GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16, 06:28 AM
ghettozoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you add the hitch? Do you know what the hitch is rated for? Is it the full 6500 that the GX460 can tow?

I finally found the answer from Lexus if anyone else is interested. They hitch sold by Lexus will match the capacity of the Lexus being sold.

Be wary of the dealer offering to take it down the road to a local installer of hitches as I believe they will put standard class lll hitch rated at 5000! This was offered to me on a quote.....

Last edited by ghettozoo; 03-24-16 at 07:11 AM. Reason: new info
Old 03-24-16, 06:30 AM
ghettozoo
Driver School Candidate

What was your deal in Georgia? I would think with so many dealers you could save a lot more.
Old 03-25-16, 06:21 PM
ghettozoo
Driver School Candidate

Default it is ours....2016 GX 460 Claret/Sepia

Great deal on the Premium pkg plus BSM, Pref.pkg, hitch, wood wheel. $5035 off.

Does anyone have the heated steering wheel as an option? Lexas brochure list the options and it says a "heated wood and leather steering wheel" yet ours does not appear to be heated.
Old 03-25-16, 10:54 PM
bd5400
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ghettozoo
Great deal on the Premium pkg plus BSM, Pref.pkg, hitch, wood wheel. $5035 off.

Does anyone have the heated steering wheel as an option? Lexas brochure list the options and it says a "heated wood and leather steering wheel" yet ours does not appear to be heated.

If your steering wheel is heated the button will be on the left side of the dashboard below the mirror adjustment buttons and above the fuel door release button (along with the traction control button and the headlamp washer button if equipped).

I believe the heated steering wheel is only standard on the "Luxury" trim, however, so if you picked up a "Premium" you wouldn't have it. Oh, and the current "Premium" model should not be confused with the older "Premium" model, which did include the heated steering wheel in the 2010-2013. The old "Premium" is essentially the current "Luxury".

Last edited by bd5400; 03-25-16 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-25-16, 11:43 PM
trd8x8
Driver School Candidate

Default Gx 460

Hello everyone!

We just got a CPO 2015 gx460 black on black base with NAV and comfort package 4 days ago at South county Lexus Mission Viejo, Ca (for the wife) And got a 9 year-unlimited miles warranty for it.

We like outdoors and love to explore. My wife has a jeep and I have a toyota truck.. But since we have a new addition to the family we thought of getting an offroad capable family suv that is dependable.

This is our first lexus to own and so far no complaints about it yet

I'm looking to change the rims to premium or luxury or aftermarket ones since the base looks ordinary IMO..
And maybe add the tow hitch later on..
Also i'd like to know where and what kind of floor mats do i get.. And maybe a steeringwheel cover??

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Raymund
Old 04-01-16, 06:41 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

^^ Congrats and welcome to CL..Enjoy the GX..
Old 04-28-16, 07:37 AM
Aulakh1
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys i've had my GX since 2011 but have just joined CL. 2011 GX460 burgundy interior with black interior along with NAV and park assist. Looking to get some sort of roof rack for it as I've kept it clean and stock for years now. I also own a 2013 black on black fully loaded Lexus LX570. It's nice to be here with fellow lexus owners.
Old 04-28-16, 07:45 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Aulakh1
Hey guys i've had my GX since 2011 but have just joined CL. 2011 GX460 burgundy interior with black interior along with NAV and park assist. Looking to get some sort of roof rack for it as I've kept it clean and stock for years now. I also own a 2013 black on black fully loaded Lexus LX570. It's nice to be here with fellow lexus owners.
Welcome to the Site.... Hey im curious... How do you enjoy your Air Force one aka your LX570 When I settle on just 1 vehicle i was thinking about a LX570 how do you like it..? Pros possible cons???

Thx in advance!!
Old 04-28-16, 09:16 AM
Aulakh1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Welcome to the Site.... Hey im curious... How do you enjoy your Air Force one aka your LX570 When I settle on just 1 vehicle i was thinking about a LX570 how do you like it..? Pros possible cons???

