GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

DVD Override and Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-05, 04:11 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cap I just tried it and it worked!!!

OK that worked. The missing button I did not push before was the DVD button in that code sequence. Awesome find CAP. Now I have to muster up enough guts to do the DVD NAV bypass with the switch.

Last edited by Tony; 12-07-05 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-08-05, 02:20 PM
StarbuckGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with the 'code'

Cap - Tony ... help me out here... tried the 'code' on my '05 to no avail. Does the DVD button that you are referring to actually say 'Map DVD' on the screen after pressing Menu? Or is there a different DVD button that I am not seeing? Thanks guys!
Old 12-09-05, 09:32 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Starbuck

Correct me if Im wrong guys but the code sequence is different for the 05 NAV. If you go to the GS430 third generation forums there was a post for the 5th generation Nav code sequence that does the same thing.
Old 12-11-05, 11:10 PM
rgs
Driver School Candidate

Default rear monitor is blank & remote doesn't work

Does your rear monitor comes on automatically? Or do you need to turn it on with remote every time?

I didn't add the switch to this mod, but it works great. However, I have noticed that rear monitor doesn't come on automatically. Plus, it doesn't respond to remote. Once in awhile, it responds to remote and comes on (after pressing several buttons). I am thinking may be its the battery in remote is low. However, when the screen comes on, remote works fine. Front monitor works perfectly by playing DVD.

Often, rear screen just remains blank while front plays DVD or in NAV mode. No matter how much I (my kids) press the remote buttons, it's blank. Only way I can turn it back on is to eject and reinstall the DVD disk. Then the rear monitor comes back on. And remote works too.

I took it apart and played with the green wire to see if adding the switch might make any difference. It didn't. I didn't try to connect the speed sensor.

What is wrong with my DVD (rear monitor)? Since I cut the wire, I cannot take it to the dealer. I am stuck. Help....
Old 12-12-05, 08:32 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Just did the mod with the switch...works great Directions were good all the way up to the actual wiring.

Thus, the wiring should be (with the double throw switch):

violet/red strip from car - | - light green from car
violet/red strip from nav - | - light green from nav
empty - | - ground wire to car

Wire this way so that the nav unit wiring is always involved with the function of the switch, thus when switched up (using this diagram) the car wiring in normal, when switched down you have the mod.

I also noticed that the rear screen does not come on automatically, you actually have to press *DVD* on the remote to function...don't know if this is how it should operate. I guess I need to read the manual...
Old 12-12-05, 08:35 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony
Correct me if Im wrong guys but the code sequence is different for the 05 NAV. If you go to the GS430 third generation forums there was a post for the 5th generation Nav code sequence that does the same thing.
Yes the code sequence is different for '05+

from memory...go to menu, volume, press the top left screen, then bottom left screen, then top left screen, then bottom left screen. This will bring up the system...you then need to hold the system overide button (keep your finger on it) until it beeps.

then you are good to go.
Old 12-12-05, 10:20 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Code sequence

The '04 NAV code sequence worked for my wife's '04 Sienna XLE limited navigation and my friends '4 Toyota 4 runner.
Old 12-12-05, 10:42 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Cap got question

Cap or anyone on the mod with the switch do I need to buy extra wires to run from the cut wires to the switch?

So for example : Cut the violet wire, twisty connector the violet wire with store bought wire to the blank switch and solder the store bought wire to the blank switch is this correct? The store bought wires are so you can extend the length of the factory wires to the switch?

Also what gauge wires do I buy from radio shack?

Thanks guys I am not an electrician and dont know much about electronic hook ups.
Old 12-12-05, 01:58 PM
pdantoni
Driver School Candidate

Tony,

You do need to buy extra wires (extensions) to run from the cut wires to the switch and to the ground. I bought separate color coded wires for ease of installation. I used crimp connectors. The crimp connectors look like little aluminum tubes with plastic coding on the outside. I stripped a small portion of each wire and inserted the factory wire in one side and the extension wire in the other side; then crimped down on the connector to secure the wire and complete the connection. I used the same type of crimp connector to secure the extension wires to the switch. I don't remember what gauge wire I used. Ask the radio shack sales person for help.

I hope this helps.

Philip
Old 12-12-05, 02:02 PM
pdantoni
Driver School Candidate

Tony,

PS. Using the crimp connectors saved me from having to solder the wires. You may have to cut some of the plastic coding off the crimp connectors to use them with the switch.

Philip
Old 12-13-05, 05:00 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Thanks Philip

Thanks for the response ill go buy some at Radioshack.
Old 12-13-05, 05:44 PM
StarbuckGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KVA
Yes the code sequence is different for '05+

from memory...go to menu, volume, press the top left screen, then bottom left screen, then top left screen, then bottom left screen. This will bring up the system...you then need to hold the system overide button (keep your finger on it) until it beeps.

then you are good to go.
Worked perfectly... thanks much for the great memory!!
Old 01-05-06, 10:11 PM
minaz
Driver School Candidate

Default 2005 Gx470

Hi,
Anybody knows if 2005 GX470 has the same harness system as described here? I opened mine but it has 3 Harnesses as opposed to 4. Has anybody done a DVD override in a 2005 model yet? Please let me know?
Old 01-06-06, 04:43 AM
ABDULLATIF
Driver School Candidate

ithasonly three,use the first one and the same color as described in the bigginnig,if u have bluetooth it will work too
Old 01-06-06, 05:42 AM
minaz
Driver School Candidate

I will try that. Thanks brother.

Quick Reply: DVD Override and Pictures!