GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

VIDEO TUTORIAL: How To change your turn signal light bulbs and how to upgrade to LED

Old 09-10-15, 03:52 PM
JeffO
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default VIDEO TUTORIAL: How To change your turn signal light bulbs and how to upgrade to LED

Hi folks, you might recall my sticky I posted a few years ago here with instructions and step by step photos on how to change the turn signal bulbs on your Lexus GX470, and it really applies to many Lexus and Toyota models as well as models from other manufacturers.

After tons of excited positive feedback on my post and numerous requests, we finally made a high definition video for you which shows you how to change your turn signal bulbs yourself in 5 minutes, along with bonus tips and tutorial for you to upgrade your light bulbs to LED, and all the technical issues you have to deal with such as load resistors. We have the video and write-up with photos here for you:

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articl...de-to-leds.htm

The YouTube video on our blog post above has 2 tutorials contained in it:

1) How to change your turn signal light bulbs in about 5 minutes

2) How to upgrade your turn signal light bulbs to LED, and we show you all the caveats, scams to avoid with LED light bulb vendors, and show you scientifically why you need a load resistor if you upgrade to LED bulbs, and we show you how to install the load resistors and crimp them onto the wiring harness. The video also covers alternatives to LED load resistors, such as turn signal flasher module units that have built-in compatibility with both LED and filament light bulbs.

The rest of the blog post linked above actually has lots of photos and instructions, along with the YouTube video containing the 2 tutorials.

I hope you find our video and our blog post useful. If you're sick of changing your glass filament turn signal bulb every few months, you might want to seriously consider upgrading to LED bulbs.

Also, for completeness, here is the original sticky link here on Club Lexus Forums to the original post I made in 2010 with the old instructions, still being used by hundreds of satisfied Lexus owners today:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...xus-gx470.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by JeffO; 09-10-15 at 04:32 PM.