing? I accidentally turned the ventilation system to cool on my seat, and my bum was numb after 10 minutes, so it is quite cold already.
Old 05-10-10, 09:10 AM
pierpark
Driver School Candidate

Default Roof Rack that can carry/support luggage rack

I have an 05 GX and am looking to trade in. I have 2 large dogs and kids and need additional storage capacity for long trips, as we roll together. The new roof rails are solid and do not allow for a luggage bag or carry case to be installed and neither I nor my dealer have found work around (if anyone has one PLEASE let me know). This is a SERIOUS omission...at least offer an option! I like the LX BUT, you can not remove the third row seats so it is also a deal breaker for storage because my guys need more room than the fold up can accommodate. Other than that, I am pleased with the upgrades.
Old 05-10-10, 10:59 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pierpark
I have an 05 GX and am looking to trade in. I have 2 large dogs and kids and need additional storage capacity for long trips, as we roll together. The new roof rails are solid and do not allow for a luggage bag or carry case to be installed and neither I nor my dealer have found work around (if anyone has one PLEASE let me know). This is a SERIOUS omission...at least offer an option! I like the LX BUT, you can not remove the third row seats so it is also a deal breaker for storage because my guys need more room than the fold up can accommodate. Other than that, I am pleased with the upgrades.
If you get the optional cross bars, then you should be able to attach your luggage bag or carry case.
Old 05-10-10, 07:02 PM
xswl0931
Driver School Candidate

Get a previous gen LX and you can remove the third row.
Old 05-11-10, 06:24 PM
pierpark
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks!

I was at the dealer yesterday trying to figure out which route to go and to start the tedious negotiation process. I was told that the crossbars do not fit?? I am going to call the lexus cs number they gave me because I should think they actually have them to fit and no one in my smaller market has asked or cared. Seriously this is not rocket science and you would think that I am looking to install a jet powered engine on the roof.

As for the older generation LX, I thought about it but really like all of the other fine tuning they made in the new one, except for those damn seats! I like the GX power fold seats, but would settle if I could take them out like I have done in my existing. I guess I am just asking for too darn much!

Anyway, thanks and I am hopeful that optional luggage crossbars were even mentioned in this thread!
Old 05-11-10, 07:11 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What about getting one of those hitch mounted luggage racks that attach to the tow hitch? I forms a shelf essentially and you can put several suitcases on it. We did that on a ski trip in my 4runner.
Old 05-12-10, 05:06 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at the dealer yesterday trying to figure out which route to go and to start the tedious negotiation process. I was told that the crossbars do not fit??
The crossbars definitely fit. I have them on my GX.

It's a port installed option.

I guess your dealer did not order any with the crossbars, so he would prefer you take a GX without them.

If you can't get them through your dealer, you may be able to order them through Sewell.
Attached Thumbnails Wish list for GX 460. What would you add to the GX?-gx-cb1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wish list for GX 460. What would you add to the GX?