GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470: No sound!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-18, 09:32 AM
rogercador
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GX470: No sound!

I Apologize in advanced if that topic was coverd in GX470 Guide to Audio Troubleshooting.docx, but the link is currently down...

I had the 2006 GX470 serviced earlier this week by an independent shop, and when I retrieve the vehicle, there were no sounds coming out of my sound system.
I have the Mark Levinson system with Navigation, CD (NO Satellite). I had a BT receiver installed that is wired as the "MD player".

Everything "looks" like it is working. I can tune channel on the radio, I can start the CD (can hear it spin) but no sound coming from the speaker.
I checked the 2 fuses I know about (Radio 1 &2) in the engine compartment, and they are good. So I see two possible reasons:

Amplifier died -> need repair or swapped
or
My mechanic unconnected something as he was trying to remove/install the cabin air filter or when he "yank" my dashcam power cord who is router on the passenger side.

This is the picture of the diagnostic screen.
Could anyone translate this for me? Why woudl CD-CH2 show a fault if I'm apparenlty able to controll the CD changer?
What is MD-CH?
DOes DSP-AMP means the head unit can talk to the amplifier under the seat?

thanks
Roger

What is CD-CH2 ? What is MD-CH? woudl DSP-AMP means the head unit can talk to the amp?
Old 03-31-18, 06:30 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rogercador
I Apologize in advanced if that topic was coverd in GX470 Guide to Audio Troubleshooting.docx, but the link is currently down...

I had the 2006 GX470 serviced earlier this week by an independent shop, and when I retrieve the vehicle, there were no sounds coming out of my sound system.
I have the Mark Levinson system with Navigation, CD (NO Satellite). I had a BT receiver installed that is wired as the "MD player".

Everything "looks" like it is working. I can tune channel on the radio, I can start the CD (can hear it spin) but no sound coming from the speaker.
I checked the 2 fuses I know about (Radio 1 &2) in the engine compartment, and they are good. So I see two possible reasons:

Amplifier died -> need repair or swapped
or
My mechanic unconnected something as he was trying to remove/install the cabin air filter or when he "yank" my dashcam power cord who is router on the passenger side.

This is the picture of the diagnostic screen.
Could anyone translate this for me? Why woudl CD-CH2 show a fault if I'm apparenlty able to controll the CD changer?
What is MD-CH?
DOes DSP-AMP means the head unit can talk to the amplifier under the seat?

thanks
Roger

What is CD-CH2 ? What is MD-CH? woudl DSP-AMP means the head unit can talk to the amp?
Does the navigation sound work. Put in any destination and see of you hear instructions
Old 03-31-18, 07:26 PM
rogercador
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I should have mentioned it. The NAV sound and the Lexus BT for phone call work. it Comes out of the front left speaker. So it is driven by the "head unit" not the ML Amp under the seat.
I re-tested the CD player and I can change CD, change track... so from the point of view of the head unit everything seam to work.

Roger
Old 04-12-18, 02:58 PM
rogercador
Driver School Candidate

Default Intermitent!

Now the problem became intermitent!

After over a week of complete silence. The sound came back. Everythign worked for one day, the following morning it was gone...
than latter during the day it came back.

I did not notice if the "no sound / sound comming back again" was linked to a bump I hit while driving (could indicated that there is a bad connection somewhere)

are the symptoms of the Mark Levinson AMP failing start with intermittent loses?
Old 01-07-21, 08:36 AM
Vmi88
Driver School Candidate

Default Replaced Amp, stereo and fuses. Still No Sound

Unless my replacement amp a from eBay is bad, I have no other ideas. Anybody have a suggestion? I dont think I have the levenson stereo...no Nav and it was a pioneer amp that I replaced.
Old 07-03-21, 06:33 PM
bigphil001
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Vmi88
Unless my replacement amp a from eBay is bad, I have no other ideas. Anybody have a suggestion? I dont think I have the levenson stereo...no Nav and it was a pioneer amp that I replaced.
Did you ever get this figured out?