GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-15, 07:56 AM
tka12500
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Florida Member

I am looking forward to participating in this club. We have:
2015 Lexus GX460 Premium/Navigation
Starfire Pearl
Sepia Leather Mahogany Trim
Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Wood- and Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel and shift ****
Cargo Area Tonneau Cover
Headlamp Washers
Exhaust Tip
Carpet Cargo Mat
Alloy Wheel Locks
Cargo Net

Added:
Lexus Class 4 Trailer Hitch Receiver
Lexus All Weather 3rd Row Mat
Lexus All Weather Cargo Mat
WeatherTech Floor Liners

Pictures may follow.
tka12500
Old 03-22-15, 05:47 PM
Dfisher81
Driver School Candidate

Hello! New here! Just purchased a CPO 2011 GX 460 base. Great truck. Previous 4Runner owner for 8 years. Had a 1 year fling with a Grand Cherokee Overland, and came running back to Toyota! Hope to help where I can!

GX is Base black/black, with Comfort/Convenience. Navigation. Intuitive Park Assist. 3 zone climate. Tow package.
Old 03-22-15, 06:39 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Dfisher81
Hello! New here! Just purchased a CPO 2011 GX 460 base. Great truck. Previous 4Runner owner for 8 years. Had a 1 year fling with a Grand Cherokee Overland, and came running back to Toyota! Hope to help where I can!

GX is Base black/black, with Comfort/Convenience. Navigation. Intuitive Park Assist. 3 zone climate. Tow package.
Congrats and welcome
Problems with the GCO?
Old 03-22-15, 07:13 PM
Dfisher81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tecman
Congrats and welcome
Problems with the GCO?
Wanted to love it but couldn't. Too many issues in under a year mademe want to sell it. It was a 2011 also. Sunroof frame had bad weld, had to be torn out. Rattled forever. Water pump out at 45k miles. Wheel bearing going out. Rumors of air suspension problems. Drivers seat frame clicked constantly. AC evaporator started tromboning noise... all in about 10 months. So I ran back to Toyota. The outlook seemed to be poor in the GCO, which is a shame because it was a pleasure to drive. Handled really well and lots of power.

Outside of a wierd clicking in my 2nd row seat, generally only in a slight turn going over a road imperfection, which I'm having a heck of a time tracking down- the GX reminds me so much of my 4Runner. Enjoying it very much.
Old 03-24-15, 06:17 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wanted to love it but couldn't. Too many issues in under a year mademe want to sell it. It was a 2011 also. Sunroof frame had bad weld, had to be torn out. Rattled forever. Water pump out at 45k miles. Wheel bearing going out. Rumors of air suspension problems. Drivers seat frame clicked constantly. AC evaporator started tromboning noise... all in about 10 months. So I ran back to Toyota. The outlook seemed to be poor in the GCO, which is a shame because it was a pleasure to drive. Handled really well and lots of power.

Outside of a wierd clicking in my 2nd row seat, generally only in a slight turn going over a road imperfection, which I'm having a heck of a time tracking down- the GX reminds me so much of my 4Runner. Enjoying it very much.
Is your armrest down on the second row? If so put it up and see if rattle goes away.
Old 03-24-15, 04:03 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

This may help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-backseat.html
Old 03-25-15, 10:23 AM
Jacket
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

Hi all. I picked up a 2013 GX460 yesterday in Knights Armor with the Ecru interior. It replaces an Audi Q7 TDI that was fun to drive, and got great MPG's, but it left us stranded on the road twice and is not very user friendly to maintain.

We're a 100% Toyota family now, and this "Prado" joins my 1976 and 1996 Land Cruisers that are both built for Colorado adventures.

Cheers.
Old 04-23-15, 04:31 AM
rdouglas13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bturkel1@v
2010 gx 460 prem
silver/black
comfort
covenience
PAP
Remote Start
exhaust tip
M/L sound with RES
Alpine 500 watt sub amp/Pioneer Shallow Mount Sub
Custom 22" MHT Drone 6 spoke wheels - Brushed Alum/Chrome Outers - 285/40/R22 Toyo Proxies II
NAV/DVD Hack
Clear Bra Full Bumper
2nd AC Inverter Switch
Explain your Nav/dvd hack and how u did your 2nd ac inverter
Old 04-27-15, 03:33 AM
THOMASK33
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Remote Start

Did you add the remote start to your vehicle?..If so was it factory and how much did they charge....also looking at chrome rims.. but the dealer stated around 2K but I have heard sometimes chrome will peel over time so I am a little hesitant...but my baby needs something to bring her to life..
Old 05-21-15, 02:51 PM
PROV8
Lead Lap

Default New to forum

It’s great being a part of this forum. I’ve always been a sedan owner, but a big SUV better fits my retirement needs (and my new weekend-warrior lifestyle). My 2013 GX 460 gives me a spacious, comfortable highway cruiser that can handle “off-road-lite” adventures, and carry gear and people as needed. I like the power and ride quality (I have the Premium model with adaptive variable suspension), and have no major complaints. I find the rear cargo door, at times, to be cumbersome and I’d like to be getting a bit better fuel economy – but, overall, it’s a winner.
Old 06-08-15, 04:37 PM
Becmac13
Driver School Candidate

Default New Lexus owner

Bought gx460 in October and loving it. Going to take a trip this summer and installing roof cross bars. Anyone have experience with this?
Old 06-08-15, 05:16 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Becmac13
Bought gx460 in October and loving it. Going to take a trip this summer and installing roof cross bars. Anyone have experience with this?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...rack-bars.html
Old 06-22-15, 12:25 PM
Swede08735
Driver School Candidate

Default Would like Manual for 2015 GX 460

>Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

>1. Year and package
2015 Dunno the "package" but seems to have (almost) everything.

>3. Color or the exterior and interior
White, mauve(?) inside

>2. Navigation - Yes
> Mark Levinson - No, I wish {grin}

>4. Option Packages or options (RSES, park assist, etc)
Think pretty much everything.

>and other details such as pictures you might have of your GX
No pics (yet). Only got it last Friday and dropped good camera. Bye bye lens. {sigh}

>or tell us what you drove previously
2003 GX 470. Loved it more than any car I've owned. Lost it in hurricane Sandy. {real bummer} But then again, if I hadn't I would never have gotten this one. So sorta glad. {painful grinning grimace}

2004 GX 470 Never liked it as much as the '03. Reason why I got this one. Only kept it 2 years.
Reason I'm posting is am looking for an online or downloadable GX 460 manual (hopefully NOT .pdf, prefer .doc or text). As fine as Lexus is, the manual is just as crappy to use as ever other new car manual ever written (and I've been buying new cars since 1965) and this car needs an old man readable manual more than any car I've ever owned.

Swede

Old 06-22-15, 05:44 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

This is the source I use, pdf and categorized.
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...=2015&x=37&y=2
Old 06-22-15, 05:50 PM
11GX460
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Swede08735

Reason I'm posting is am looking for an online or downloadable GX 460 manual (hopefully NOT .pdf, prefer .doc or text). As fine as Lexus is, the manual is just as crappy to use as ever other new car manual ever written (and I've been buying new cars since 1965) and this car needs an old man readable manual more than any car I've ever owned.

Swede

I doubt you will ever find an online manual that is in .doc or text. PDF allows manufacturers to make it brochure-like and offer a level of security at the same time. However, you can download it in .pdf and then convert it yourself, but the format, graphics, and fonts will require some editing, if you so choose. Hope that helps. And congrats on your GX 460. Please do post a picture when ready.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE