GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Setting the door lock function

Old 04-09-03, 05:42 AM
Kbach
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Setting the door lock function

Got this fron the dealer the other day. You can set the following auto door locking and unlocking functions. All times must be EXACT or it will not work.

(a) Locking linked with the shift position

All the dooor are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

(c) Locking linked with the vehicle speed

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

(d) All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

Setting the functions
1. Close all the doors.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position;
+To set function (a)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.
+To set function (b)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.
+To set fuction (c)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".
+To set function (d)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If you want to cancel a function, repeat the procedure. Each time you perform the procedure, the function is set or cancelled.
The following users liked this post:
ahlston (05-22-17)
Old 04-09-03, 09:03 AM
raybeck
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kbach

Hey thanks so much for posting that! It drives me crazy to have to constantly remember to unlock every one else's door after turning off the car. It will be wonderful to set it where they all unlock at the same time.
Appreciate the info!
Old 04-09-03, 10:22 AM
JocDoc
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Thanks Kbach,

I tried the fix and it worked perfectly! I too disliked having to manually unlock everyone's door after stopping.

Ed
Old 04-09-03, 01:13 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

any idea on how to disable the autolocking feature altogether?
Old 04-09-03, 01:29 PM
lyxxsx1
Driver

Yep, it works for me too! Thanks a bunch kbach, you rock!
Old 04-10-03, 07:07 PM
D4SSWME
Driver

Default Can't get it to work

I've been trying for over 30-minutes now and can't seem to get it to work.

Followed instructions to the letter and can't seem to figure out why it's not working.

Please help!

At first, I placed the key in the "on" position then I pressed the power door lock button in the rear portion for five seconds and let go but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-10-03, 07:35 PM
gx470
Driver School Candidate

I was able to set the unlocking based on shift position but I didn't have any luck setting locking based on vehicle speed. Has any one tried that option yet?

Thanks for the info! It' s really helpful!
Old 04-10-03, 07:45 PM
D4SSWME
Driver

Thumbs up Yes!!!

gave it one more shot before having dinner and got the "b" and "c" function to work.

Yahoo!!!
Old 04-12-03, 07:17 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

ohh very nice.. i just did the ( b ) when you change it from drive to park it unlocks... better then having people in teh back open it regulally
Old 04-20-03, 08:41 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

C requires you to leave the vehicle in park before holding the front part of the lock switch for 5 seconds. At least on my vehicle.
Old 04-20-03, 08:43 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VERY IMPORTANT NOTES IN MAKING THIS WORK

If you don't make it very close to 5 seconds, it will not work. The trick I used was to watch the blinking : on the clock. As soon as I held the lock down, the first : blink thereafter was 1 and so on till 5. That works on the mark. Till then, I must have tried 10 times with no success.
Old 05-05-03, 03:54 AM
Mike825
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Thanks Kbach,

The information regarding setting the options on for the door lock function was VERY helpful. I have been trying to get this information from my dealer and the only answer I ever got was to bring it in for a service appointment. Also, I purchased the 2 volume repair manual and it outlined what the various options were, but NOT how to change them. Needless to say I was very disappointed after I spent $300 on the manuals - but I'm sure they'll come in handy for something else.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the auto-tilt and telescope function of the steering wheel when the key is inserted? This is an annoyance to me. Once again, the shop manual says it can be disabled, but now how. Anyone know of a friendly dealer that's willing to provide this information?

Thanks again Kbach - you've made me a happy guy!
Old 05-05-03, 07:09 PM
hipcheck
Driver School Candidate

You can disable the auto-tilt thingee. I turned mine off. Your dealer can do it in a couple of minutes. They did mine quick one day.

Note that some techs haven't figured out all the functions yet, but it can be done.

Dave
Old 05-06-03, 03:58 AM
Mike825
Driver School Candidate

I was hoping to be able to disable the auto-tilt/telescope function without taking the car back to the dealer. I wonder if this is possible? All I heard from them when I wanted to disable to auto door lock function was that only the dealer could do it - until I read the excellent post from Kbach.
Old 10-26-03, 03:31 PM
Jim Bob
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Will this work?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Setting the door lock function