GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

TechStream V12.10.019

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-17, 07:10 PM
tomclayton
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TechStream V12.10.019

Bought earlier version of TechStream from Alekslale on EBAY. Had problems with installation. Turned out to be the old 32 bit computer, replaced that with a refurb 64-bit W10. Still wouldn't install. Alekslale worked tirelessly with me to solve the problem and finally replaced my old software with this very latest version. I'm a novice and the installation was flawless and took less than 1 hour. Hooked up right away and communicated with all 17 ECUs on my 2009 GX. Even changed the timer on the lights for a test. Works great!!! Alekslale is great!!! Costs twice what the China knockoffs do but it's 100 times better. I recommend that anyone considering an OBDII scanner and software should definitely get this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-TOYOTA-...MAAOSwR29ZN95F
Old 06-13-17, 05:53 AM
bluedurama
Rookie

Default Similar experience

I bought this version and could not get it installed myself. Finally brought in son in law for help and got it working. Something like 24 steps to install. Works great now and have been able to make desired adjustments to car.
Old 06-13-17, 07:23 AM
ghetterly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at the ebay link but the guy specifically won't ship to Canada. Would anyone be interested in acting as a forwarder for me? I will buy the TechStream, ship it to you, and you could forward it on to me. I will pay shipping of course.
Old 06-13-17, 12:38 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I had issues at first with his kit. Finally turned off virus protection and wifi and got it going. Really good guy who is in a much different time zone than me.
Old 06-13-17, 06:29 PM
tomclayton
Driver School Candidate

Oh Yeah, forgot to mention that any Antivirus sees the software as a virus and will cancel installation and even delete it from the originating folder. I had to completely uninstall AVAST because even turning it off was not good enough. That was the only little bump I found in the road. That computer is dedicated to TechStream and resides in the garage with the grease gun totally disconnected from the internet or WiFi so if there is a virus, I won't be spreading it. Haven't heard of anybody on any of the Toyota forums having an ECU damaged by TechStream. That would be my only worry.
Just thought of one other thing I learned with the earlier software and failed installations - you have to have Java for TechStream software to run. With the old XP machine I couldn't find a 32-bit version of Java. That and a snail pace chip doomed the computer. The refurb was a 2.6 GHz I5 with 4 MB of RAM. TechStream literally 'flies' on that thing - no watching a spinning blue ball.

Last edited by tomclayton; 06-13-17 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-13-17, 06:47 PM
tomclayton
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ghetterly
I looked at the ebay link but the guy specifically won't ship to Canada. Would anyone be interested in acting as a forwarder for me? I will buy the TechStream, ship it to you, and you could forward it on to me. I will pay shipping of course.
I know that Canada has some pretty strict customs/import laws. If the vendor is unwilling to ship there I would be leary also, wouldn't want the Mounties to come calling. Have you tried other vendors?
Old 06-14-17, 09:58 AM
ghetterly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not so much that they restrict what you can bring in, it's more that they want to make sure you pay the correct taxes when it comes across the border!

I've looked on ebay, but most vendors are selling the cheap Chinese ones. I was hoping to buy a decent tool.
Old 06-14-17, 02:40 PM
tomclayton
Driver School Candidate

ghetterly, PM me at tomclayton822@gmail.com to answer some questions and we won't bog down this forum.
Old 07-08-17, 08:54 PM
tomclayton
Driver School Candidate

Working with scanner last evening. Older computer, poor battery. Everything locked up when the battery got low - thought it had all bought the farm - Air Bag warning started flashing. Nothing worked [even ALT ESC DEL], so I forced a shutdown. Shut down, r/r battery, and charged fully. Everything worked perfectly today. Make sure your battery is fully charged or have it plugged up all the time.
Old 07-23-17, 07:29 PM
tomclayton
Driver School Candidate

This is definitely not the quality of software Ross-Tech has developed for the VW/Audi etc where you could go in at technician level and change codes, but it works for us who are 'average Joes'. Haven't found the Service Interval Reset codes yet. Advice appreciated. Everything else is pretty much self explanatory. Scan and enjoy.