GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New GX460!

Old 02-16-12, 10:35 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
i personally dont like the looks of the old gx, to each their own. the interior is stone aged
Totally agree! When I was at the dealer buying my GX I was sort of open to a 470 but really didn't like the outside much at all. I think it looks dated. But I was willing to consider based on the price. It was when I went and sat inside the 470 I was like get me outta here. Very depressingly old and dated compared to the 460. I love love love my 460.

The look the op described about looking like they melted the fenders off was actually the point of the new design. I can't remember where I read it, but the new Lexuses are made to look like they've been formed by a solid block of metal - very fluid.

Oh, and the "six years of no change must mean something" comment - isn't that what they always do? Keep a similar body style for like 6 years and then completely revamp? I'm guessing the 460 style will last that long too, right?
Old 02-16-12, 12:28 PM
Craig B

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by wannaGX
Totally agree! When I was at the dealer buying my GX I was sort of open to a 470 but really didn't like the outside much at all. I think it looks dated. But I was willing to consider based on the price. It was when I went and sat inside the 470 I was like get me outta here. Very depressingly old and dated compared to the 460. I love love love my 460.

The look the op described about looking like they melted the fenders off was actually the point of the new design. I can't remember where I read it, but the new Lexuses are made to look like they've been formed by a solid block of metal - very fluid.

Oh, and the "six years of no change must mean something" comment - isn't that what they always do? Keep a similar body style for like 6 years and then completely revamp? I'm guessing the 460 style will last that long too, right?
There is going to be a refresh for 2013. At least a new front grill...

There will also be a sport version for 2013, not sure what it's going to look like...
Old 02-18-12, 09:50 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
There is going to be a refresh for 2013. At least a new front grill...

There will also be a sport version for 2013, not sure what it's going to look like...

if there is gx F version, i may consider it. but i doubt it will have anything major other than cosmetic changes.

we are currently eyeing however the 2013 redesigned IS and infinit G when they debut later this year

Last edited by T4Fun; 02-18-12 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-13-12, 07:08 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Stopped by the local dealer and they had a GX with the F-Sport Design Package sitting on the lot!

As already known, purely a cosmetic package.

Front:

Side by Side with Standard GX

Grill Upclose to see the Texture:

Wheel:

Exhaust Tip:

I really liked the wheels.
Old 06-22-12, 07:37 PM
muzicman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased tonight, new (42 Miles) 2012 Black Onyx/Ecru Premium with Nav/ML, IPA and RSES. Pictures tomorrow after 3M Bra installed.
Old 07-30-12, 08:51 PM
JessePS

I just noticed that the 2013 model has KDSS standard. It should have been standard from the start, seeing if I remember correctly it was standard on the 1st gen when it was launched back in 2003 or that might have been on the Canadian model only.
Old 07-31-12, 07:29 AM
Tnorling
Rookie

Ugly grill! Unsure on the wheels.
Old 07-31-12, 12:10 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tnorling
Ugly grill! Unsure on the wheels.
I agree, There were 2 identical GX's on the lot when I bought mine over the weekend and I do not like the grill at all on the "F", the wheels are ok but I want to change mine out to Chrome anyway and you can get a chrome tip anywhere.
Old 07-31-12, 12:23 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
I just noticed that the 2013 model has KDSS standard. It should have been standard from the start, seeing if I remember correctly it was standard on the 1st gen when it was launched back in 2003 or that might have been on the Canadian model only.
KDDS is standard on all 2010+ GX460's.
Old 02-05-13, 07:04 AM
kathineid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SilverLady
I received an e-mail from Lexus today with a link to the latest copy of Lexus Pursuits magazine:

With a V8 engine and full-time four-wheel drive, the GX gives you the power to handle almost any adventure—while delivering the best V8 fuel-economy ratings in its class [1]. But the GX isn't just about amazing feats of strength. With third-row seats that disappear at the touch of a button, it's also astonishingly versatile. See how the GX can help you conquer your busy lifestyle.

I took a quick look at the website, which was not as clear as I would like, but my impressions:

1. No more 4wd low. Just regular all time 4WD, but still with a pushbuttom type locking differential and limited slip differential. I'm not sure if this is quite a crossover yet, but it is getting there.
2. Only 2 small seats in the last row, making it seating for 7 and not 8. They don't seem to come out.
3. Fold flat second and back row seats - one of them by pushbutton. I'd really like to see this in person to get an idea of the cargo area. This might be an improvement.
4. Still has the opening rear door, but now has a small opening window in the rear. (Hatch type window).
5. New Nav with a lot of voice activation, takes audio CDs, hard drive nav disk, and much improved interface with a USB port for controlling IPODs as well as a regular audio jack - even blue tooth for mp3 players. Darn I would like this - too bad I just extended the warrenty for my four year old 06! Doesn't say if nav is touch screen, if not that would be a serious downer for me.

Here is the link:

http://www.lexus.com/models/GX/?s_oc...09:CTA1:2010GX
Touch screen YES!!! Choice of 4wl or 4wh button/switch. Rides well and I think as being 5'8" the 3rd row isnt that bad. I love the automatic buttons to move seats and lower them into the floor. AWESOME trade for me from the RX!
Old 09-16-13, 12:16 PM
tmldds
Driver School Candidate

I am looking toward a GX460Luxury purchase. What is a reasonable delivery and processing fee? Sterling McCal quoted me $910, a little excessive in my book.
Old 09-16-13, 01:05 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by tmldds
I am looking toward a GX460Luxury purchase. What is a reasonable delivery and processing fee? Sterling McCal quoted me $910, a little excessive in my book.
i believe thats non negotiable.
a better question to ask is what most people are paying on the TDA?
Old 09-17-13, 11:50 AM
R3loader
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

How do you guys like/hate the rear swing-gate? I am looking at the new X5 and the '14 GX. I like the GX for its reliability but everything else on the X5.
Old 09-17-13, 12:22 PM
Craig B

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by R3loader
How do you guys like/hate the rear swing-gate? I am looking at the new X5 and the '14 GX. I like the GX for its reliability but everything else on the X5.
I sold my 2009 X5 twin turbo diesel for the GX 460. The X5 was a total lemon. Check engine lights, nav screen kept going out, battery wouldn't stay charged, heated fuel filter went bad in the middle of winter, couldn't get parts for the vehicle, air temp sensor went bad on one of the turbo chargers. I don't mind the swing gate, I have a 2014 GX 460 on the way, trading in my 2010 GX 460. Have had zero problems with my GX 460. Nothing but problems with BMW. Oh, it was hard to find a dealer to trade for the X5.
Old 09-17-13, 12:36 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by Craig B
I sold my 2009 X5 twin turbo diesel for the GX 460. The X5 was a total lemon. Check engine lights, nav screen kept going out, battery wouldn't stay charged, heated fuel filter went bad in the middle of winter, couldn't get parts for the vehicle, air temp sensor went bad on one of the turbo chargers. I don't mind the swing gate, I have a 2014 GX 460 on the way, trading in my 2010 GX 460. Have had zero problems with my GX 460. Nothing but problems with BMW. Oh, it was hard to find a dealer to trade for the X5.
an suv shouldnt be treated like a sports car, which in my mind is what people do when they buy a q5, q7, fx, x5,x6 and now that silly x1 by bmw.
stay away from german if you want reliabiliability and get a nissan or toyota...
hondas, ehh.....tranny and engine issues...every single acura/honda i know...even my freakin honda lawnmower

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GX460!