GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-10, 04:57 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio98
How did your rear entertainment system turn out?

Can you post some pics?
Ugg, they're in, they're nice, they're pretty, they're invisionindustries.com. They're coming out Wednesday. They're like 3 inches thicker than stock headrests and all the depth juts toward the front making the passenger have to bend the head forward?!? I have the 8 inch SL ones. They're going to either put in the 7 inch which are supposedly thinner. If I don't like those I'm going to wait for the latest version which are put behind the headrest like stock. If that doesn't work I'm getting my $$ back. Very twilight zone. I have no idea how to post pictures. . . Can I just paste them in?
Old 03-08-10, 06:58 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wannaGX
I have no idea how to post pictures. . . Can I just paste them in?
When you're creating a post, if you scroll down under Additional Options you will see a button that says "Manage Attachments". You can click on that and then add your pics.

Sorry to hear the initial setup didn't work, but if they can get the one's that sit behind the headrests, that should be good.
Old 03-08-10, 07:29 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

2010 GX460 Premium
Starfire Pearl/Black
Nav/ML
Parking Assist
Cross Bars
Preferred Accessory Package
Remote Engine Start
Premium Floor Mats (don't know what this is...)
Tow Hitch w/Ball Mount

waiting...........
Old 03-08-10, 07:31 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Craig B
Thanks, the dealers don't even have the GX 470 all weather mats in stock. They had to send all their inventory back to Lexus do to the recall from gas pedals getting stuck. I purchased a cheap set at Sam's Club until I can get the factory all weather mats. My salesman called last night and said maybe sometime in April?
I asked my dealer... some people say it may be available around May, but some say Lexus is not going to make all weather anymore
Old 03-09-10, 03:37 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ybing
Premium Floor Mats (don't know what this is...)
Here is the description from the Lexus web site:

Premium Carpet Floor Mats
The luxurious, deep-pile, 70-ounce nylon carpeted floor mats are custom tailored for an exact fit. Premium carpet floor mats contain almost four times the amount of carpet fibers than the average floor mat. These mats are treated to resist a majority of the stains and odors that floor mats are typically exposed to, while protecting your carpet from premature wear and soiling. The premium carpet floor mats are color-matched to your vehicle's interior and accented with a brushed aluminum Lexus badge that is stain- and corrosion-resistant.
Old 03-10-10, 01:28 AM
ybing
Intermediate

The luxurious, deep-pile, 70-ounce nylon carpeted floor mats are custom tailored for an exact fit. Premium carpet floor mats contain almost four times the amount of carpet fibers than the average floor mat. These mats are treated to resist a majority of the stains and odors that floor mats are typically exposed to, while protecting your carpet from premature wear and soiling. The premium carpet floor mats are color-matched to your vehicle's interior and accented with a brushed aluminum Lexus badge that is stain- and corrosion-resistant.
So basically is just a floor mat...
Old 03-10-10, 08:46 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a superior mat to me. I would buy them.
Old 03-10-10, 09:15 PM
fins0608
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed your message; ironically, I posted almost the exact concerns about the Invision system, along with photos here. Do you know when the Invision system that mounts behind the headrest will be released? I am leaning toward sending these back to the dealer.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...vd-system.html

Ugg, they're in, they're nice, they're pretty, they're invisionindustries.com. They're coming out Wednesday. They're like 3 inches thicker than stock headrests and all the depth juts toward the front making the passenger have to bend the head forward?!? I have the 8 inch SL ones. They're going to either put in the 7 inch which are supposedly thinner. If I don't like those I'm going to wait for the latest version which are put behind the headrest like stock. If that doesn't work I'm getting my $$ back. Very twilight zone. I have no idea how to post pictures. . . Can I just paste them in?
Old 03-11-10, 04:27 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Originally Posted by fins0608
I just noticed your message; ironically, I posted almost the exact concerns about the Invision system, along with photos here. Do you know when the Invision system that mounts behind the headrest will be released? I am leaning toward sending these back to the dealer.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...vd-system.html
No, but it seemed like it may take a while. Do not wait, have them switch back now. Not only are they uncomfortable, but if you get rearended it is not safe bc the angle is different than it should be. Also, they need to know this won't fly, if you and the rest of us insist on a refund maybe they'll speed up on a solution.
Old 03-11-10, 06:51 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Based on what I see on the Invision web site, it appears that you have the SL model, but you need the SL Active model.

We have active headrests on the GX 460.

Maybe you can call the manufacturer directly to get confirmation.

INViSiON Sales
(877) INViSiON (468-4746)
sales@invisionindustries.com

INViSiON Customer Service
(866) 869-7888
cs@invisionindustries.com
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-sl_active.jpg  
Old 03-11-10, 07:17 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Based on what I see on the Invision web site, it appears that you have the SL model, but you need the SL Active model.

We have active headrests on the GX 460.

Maybe you can call the manufacturer directly to get confirmation.

INViSiON Sales
(877) INViSiON (468-4746)
sales@invisionindustries.com

INViSiON Customer Service
(866) 869-7888
cs@invisionindustries.com
That makes perfect sense except when you put in 2010 Lexus GX on the website they don't give the active option. . . . I'll follow up.
Old 03-12-10, 03:29 AM
Balooo2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, but it seemed like it may take a while. Do not wait, have them switch back now. Not only are they uncomfortable, but if you get rearended it is not safe bc the angle is different than it should be. Also, they need to know this won't fly, if you and the rest of us insist on a refund maybe they'll speed up on a solution.
You may want to consider these Philips portables they really work well and look good in my GX when in use.

Here is the product link:
http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/po...422_37/prd/us/

Frankly, in fairness to Lexus I don't see what the solution would be other then buy a Premium and go for the Entertainment package; it is not their fault the aftermarket built in headrest offerings are crappy.
The Lexus headrest DVD works and looks great we opted not to buy it...

Get a refund if you can and move on.
Old 03-12-10, 04:40 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Originally Posted by Balooo2
You may want to consider these Philips portables they really work well and look good in my GX when in use.

Here is the product link:
http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/po...422_37/prd/us/

Frankly, in fairness to Lexus I don't see what the solution would be other then buy a Premium and go for the Entertainment package; it is not their fault the aftermarket built in headrest offerings are crappy.
The Lexus headrest DVD works and looks great we opted not to buy it...

Get a refund if you can and move on.
I don't disagree with you at all. I said I wanted the entertainment package but they only ship them here in the premium and base was the first car I could get my hands on so they suggested these. My only beef is no one noticed how messed up they were and sent me on my way. No worries. I would have a huge beef if they wouldn't refund my money though.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 03-12-10, 06:14 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Just picked up the car an hour ago, there is a second set of floor mat at the trunk which is different quality ~
Old 03-13-10, 06:10 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default joining the GX460 club

Well just sold my 08 GS350 and picked up today my GX460.

Base
Knight's Armor Pearl and Sepia Leather
Convenience Package
Comfort Plus Package
Navigation
Remote Start
Hitch
Came with cross bars I didn't see other to have

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE