GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-14, 11:18 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MTLDean
What's up everyone! I finally got around to snapping a few pics of my new 2014 GX460. I absolutely love this thing - smooth and refined but really unstoppable flying over snowbanks and curbs (winter has been hell here this year). I get a lot of compliments over the redesign - I think the front is really classy. I'm the world's worst photographer so sorry about the lousy angles and lighting, but here it is!
Very nice! Enjoy, I really like mine as well...
Old 01-04-14, 12:37 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I forgot to post here - Oh well, better late than never I suppose. I bought a 2013 left over. Premium, ML, steering headlights (forgot the abbreviation), driver package, etc. on Dec.11th. Starfire Pearl over ecru. It was actually ordered by a coal company exec who never picked it up. Guess Obama's "War on Coal" got him. Anyway, his loss and my gain. Coming from a Sequoia. Wife has a Benz. I used to drive 4Runners so much is familiar but dang! 1500+ pages if owners manual? I have already read this entire forum and taken copious notes. Learned so much from the kind people here. I am an old retired wrestling coach and will most likely not mod it much (although I do have a pretty sweet set of T4R wheels in the garage ...) or do a lot of off-roading - heck just driving in WV is quite an experience. LOL. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome and helping me figure out the personality of this unique truck.
Old 01-04-14, 05:27 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by Herd72
I guess I forgot to post here - Oh well, better late than never I suppose. I bought a 2013 left over. Premium, ML, steering headlights (forgot the abbreviation), driver package, etc. on Dec.11th. Starfire Pearl over ecru. It was actually ordered by a coal company exec who never picked it up. Guess Obama's "War on Coal" got him. Anyway, his loss and my gain. Coming from a Sequoia. Wife has a Benz. I used to drive 4Runners so much is familiar but dang! 1500+ pages if owners manual? I have already read this entire forum and taken copious notes. Learned so much from the kind people here. I am an old retired wrestling coach and will most likely not mod it much (although I do have a pretty sweet set of T4R wheels in the garage ...) or do a lot of off-roading - heck just driving in WV is quite an experience. LOL. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome and helping me figure out the personality of this unique truck.
Congratulations and welcome. The headlights are called adaptive headlights. That's something they took away for 2014. I had them on my 2010 GX 460. I guess it was a cost cutting measure, the new LS 460 has them with LED headlights.

Enjoy!
Old 01-06-14, 12:03 PM
seiclan
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I own a Cypress Pearl 2006 GX 470, fully loaded with KDSS and tow hitch and I just received notification that my new GX 460 is enroute to JAX and I should get it by the end of this month.
I am getting a GX460 Luxury 2014 in Black Onyx with a Sepia interior.
I was disappointed that I had to wait for it (since last October) due to low inventory. I am concerned that the cargo area is much smaller in the 2nd Gen. I really liked that I could remove the third row seats and fold the second row up but I didn't want to drive an 8 year old truck anymore (although to be honest, my 2006 looks to be in great shape). I am holding onto the 2006 for a few months as a spare car for my college kids but then will probably sell it at CarMax in April. The dealer wanted to buy it but only wants to give me 15K for it.
Anyhow, I am reading through the posts to learn more about my new truck.
Old 01-06-14, 12:25 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by seiclan
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I own a Cypress Pearl 2006 GX 470, fully loaded with KDSS and tow hitch and I just received notification that my new GX 460 is enroute to JAX and I should get it by the end of this month.
I was disappointed that I had to wait for it (since last October) due to low inventory. I am concerned that the cargo area is much smaller in the 2nd Gen. I really liked that I could remove the third row seats and fold the second row up but I didn't want to drive an 8 year old truck anymore (although to be honest, my 2006 looks to be in great shape). I am holding onto the 2006 for a few months as a spare car for my college kids but then will probably sell it at CarMax in April. The dealer wanted to buy it but only wants to give me 15K for it.
Congrats and welcome!
Old 01-06-14, 01:09 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by seiclan
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
Old 01-08-14, 11:05 AM
tgergen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a '14 GX a few weeks ago.

Starfire/Ecru
Luxury

Options:
Levinson
Glass Breakage Sensor
Hitch
Exhaust Tip
Cargo Mat/net/wheel locks/gloves

Still have a '04 GX (161K) I am probably giving to my father-in-law.

I am loving how the '14 rides compared to the '04. Night and day!

I am not loving the wheels. lol U-G-L-Y and small IMHO.
Old 01-08-14, 05:10 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tgergen
Bought a '14 GX a few weeks ago.

Starfire/Ecru
Luxury

Options:
Levinson
Glass Breakage Sensor
Hitch
Exhaust Tip
Cargo Mat/net/wheel locks/gloves

Still have a '04 GX (161K) I am probably giving to my father-in-law.

I am loving how the '14 rides compared to the '04. Night and day!

I am not loving the wheels. lol U-G-L-Y and small IMHO.
Congrats and welcome
Old 01-08-14, 05:16 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

My 2013 is Starfire and Ecru as well. Beautiful color combo - got lots of compliments on it. Gotta stay after those seats though as blue jeans soon make blue seats! Best of luck. Loving mine so far and learning a tremendous amount about this unique truck from the good folks on this forum!
Old 01-27-14, 06:04 PM
R3loader
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Picked up my Luxury with ML last Saturday. Starfire with Black interior.

Name:  DSC_4856.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  88.3 KB
Old 01-27-14, 06:28 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Best color combo if you ask me... that's what I have on 2013. My wife wishes we had ecru but black interior is far more practical (I wear jeans a lot).
Old 01-28-14, 10:24 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by R3loader

Very nice, congratulations!
Old 01-28-14, 09:18 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by R3loader

Very nice and it goes well with your house. We also have the Starfire Pearl as well with the Ecru interior but wanted the Sepia interior...
Old 01-30-14, 03:54 AM
R3loader
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

thanks for the comments. I really like the GX so far.
Old 02-02-14, 12:10 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Picked up our new GX 460 a couple of days ago.

Here it is. Finally had a chance to clean it after all this Northern weather moved through. Back to Central Florida weather of 80's in February.

Randy B
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_3927.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gx-2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gx-4.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gx-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE