GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2010 Gx460

Old 10-01-08, 11:08 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought AWD is synomymous to 4WD. Is there a difference?

By the way, since we bought the GX, my wife and I are in a constant competition as to who gets to drive it. Just like the TV commercial, forgot for which vehicle though, anyways the pilot is sadly the last resort.
Old 10-02-08, 01:10 PM
kutsyy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by malmon
I thought AWD is synomymous to 4WD. Is there a difference?
There is a huge difference, here is a nice writeup: http://www.rubicon-trail.com/4WD101/...e_4WD_awd.html

Now, for the question, "is there a difference for you?". That would depends on what you are using truck for. If you don't know why you may need 4x4 low, then you probably much better with AWD... (As for me, one of the main reasons I got GX was 4x4 and KDSS).
Old 11-16-09, 08:53 PM
stiles_s
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kutsyy
There is a huge difference, here is a nice writeup: http://www.rubicon-trail.com/4WD101/...e_4WD_awd.html

Now, for the question, "is there a difference for you?". That would depends on what you are using truck for. If you don't know why you may need 4x4 low, then you probably much better with AWD... (As for me, one of the main reasons I got GX was 4x4 and KDSS).
This is an age old debate. Do you think our GX's have 4x4? 4wd? AWD?

I suppose having "low range" and a locker makes it a 4x4

But... in normal mode it has the same torsen center diff and therefore the same AWD system as our Audi S4, which is clearly AWD. So which is it?
Old 11-17-09, 09:04 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HRM5
Yes, I typed that right. I don't know if you guys already knew this, but I went to my dealership a little bit ago and found out something interesting. My salesman said (don't know if it is correct or not), the salesman at the Lexus dealership said that he had attended a Lexus informational meeting a few days ago about future models. He said that the GX would downsize its engine to the LS460 engine, change the 4WD to AWD, and make the overall dimensions smaller to make the vehicle more efficient (therefore losing the 4WD lever). He claimed that it would come out in late '09 as an '10 model. Again, not 100% positive this is true, but he claimed it was.

Sorry if this is a repost, I am just passing on what I learned.
If this holds true, I've never known a salesman to be so knowledgeable!
http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-to...next-week.html
Old 11-19-09, 09:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ooh, thx for the link! Seems someone jumped the embargo...just a bit (the pic is too small to make out much). Interesting to hear of the premium packaging, Lexus has now added this higher-spec trim for more of its latest models.
Old 11-19-09, 11:09 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would LOVE to get the GX with the Premium Package!! Hope it won't be too expensive in Canada.
Old 11-19-09, 11:15 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Oh God, I saw the side profile of the Prado and i suspect the GX will look essentially identical in that stance. Not liking it.
Old 11-19-09, 11:35 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmm no mention of Xenon Headlights in the above post??
Old 11-20-09, 12:17 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I will elaborate more on the 2010 GX460 after the embargo is lifted this coming Monday.
Old 11-20-09, 05:44 AM
k3vo
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
I will elaborate more on the 2010 GX460 after the embargo is lifted this coming Monday.
At what time Monday is the embargo being lifted?

Would you also know if there is to be any live streaming of the GX's intro?

TIA
Old 11-20-09, 09:27 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Monday 11/23/09 @ 12:01am PST.
Old 11-20-09, 12:15 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Monday 11/23/09 @ 12:01am PST.
You are one loyal Lexus-er and it's good to stay that way.
Old 11-20-09, 02:44 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GX 460

~ Cap
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Gx460-gx460.gif  
Old 11-20-09, 06:00 PM
94SC300TX
Rookie

Just got this information emailed to me by my dealer:

Lexus will release a all-new 2010 GX 460 in late December or early January. Complete or finalized details have yet to be disclosed. Below you'll see preliminary info just in from the factory. If you would like to be included in my short list of individuals to be notified of changes and arrivals, let me know.

