GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-10, 12:00 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by akfd
I just got my car an hour ago, and I have to say the drive home was just great!! If people are saying the engine doesn't have enough horsepower, or it's simply not powerful enough, they obviously haven't tried the car!! Here are a few pics that I took at the dealership before my short drive home. I'll try to take some nicer pics with my DSLR when I have time.

ERRRR~ evil front license frame holder~ lucky Nevada don't need that, it will destroy any car's look... except EVO 9 because its on the side lol
Old 03-20-10, 04:45 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wannaGX
Can't tell the difference, right?
The side molding is exactly the same. The only difference I can see is that the premium has some additional chrome trim on the rear side window.

Originally Posted by ybing
Is that chrome wheels?
Yes.
Old 03-20-10, 06:01 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio98
The side molding is exactly the same. The only difference I can see is that the premium has some additional chrome trim on the rear side window.

Damn, you're right!!! Off to educate my salesguy who said that was the only way to tell. . . . .
Old 03-20-10, 06:18 AM
SharpSpurs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow Package

New to the forum and my first post.

Does anyone have the tow package equipped on their GX from the Dealer. My questions are:

What Class hitch is it?
Is the 7 pin harness included?
Does it have the brake controller pre wired by the drivers side kick panel?
Is a trans cooler included with the tow package.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 03-20-10, 06:32 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SharpSpurs

Does anyone have the tow package equipped on their GX from the Dealer. My questions are:

What Class hitch is it?

Per my hubby:
class 3, not wired for brakes, just lights, thinks it's a 7 pin, might be a 10 pin, doesn't think trans cooler. Mine was added by the dealer, not stock. Don't know if that helps. . . hopefully others can add more.
Old 03-20-10, 09:29 AM
ybing
Intermediate

What Class hitch is it?

I have the port installed one, not sure will that be the same, here some pictures, it doesn't come with the ball tho, I never tow anything before so I'm not sure how all work

Old 03-20-10, 01:23 PM
LexFather

Stuck per Antonio98 and Encore888's suggestion.
Old 03-21-10, 05:49 AM
SharpSpurs
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Wanna and Ybing, especially for the pics.

When I inquired with my local Houston dealer, I was told that it does come with the integrated wiring for electric brakes (drivers side kick panel on most all Toyotas).

He also responded that the external Trans cooler was with the package.

It looks as if dealer may not know. They did not have any 2010 GX's in stock with the tow package to look at and confirm what is, or is not inclucded.
Old 03-21-10, 01:48 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Thanks Wanna and Ybing, especially for the pics.

When I inquired with my local Houston dealer, I was told that it does come with the integrated wiring for electric brakes (drivers side kick panel on most all Toyotas).

He also responded that the external Trans cooler was with the package.

It looks as if dealer may not know. They did not have any 2010 GX's in stock with the tow package to look at and confirm what is, or is not inclucded.
There is a wire come with the tow package, not sure is that what you talking about, coz I don't know anything about it haha
Old 03-23-10, 05:28 PM
kelv2888
Driver

Default My Gx 460

Base with black on black
comfort package,convenience package,nav, hitch, aniline seats, weathertech digital mats, crossbars, cargo mat,
Im loving it so far,not as quiet as I expected though.

Last edited by kelv2888; 03-23-10 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 07:42 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kelv2888
Base with black on black
comfort package,convenience package,nav, hitch, aniline seats, weathertech digital mats, crossbars, cargo mat,
Im loving it so far,not as quiet as I expected though.
Do you have pictures of your weathertech mats?
Old 03-23-10, 08:15 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in the floorliners as well, if they're better than the Lexus all-weather mats, I might spend more on the WeatherTech ones instead.

Also something off-topic - 1) my keys are scratching my Lexus key fob like crazy; is there anything I can purchase to protect it? 2) will the touch screen scratch easily? Do I need to get any sort of screen protector?
Old 03-23-10, 09:06 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested in the floorliners as well, if they're better than the Lexus all-weather mats, I might spend more on the WeatherTech ones instead.

Also something off-topic - 1) my keys are scratching my Lexus key fob like crazy; is there anything I can purchase to protect it? 2) will the touch screen scratch easily? Do I need to get any sort of screen protector?
I don't think the WeatherTech mats are as nice as the Lexus mats, but the Lexus all-weather mats are currently not available. I checked on the WeatherTech web site and when I entered 2010 GX, it showed the mats for the Gen1 GX in black, tan, and grey.

I'm currently using the all-weather mats from my GX 470 and they fit well, but the cargo tray does not fit. I'm just using the carpeted mat there.

My dealer included a leather protective cover for my key fob. You should be able to get one from your dealer or order it from Sewell. They also have neoprene.

I did not use a screen protector on my GX 470. Had it for four years with no scratches. I do remember from the Gen1 forum that there are some good screen protectors out there.
Old 03-23-10, 09:32 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Key fob - I got leather case for each with the car. Works perfect for me. If you didn't get it, I have seen them on ebay for around $10.

The Nav screen doesn't scratch easily as long as you don't bounce hard objects against the screen, etc... Just in case I have bought a screen protector. There are a bunch cheap one, but I had a very good luck with nushield. Since the NAV is new, they didn't have my size. They were great to create a custome size after I have sent them the measurements. They have uploaded to web site and now everyone can order. Here it is a link to the custom web site.
http://www.nushield.com/specials.php

Just choose Lexus and you should see GX460 - 10

Well worth the $19
Old 03-23-10, 10:56 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Key fob - I got leather case for each with the car. Works perfect for me. If you didn't get it, I have seen them on ebay for around $10.
I found a neoprene key cover on eBay for $6.99, it looks like the same one Sewell is selling on their website. Thank you for your advice!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE