GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-10, 08:41 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio98
Luke,

Can you post a pic with the 5K parking lights?
Will take a picture when I get the truck back. The dealer wanted to keep it overnight as they didn't have a chance to work on it today.
Old 04-22-10, 06:39 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Will take a picture when I get the truck back. The dealer wanted to keep it overnight as they didn't have a chance to work on it today.
You doing your recall already @@?
Old 04-22-10, 06:44 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Originally Posted by ybing
You doing your recall already @@?
I will do the recall next week. I am doing the 1000 miles free check and as well couple fit and finish items. Want to make sure those are taken care of before I install Valentine 1 this weekend. I don't want to be blame that I did it when installing the RD. The replacement part will arrive around lunch tomorrow so should have my car back tomorrow. Will take a picture and post tomorrow night. Also wanted for lexus to check my vibrating hood at higher speeds and bumps. They compared to other new truck and had the same effect. So Lexus consider this as no problem, but they have reported my concern back to HQ.

Over the weekend will post DIY for radar detector for conceled display install and also I am installing chrome side moldings. Weather will not be the best, so perfect timing for doing things in the car.

Last edited by Luke27617; 04-22-10 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-23-10, 05:12 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Luke,

Can you post a pic with the 5K parking lights?
Here it is the pictures of parking lights with 5k bulbs against HID lights. HID are brand new so they look more yellowish (will get whiter within first 100hrs of use). Also parking lights came out a little whiter than actually those are, but gives you an idea. Pakring lights give a nice warm white color which matches very closely the HIDs.
Attached Thumbnails Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_3516.jpg  
Old 04-23-10, 07:34 PM
ybing
Intermediate

I will do the recall next week. I am doing the 1000 miles free check and as well couple fit and finish items. Want to make sure those are taken care of before I install Valentine 1 this weekend. I don't want to be blame that I did it when installing the RD. The replacement part will arrive around lunch tomorrow so should have my car back tomorrow. Will take a picture and post tomorrow night. Also wanted for lexus to check my vibrating hood at higher speeds and bumps. They compared to other new truck and had the same effect. So Lexus consider this as no problem, but they have reported my concern back to HQ.

Over the weekend will post DIY for radar detector for conceled display install and also I am installing chrome side moldings. Weather will not be the best, so perfect timing for doing things in the car.
I already have 3000 miles on my car, and I'm going to Cali tomorrow, another 500+ LOL, the 1K check up is kind of waste of time, I work at the dealership before and I know that They stop doing 1K service if you buy your car after March
Old 04-23-10, 07:36 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Here it is the pictures of parking lights with 5k bulbs against HID lights. HID are brand new so they look more yellowish (will get whiter within first 100hrs of use). Also parking lights came out a little whiter than actually those are, but gives you an idea. Pakring lights give a nice warm white color which matches very closely the HIDs.
I just wondering, the v-LED is 27mm long, how much clearance left from the edge? The pucto one is 35mm long, I not sure will it fit or not, for the running board, door panel, and rear parking light. I think the front parking light will work...
Old 04-23-10, 07:49 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

I just wondering, the v-LED is 27mm long, how much clearance left from the edge? The pucto one is 35mm long, I not sure will it fit or not, for the running board, door panel, and rear parking light. I think the front parking light will work...
Took a closer look today. Dome lights should support the Putco 360 without any problems. Also the flat board type should work as well. Since the support is limited, I would go with the 360. Parking lights and puddle lights may not work as the clearance seems to be limited. Doors may work, but it would require removing a clip. I may do some testing soon. Will post pictures and review.
Old 04-23-10, 08:23 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the single bulb Putco 194 LED's for my running board lights and they fit with no problems.

My interior bulbs are v-LEDs.
Old 04-23-10, 08:27 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

I used the single bulb Putco 194 LED's for my running board lights and they fit with no problems.

My interior bulbs are v-LEDs.
What are your impressions of v-leds vs. Putco? Color, quality,etc.. Can you post a picture?
Old 04-23-10, 08:29 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, that's what I need. Thanks!
Old 04-23-10, 10:47 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Took a closer look today. Dome lights should support the Putco 360 without any problems. Also the flat board type should work as well. Since the support is limited, I would go with the 360. Parking lights and puddle lights may not work as the clearance seems to be limited. Doors may work, but it would require removing a clip. I may do some testing soon. Will post pictures and review.
So the front parking light don't have too much room?
Old 04-24-10, 07:10 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

So the front parking light don't have too much room?
It seems like it as I always fighted to put the bulb there. you can see through the lens when on like is or almost is touching the wall (it goes in at an angle)
Old 04-24-10, 11:19 AM
ybing
Intermediate

It seems like it as I always fighted to put the bulb there. you can see through the lens when on like is or almost is touching the wall (it goes in at an angle)
Maybe i should just get the normal one for that, the rear one should have more space right?
Old 04-24-10, 12:24 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Maybe i should just get the normal one for that, the rear one should have more space right?
I didn't bother with the one in the rear since it doesn't do much. I have replaced the parking lights as they give this ugly yellow collor forward. For the parking for sure I would go with the 5k v-leds when those come back in stock.
Old 04-24-10, 05:32 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Default Light in inside door handles

While installing my Valentine1 with conceled remote, I have noticed that inside the car, door handles have a light . I want to replace the bulbs there as well with LEDs. I am sure it is simple, but doesn't anyone know how to open the door handle? Don't want unnecesarily put scratches trying to figure out how to open.

Quick Reply: Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!