Late Breaking News Release:

The All-New 2010 GX 460 comes with a new 4.6L engine and more power (301 hp; 329 lb-ft torque). The new
six-speed automatic transmission also helps provide 13% better MPG than the previous GX, making it
the best-in-class V8 fuel economy and competitive with some six-cylinder models. In addition to this
progressive engine, the GX also brings with it some exciting new features all of which are standard for
the base model:

��
Power fold-flat third row
��
10 airbags (best-in-class)

��
Second row seatbelt pretensioners

��
Heated/Ventilated front seats (first in class)

��
Rear back-up camera with standard 4.2” screen (does not require Navigation)
Integrated XM
® Radio (90-day trial included), Bluetooth Multi-Media, and iPod-USB/MP3 Auxillary

��
Active front headrests

��
Significantly upgraded nine speaker audio

��
Electronic transfer case

��
Larger 18” wheels

��
Smart Access

��
Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System

Safety Connect™ (Complimentary one-year trial subscription.)

The GX is the “right-sized” and most compact (in length) SUV in its segment. The exterior reflects the
new L-finesse design aesthetic. The exterior also demonstrates some new key convenience and styling
features such as the flip-open rear glass hatch (for easier access to the cargo area), integrated rear door
handle, and new standard rear spoiler with hidden wiper. The GX color palette is also completely
revamped and includes two all-new exterior colors, Knight’s Armor (gray) and Claret Mica, and three
interior colors, Ecru, black, and Sepia (brand new brown).
The 2010 GX interior not only has the new standard power fold-flat third row, but access to the third row
has been made easier via the tilting and sliding 40/20/40 split second row seat. A new center console
design offers the driver more storage and functionality including easy to reach iPod and 12-volt outlets.
While the GX base model comes full of standard luxury amenities, Lexus has also developed a
“Premium” model which adds semi-aniline leather, HID with AFS, heated wood steering wheel, heated
second row outboard seats, power electrochromic exterior side mirrors with power retract, headlamp
cleaners, rear A/C, illuminated front scuff plates, rear air suspension, auto leveler, adaptive variable
suspension, and color keyed body side molding.
GX Pricing:
The 2010 GX will maintain a competitive value position versus the competition.
e MSRP Premium Model

BASE MSRP GX 460 $51,970

PREMIUM BASE MSRP GX 460 $56,765

Competitive V8s
BASE BMW X5 4.8L $56,200
BASE MB GL450 $60,950
BASE Audi Q7 4.2L $61,000
Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™
Lexus’ New On-Board Communication System – An Extensive Advanced-Technology Offering
Two New Telematics Systems Standard on MY10 GX 460:
Lexus Enform with Safety Connect. ¯ Standard on NAV vehicles

Safety Connect ¯ Standard on non-NAV vehicles

One-year complimentary trial subscriptions included with every new appropriately equipped vehicle purchase
Safety Connect is our all-new on-board safety and security service. Embedded cellular and GPS
technology help connect drivers to the 24/7 response center in case of a collision, breakdown, or other
emergency on the road. Safety Connect provides four key features:

Automatic Collision Notification

Stolen Vehicle Location

Emergency Assistance (SOS)

Enhanced Roadside Assistance (which adds GPS data to the already included warranty-based Lexus
roadside service)

Lexus Enform with Safety Connect provides drivers a suite of convenience and information features and
can help lend security and expediency on the road. The system includes:
All Safety Connect services (above)

eDestination, which allows users, via LexusDrivers.com, to search for and save their preferred destinations in
online folders then wirelessly send them—up to 200 at a time—to their vehicle.

Destination Assist, which allows users to call the 24/7 response center from their vehicle to request
assistance finding destinations while on the road. Coordinates are wirelessly sent to the vehicle’s navigation
system for easy route guidance.

Expanded standard (on NAV) XM
® services include:

XM NavTraffic® (90-day trial subscription included.)

XM NavWeather™ (90-day trial subscription included.)

XM® Sports & Stocks (Included with an XM® Radio subscription; 90-day trial subscription included.)

Complimentary Lexus Insider
TM provides audio articles to enhance the Lexus experience with useful
vehicle tips and event information, and insights into exclusive owners’ benefits. Drivers can easily choose
to opt in or out of receiving these articles. This service is available on all Lexus Enform–equipped vehicles

and does not require a subscription.
Wait! There's more. Detailed information is yet to be released. Let me know if this will be the vehicle for you this winter.
Old 11-20-09, 09:13 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, 94SC300TX. I'll email my local dealer and see when the truck will be available in Canada, and for how much. I think the new GX costs a bit more than the previous version, which sounds about right given the Japanese yen has gone up quite a bit this year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Gx460