Thx in advance!!
I actually love it. The power in it is way better than the GX. At times it feels like i'm dragging the GX when driving it. Also my family and friends like riding in the LX way more because of how comfortable the middle row is and even the 3rd row for the kids. And as long as you keep it clean and get one a nice condition you're turning heads. but i would definitely recommend it if you're financially able to.
Old 04-28-16, 10:01 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

I actually love it. The power in it is way better than the GX. At times it feels like i'm dragging the GX when driving it. Also my family and friends like riding in the LX way more because of how comfortable the middle row is and even the 3rd row for the kids. And as long as you keep it clean and get one a nice condition you're turning heads. but i would definitely recommend it if you're financially able to.
Understandable.... & yeah I was planning on purchasing a new 16 LX I love the redesign i just decided to stay with my 15 GS F-Sport & the 16 GX until I get sick of being in a car & then they are gone for the 1 vehicle... again welcome to the forums & thx for the info...
Old 04-28-16, 10:06 AM
Aulakh1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Understandable.... & yeah I was planning on purchasing a new 16 LX I love the redesign i just decided to stay with my 15 GS F-Sport & the 16 GX until I get sick of being in a car & then they are gone for the 1 vehicle... again welcome to the forums & thx for the info...
Yea I like the LX but can't drive it everyday. I drive either the gx or my x5 on the daily depending on the distance of my commute. How do you like the GS-F sport? I was considering it but ultimately went with the BMW 550xi. I wasn't getting the power out of the GS-F the way I was with the 550, and that's probably due to the 550 being a v8 with twin turbo's
Old 04-28-16, 11:26 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Yea I like the LX but can't drive it everyday. I drive either the gx or my x5 on the daily depending on the distance of my commute. How do you like the GS-F sport? I was considering it but ultimately went with the BMW 550xi. I wasn't getting the power out of the GS-F the way I was with the 550, and that's probably due to the 550 being a v8 with twin turbo's
I love my F-Sport its modified to the T & its RWD as well so its strictly for fun... I will admit I thought about the GSF & im sure that extra 100+hp & torque would be damn right enjoyable, but the way I drive me GS you couldnt tell... Yeah those twin turbos are fun, I had a 335i for 7 months upgraded the turbos with dinan & just had problems constantly with the car so i just came back to my Lexi... But I can defiantly understand going with the 550xi over the F-Sport AWD i dont like the tranny to the AWD 6sp F-Sport & it felt sluggish off the line then my RWD...
Old 05-31-16, 07:29 AM
SurfaceGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 14 Base - long time reader, finally joined

Hey everyone, bought my GX two years back and have enjoyed every one of the 42k miles I've driven it..
2014 Base with NAV
20x8 Hyper Black Reps (+30)
1.25 spidertrax spacers
Ziptie wheel well mods
Sport line roof box for mountain toys
Wheels and tires ride better than stock, very pleased with how it's coming together.. <br > <br > <br > <br >
The following users liked this post:
lexusimon (03-16-17)
Old 05-31-16, 07:36 AM
SurfaceGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfaceGuy
Hey everyone, bought my GX two years back and have enjoyed every one of the 42k miles I've driven it..
2014 Base with NAV
20x8 Hyper Black Reps (+30)
1.25 spidertrax spacers
Ziptie wheel well mods
Sport line roof box for mountain toys
Wheels and tires ride better than stock, very pleased with how it's coming together.. <br > <br > <br > <br >
Forgot to mention:
Color: Silver on Black
Tires: BFG AT2 - 275/55/20

Wheels are actually 20x8.5 not 20x8...

Ordered some wheel emblems, will be a bit custom so I'll post when done...

Cheers!
Old 05-31-16, 08:16 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfaceGuy
Forgot to mention:
Color: Silver on Black
Tires: BFG AT2 - 275/55/20

Wheels are actually 20x8.5 not 20x8...

Ordered some wheel emblems, will be a bit custom so I'll post when done...

Cheers!
nice.
those wheels are not OEM? OEM wheels are 18*7.5

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE