GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 w/Nav Solution for Aftermarket Stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-18, 10:24 AM
Tdoll
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by IanB2
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
hehehehe

Good Find with the spec years Much Appreciated!
Old 01-15-18, 02:10 PM
TDC1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the information - the pictures look great! Can you keep us posted on any issues that mar arise. My only hesitation is the quality of manufacturer since the unit controls multiple devices.

Has anyone heard of the manufacturer before?
Old 01-15-18, 06:08 PM
BeEvil
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

@TDC1 - I’ll update if I find any problems. So far so good and quality looks good. My mechanic was extremely impressed. He has a few customers that are also interested in getting this system. He wouldn’t recommend it if he didn’t think it was good.
Old 01-16-18, 04:21 AM
tomtbone
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BeEvil
@TDC1 - I’ll update if I find any problems. So far so good and quality looks good. My mechanic was extremely impressed. He has a few customers that are also interested in getting this system. He wouldn’t recommend it if he didn’t think it was good.
Sounds good. The Phoenix audio one seems to be popular with the facebook group, I think they are even possibly doing a group buy for it.
Old 01-16-18, 06:08 AM
kdburtch
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone
Sounds good. The Phoenix audio one seems to be popular with the facebook group, I think they are even possibly doing a group buy for it.

if they do let us know, I would definitely be in
Old 01-17-18, 05:43 AM
jstarmark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this one on Ebay. It s seems the specs are about the same. Any thoughts?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112732390153
Old 01-17-18, 06:05 AM
BeEvil
Driver

Originally Posted by jstarmark
I saw this one on Ebay. It s seems the specs are about the same. Any thoughts?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112732390153

It looks ok. If you are dead set on having the physical buttons then it's an option. I'd rather go with the larger screen with no buttons. It completely transforms the interior too, so much more modern looking vehicle. Plus the added screen size is spectacular. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by BeEvil; 01-19-18 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-19-18, 08:57 AM
BeEvil
Driver

Just a quick update on the Android system I had installed. The one thing I've noticed is it doesn't like bitter cold. I have to park outside despite having a 3 car garage that can actually hold 4 cars. Don't ask. I have an addiction but I'm working on it. The system takes about 5 min. to "warm up" before the screen will come to life. All settings still work, like radio and heat/fan works but you can't change anything until the screen comes to life. Not a huge deal but just something I've observed. I'll continue to update if/when I find an issue. Still very impressed by this Android unit. Has really made the purchase of the GX470 an even better purchase than I could have ever hoped for. Super impressed.
Old 01-19-18, 06:30 PM
mikedmr
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@BeEvil I'm thinking of upgrading my system as well. Saw the same unit at aliexpress and also stumbled upon this discussion. Some questions bro before i jump the gun.

1. Is your GX470 US spec?
2. Does it have the Mark Levinson Speaker system and Amps?
3. Can you verify in your settings if this DLC unit is compatible with the 360deg Camera system.

Much Appreciated!
Old 01-19-18, 08:31 PM
BeEvil
Driver

@mikedmr

1. Yes my GX is US spec
2. Yes I have the Levinson speakers and amps
3. It seems to be compatible but confirm with the seller. I asked many questions before buying and they were very helpful.

Good luck and keep us in the loop as to what you decide.

Last edited by BeEvil; 01-21-18 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-20-18, 04:34 AM
mikedmr
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@BeEvil

Will do update this channel once i decide to get the device.

The following users liked this post:
BeEvil (01-20-18)
Old 01-20-18, 07:14 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 520 Likes on 433 Posts

Just a quick update on the Android system I had installed. The one thing I've noticed is it doesn't like bitter cold. I have to park outside despite having a 3 car garage that can actually hold 4 cars. Don't ask. I have an addiction but I'm working on it. The system takes about 5 min. to "warm up" before the screen will come to life. All settings still work, like radio and heat/fan works but you can't change anything until the screen comes to life. Not a huge deal but just something I've observed. I'll continue to update if/when I find an issue. Still very impressed by this Android unit. Has really made the purchase of the GX470 an even better purchase than I could have ever hoped for. Super impressed.
That's an important observation, and a great reason to consider a unit with physical HVAC controls if you live where it's cold. The wife would not be jazzed if the HVAC controls were "frozen" any time she left work in the winter.
Old 01-20-18, 08:54 AM
BeEvil
Driver

@IanB2

The heat still works. What ever the last setting was will still be set and working when you start the vehicle. You just can’t change the settings until the Android comes to life. So not a huge deal. Just informing everyone about what I’ve observed so far.
Old 01-20-18, 09:45 AM
tomtbone
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@IanB2

The heat still works. What ever the last setting was will still be set and working when you start the vehicle. You just can’t change the settings until the Android comes to life. So not a huge deal. Just informing everyone about what I’ve observed so far.
ANy idea how cold it has to be to lose responsiveness?
Old 01-20-18, 09:50 AM
Tdoll
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IanB2
That's an important observation, and a great reason to consider a unit with physical HVAC controls if you live where it's cold. The wife would not be jazzed if the HVAC controls were "frozen" any time she left work in the winter.
That is exactly why I want physical buttons. Very willing to give up screen room for some physical buttons.

Quick Reply: GX470 w/Nav Solution for Aftermarket Stereo?