GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

So Far..

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-17, 01:55 PM
Tdoll
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default So Far..

I purchased my 07 GX470 back in April of this year. Really good service history, Near perfect interior ( for the year ). And so far I love it. I've done a few small things to make it mine. And I will probably keep doing things to it for the intire time I have it.
Window Tint
OEM Sport Headlight assemblies
New seat cusions driver side only.
New Cluster Bezel or Cover
Full Synthetic Oil
Remote Oil Bypass Filter Kit
Spark Plugs
Frnt and Rear DIff Change Synthetic
Stop Tech Pads and Rotors
Old 08-20-17, 04:57 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Dont forget the HID kit from xenondepot, Amazing performance increase in nighttime driving just from the low beams! I run their Extreme 5K kit in mine both lows and Fogs lights!!
Old 08-21-17, 01:55 AM
Tdoll
Driver

Originally Posted by Booyah
Dont forget the HID kit from xenondepot, Amazing performance increase in nighttime driving just from the low beams! I run their Extreme 5K kit in mine both lows and Fogs lights!!
I actually already have LED headlight bulbs. And I am VERY happy with them. Good suggestion though, thank you!
Old 08-21-17, 08:10 AM
tz693
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tdoll
I actually already have LED headlight bulbs. And I am VERY happy with them. Good suggestion though, thank you!
I am thinking LED too. Where did you get yours? How much brighter is LED than the stock? Does it get good light pattern over the stock since the headlight projector/reflector is not designed for LED bulb?
Old 08-21-17, 08:15 AM
kmchuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought those LED's and HID's headlights are actually worse than halogen because the enclosure is not designed for them. From what I read on candle light forums, they look cool and bright, but are actually less safe and inferior to halogens because of the way light is dispersed and focused.

You might also be blinding oncoming drivers because of mismatched housing and bulb, not sure if the headlights can be tilted manually to compensate for that. The reflection angles change significantly even for minor light source position or angle changes.

I used Leatherique on my seats, in the below picture passenger seat was completed and on drivers seat, oil was not taken off yet.

Last edited by kmchuk; 08-21-17 at 08:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MADUFF3 (08-23-17)
Old 08-21-17, 09:47 AM
Tdoll
Driver

Originally Posted by tz693
I am thinking LED too. Where did you get yours? How much brighter is LED than the stock? Does it get good light pattern over the stock since the headlight projector/reflector is not designed for LED bulb?
I bought mine off of Amazon, I went with the highest lumen, adjustable, least expensive, with good reviews. I spent $49.99 I believe.
The pattern is FAR superior to Halogen and I would wager that this set is as good or better than HID. LED on the Left, Halogen (oem) bulb on the Right.
Old 08-21-17, 09:51 AM
Tdoll
Driver

Originally Posted by kmchuk
I thought those LED's and HID's headlights are actually worse than halogen because the enclosure is not designed for them. From what I read on candle light forums, they look cool and bright, but are actually less safe and inferior to halogens because of the way light is dispersed and focused.

You might also be blinding oncoming drivers because of mismatched housing and bulb, not sure if the headlights can be tilted manually to compensate for that. The reflection angles change significantly even for minor light source position or angle changes.

I used Leatherique on my seats, in the below picture passenger seat was completed and on drivers seat, oil was not taken off yet.
The LED, HID problem is real and undeniable! With that being said, it's all about the bulb and the application. I have found that OEM Projection Beam Assemblies work very well with some LED and/or HID bulbs. I chose to buy LED because I have HID in another one of my vehicles and for me, the LED produces better light. My preference only.
Those seats looks amazing! Car to share in detail how you did that?
Old 08-21-17, 06:07 PM
kmchuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The seats are amazingly soft now. I bought the Leatherique 32oz kit from amazon, and followed instructions from below youtube video, we left the oil on the seats for 3 days, 2 days under the sun would have been enough, but it rained here, so we had to leave it out for an extra day. We had to apply to drivers seat multiple times and still only needed less than half of it.

Do not apply the oil to the leather steering wheel, but can be applied bottom leather cover around gear and 4x4 levers.

Amazon Amazon

http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Pack...are-32oz-P361/ this comes with 303 that you can use for dash and other plastic.
The following 2 users liked this post by kmchuk:
MADUFF3 (08-23-17), Tdoll (08-22-17)