New to me '07 GX470 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

New to me '07 GX470

Old 02-12-19, 06:37 AM
brm98
Driver School Candidate

Default New to me '07 GX470

It's been a while since I've been part of the lexus group but I decided to pick up an '07 GX470. I'm aware of some of the gremlins associated with this truck. Timing belt, air suspension, drive shaft, dash board, etc. Overall the car is in really good shape for being 12 years old and having 180K on the odo. 2 owners with most service records going back a few years. Timing belt will need to be done soon and the it needs tires and brakes. The blower fan is making a ticking noise so that will need some attention soon.

Anyway, back to the question. Are there any "recommended" pads/rotors for the GX? I'm just looking for oem replacement at this point, this is just an A-B truck for now.

Thanks in for any help and feedback.
Old 02-12-19, 09:06 AM
IanB2
Lexus Test Driver

I've used Hawk LTS and was very happy with them, I'm currently using Akebono Ceramic and they've been good as well.

Another of the common failure points on these trucks in seized front calipers. If you're planning on doing pads & rotors anyways, think about getting some '10 GX460 front calipers and rotors instead (pads are the same), and enjoy not worrying about doing a caliper per year going forward.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: