GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-15, 04:22 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Congrats westtex28, Sewell seems to be exceptional with customer satisfaction. Nice pic, any other modification plans?
Good call on the clear bra installl, my front end looks pretty bad after 75k miles
Old 09-14-15, 06:13 PM
GBSGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westtx28
New member from Texas here. Picked up a new 2015 GX for my wife. We are out in the country and have a fleet of Toyotas. She beats the hell out of her Land Cruiser and now that we've sent a daughter off to college she wanted something a little smaller. The good folks at Sewell found the color combo we wanted with 5 miles on it. I found a guy in Fort Worth that did a great job installing clear bra on the frontal areas. I'm very impressed with this truck so far. Did a lot of research and many reviewers and critics seem to think a BOF vehicle like this makes no sense vs the alternatives. Maybe the market is smaller but it is exactly what we were looking for. It will be interesting to see what happens after model year 2016.

1. 2015 W/ Premium Package
2. Nebula Gray / Black
3. Navigation
4. BS Monitor, HL Washer, Mahogany SW, & couple other small things.

Congrats - Looks great!
My dealer added the clear bra so it was included with cost of purchase. Initially I wasn't a fan, but after a month of driving I'm glad it's there now.
Enjoy you're new ride.
Old 09-30-15, 11:46 AM
phantomx48
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone, just picked up a new to me 2011 GX460 in Peridot with Ecru interior in Southern California. My first drive was to my local "off road" shop to get some beefier tires and suspension put on. Nothing crazy, just give it a little more clearance and a nicer stance.

I never thought I would drive a Lexus, since I have only ever bought German cars, but after owning an Audi A6 (V8) for the last 7 years, and seeing how terrible the interior held up, how problematic the electronics and other components were, and how crappy the resale value was, I knew I needed to find a new brand. With Lexus I have a lot more confidence in buying a car that will last at least another 10 years.

Originally I was going to go with a 4Runner, but for a few grand more, I could not pass up the luxury and sweet V8! When I first started shopping I was a little (or a lot) dissapointed in the color options, but then I found the Peridot green and fell in love with it. It is dark but has a ton of depth to it, and shimmers in the sun. . .not to mention it is also a very unique color on the road.

Looking forward to being seeing all the forum has to offer, and I will make sure to post pictures soon.
The following users liked this post:
jds4u2 (03-29-22)
Old 10-01-15, 08:09 AM
alldub
Driver School Candidate

Default GX 2012 Spare Tire Issue

My spare tire recently became loose and unattached from vehicle for no apparent reason. Could ave been a disaster since occurred driving on I 35 60 MPH.

Anyone having same problem?
Old 10-01-15, 08:38 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomx48
Hi everyone, just picked up a new to me 2011 GX460 in Peridot with Ecru interior in Southern California. My first drive was to my local "off road" shop to get some beefier tires and suspension put on. Nothing crazy, just give it a little more clearance and a nicer stance.

I never thought I would drive a Lexus, since I have only ever bought German cars, but after owning an Audi A6 (V8) for the last 7 years, and seeing how terrible the interior held up, how problematic the electronics and other components were, and how crappy the resale value was, I knew I needed to find a new brand. With Lexus I have a lot more confidence in buying a car that will last at least another 10 years.

Originally I was going to go with a 4Runner, but for a few grand more, I could not pass up the luxury and sweet V8! When I first started shopping I was a little (or a lot) dissapointed in the color options, but then I found the Peridot green and fell in love with it. It is dark but has a ton of depth to it, and shimmers in the sun. . .not to mention it is also a very unique color on the road.

Looking forward to being seeing all the forum has to offer, and I will make sure to post pictures soon.
I'd like to see pictures and details of the suspension work you've done. I've been wanting to do the same.
Old 10-13-15, 02:28 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alldub
My spare tire recently became loose and unattached from vehicle for no apparent reason. Could ave been a disaster since occurred driving on I 35 60 MPH.

Anyone having same problem?
YIKES! Wow, I've never seen that happen before. Thank goodness no one was hurt.
Old 10-28-15, 06:24 PM
nyanike
Driver School Candidate

Default New GX 460

Just picked this up for my wife
2016 GX 460 Luxury package
Starfire Pearl with Sepia interiors w/ navigation and Mark Levinson
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpeg  

Last edited by nyanike; 10-28-15 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-28-15, 07:05 PM
nyanike
Driver School Candidate

Smile

After a few miles of joyride
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpeg  
Old 10-28-15, 07:53 PM
nyanike
Driver School Candidate

What are your thoughts on adding a clear bra to the grill and mirrors?
Also any preference that might be helpful settings wise is welcomed
Old 10-29-15, 05:03 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by nyanike
What are your thoughts on adding a clear bra to the grill and mirrors?
Also any preference that might be helpful settings wise is welcomed
Congrats
I think everyone here would recommend the clear bra. I have a 2011 with 76k miles and it shows road damage without the clear bra.

If you use the navigation often, I recommend the bypass module.
Old 10-29-15, 05:05 PM
nyanike
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by tecman
Congrats
I think everyone here would recommend the clear bra. I have a 2011 with 76k miles and it shows road damage without the clear bra.

If you use the navigation often, I recommend the bypass module.
Thanks. I called around and they cheapest so far is 400 for the front grill and mirrors
Old 10-29-15, 05:28 PM
westtx28
10th Gear

I had ours done (in post 417 above) as soon as we bought it largely from the advice on this forum. This is my first vehicle with one so time will tell. We keep vehicles for a long time and looking at them now it's those front areas that really take a beating. Although my Tundra that only I drive isn't as bad as the vehicles my wife drives. I think it's because she is a tailgater with road rage. We are rural Texas and the bugs sure seem to wash off easily so I'm impressed with that aspect so far. We had grill, 1/3 hood, mirrors, & the 4 door edges done for $600.
Old 10-29-15, 07:05 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by nyanike
Just picked this up for my wife
2016 GX 460 Luxury package
Starfire Pearl with Sepia interiors w/ navigation and Mark Levinson
beauti. same one I have.

I had my entire hood, bumpers, fenders, doors, mirrors, rocker panels, and door molding covered in xpel. Close to $2000 in cost. Well worth it. Make sure whoever u use knows how to work with it.

Also, dont forget u should cover everything under the suv with fluid flim to prevent rust and corrosion cause it starts happening right away. trust me and check out some past threads here.
Old 10-31-15, 04:41 AM
nyanike
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by T4Fun
beauti. same one I have.

I had my entire hood, bumpers, fenders, doors, mirrors, rocker panels, and door molding covered in xpel. Close to $2000 in cost. Well worth it. Make sure whoever u use knows how to work with it.

Also, dont forget u should cover everything under the suv with fluid flim to prevent rust and corrosion cause it starts happening right away. trust me and check out some past threads here.
Thanks man, .
Old 11-03-15, 03:41 PM
CV460
Driver School Candidate

Default 2016 GX460 Premium

Just pick it up on Friday a GX460 Premium Starfire Pearl with Sepia leather.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE