GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-10, 01:16 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow, Just read through the thread and I'm liking the new GX, my parents want to get rid of one of their cars and are browsing through Lexus... not a bad choice imo... nice cars guys!
Old 03-27-10, 06:41 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
I want to get a Jet ski badly... but its expensive...
Look for a used one. I bought couple month ago a nice 3 years old Yamaha 1100FX High output with only 45 hours for $5k (new $12k). Everything marine, I would buy used as boats depreciate very quickly and most used are in a great shape as people take care of boats.
Old 03-27-10, 10:58 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Look for a used one. I bought couple month ago a nice 3 years old Yamaha 1100FX High output with only 45 hours for $5k (new $12k). Everything marine, I would buy used as boats depreciate very quickly and most used are in a great shape as people take care of boats.
Really... which site did you go to to find use one?
Old 03-27-10, 01:10 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Really... which site did you go to to find use one?
Founded through local craigslist.org

I don't know where in NV you are, but here are couple listining in Las Vegas area
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1660227410.html
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1662484052.html

Guy was trying to sell the one I have for $6k and I got it for $5k, I am sure you will find something you like there. Sold couple cars there as well.

Last edited by Luke27617; 03-27-10 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-27-10, 11:16 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Founded through local craigslist.org

I don't know where in NV you are, but here are couple listining in Las Vegas area
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1660227410.html
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1662484052.html

Guy was trying to sell the one I have for $6k and I got it for $5k, I am sure you will find something you like there. Sold couple cars there as well.
So many fake stuff on craiglist but maybe I will get one in the future, since just got my car, big payment I will just rent one to go for now~

BTW, the trailer usually is separate product right?

The most frustrated part is my garage only has 2 parking space... don't want to park my car outside and leave a Jetski indoor
Old 03-28-10, 08:33 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

So many fake stuff on craiglist but maybe I will get one in the future, since just got my car, big payment I will just rent one to go for now~

BTW, the trailer usually is separate product right?

The most frustrated part is my garage only has 2 parking space... don't want to park my car outside and leave a Jetski indoor
When buying new, you have to buy the trailer too. Most used are sold with the trailer. Trailer are cheap (starting $500).
Old 03-30-10, 06:16 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So far we have pics of Black Onyx, Starfire, Tungsten, and Knight's Armor Pearl.

Are there any new owners of Claret Mica, Satin Cashmere, and Peridot Mica out there?

Would love to see more pics... maybe some with windows down to show exterior/interior combo.
Old 04-01-10, 03:24 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Balooo2
WannaGX,
You da man!!!

Darryl in parts at Sewell is shipping my moldings today
They are the largest Lexus dealership in the country for a reason...

Thanks a bunch!
Did you ever get your moldings? Someone else on here said no Lexus would do it, not even Sewell. . . .
Old 04-20-10, 07:32 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wannaGX
Did you ever get your moldings? Someone else on here said no Lexus would do it, not even Sewell. . . .
Seems that you're the only one to add the molding to the base model thus far.
Old 04-21-10, 03:00 AM
Balooo2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by wannaGX
Yes I did get the moldings they have been installed by my Lexus dealer and look great.
Worth the effort and big difference, the GX460 in my opinion needs the belt line to break things up visually not to mention the molding is functional.

It seems you and I got these just in time because no one can get them now.
I have a friend who also purchased a base GX460 in GA. and his dealer told him flat out no and that they heard about individuals requesting them and the party line going forward is they will only be supplied as a body repair replacement.
I requested mine from my dealer in the buy cylce and was included in my deal free of charge as a "we owe".
They dragged their feet probably thinking I would forget about it .
I called around on my own to find the part and then read your post about the Sewell deal.
The Parts guy I spoke to at Sewell Daryl I believe (could be mistaken been a while back) said they ordered/purchased as many sets of the molding sets as they could secure back in November 09 anticipating the need.

Did Sewell simply say no or they where out of stock?

Last edited by Balooo2; 04-21-10 at 03:43 AM.
Old 04-21-10, 06:20 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Balooo2
Yes I did get the moldings they have been installed by my Lexus dealer and look great.
Worth the effort and big difference, the GX460 in my opinion needs the belt line to break things up visually not to mention the molding is functional.

It seems you and I got these just in time because no one can get them now.
I have a friend who also purchased a base GX460 in GA. and his dealer told him flat out no and that they heard about individuals requesting them and the party line going forward is they will only be supplied as a body repair replacement.
I requested mine from my dealer in the buy cylce and was included in my deal free of charge as a "we owe".
They dragged their feet probably thinking I would forget about it .
I called around on my own to find the part and then read your post about the Sewell deal.
The Parts guy I spoke to at Sewell Daryl I believe (could be mistaken been a while back) said they ordered/purchased as many sets of the molding sets as they could secure back in November 09 anticipating the need.

Did Sewell simply say no or they where out of stock?
How is the molding functional? Also, Sewell did it for me no problem and he also told me he'd send to others so that's why I was wondering why everyone else was having such problems. I think it makes all the difference in the world. I also asked Sewell if I could order the GX training wheels too. They got a kick out of that one.
Old 04-21-10, 06:47 AM
Balooo2
Driver School Candidate

How is the molding functional?

It prevents dings from most doors..., not all depending on height of vehicle.
It positively works in my home garage when my kids exit my wifes Accord the molding meets the door perfectly if she parks too close...functional.

If you look at the molding on an LS460 the molding is for the most part is window dressing (and it does look good!) it is placed too low on the bodyside to prevent dings.
Old 04-21-10, 07:49 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

I got those side modlings.
http://www.sportwing.com/images/view...roductId=12630

Seen them installed at my dealer. They charge $399. I got those for $129. Will take some pictures when those arive. For sure are not as nice as factory, but help break the line in very empty doors.
Old 04-21-10, 08:04 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Sportwing also sales painted side moldings to match your truck. Here it is a picture they have sent me. Not feeling this one. Maybe it would look better painted and lower.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-sample_10gx460_07-1-.jpg  
Old 04-21-10, 08:38 AM
Balooo2
Driver School Candidate

The chrome looks better then the black / painted hands down.
What did they tell you about getting factory Moldings?

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE