GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Dangerous and Unsafe Vehicle after emissions failure or gas cap

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-15, 12:50 PM
TRW
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Globalinx
I have 2005 gx. Another day while driving the check engine light came on, followed by the rest TRAC OFF, vsc off, skid... A few seconds later. I did read a lot on this as my old 03 had the same without the check engine light, it was a speed sensor, and a steering positioning sensor. So now with the check engine on my 05, its an obvious emissions system issue. Seriously WTF? Why my life and my passengers life had to be intentionally endangered by TOYOTA during a snow fall? Why in the world they designed a car that will shut off safety features such as skid and traction control which also impairs the all wheel drive because of an emissions failure? Whats next from Toyota? Wheels will fall off or steering wheel lock when an O2 sensor fails, or a gas cap not tight enough? I swear my family and i have been toyota product people for 10s of years, but this kind of intentional endangerment is not acceptable and is a complete absurd!!! And im about to start a safety campaign against Toyota vehicles if this issue wont be addressed and fixed by the company. Can anyone guide me to whom i may forward this complain at toyota?
Btw, any one knows if 08+ sequoia has the same issue as i was gonna get one, and if anyone knows whats a good comparing vehicle would be from another manufacturer which doesn't uneceserrely jeopardize lives of people?
Update:
For now i bought an OBD code scanner/eraser tool for $80. It showed "catalyst efficiency". So i deleted the code and it was okay for the first 500 miles. Had to do it again today. TOYOTA better hope that due to their atrocious disregard to safety and peoples lives nor myself or anyone else do not get hurt while taking an off ramp in the snow or slippery conditions, because of low quality cats they had put in in the first place.
Thanks guys
I'm sorry Toyota is trying to kill you and your family.

Google is your friend:
"When the Check Engine light comes on, the Slip, VCS and Trac lights are also set. This is a self-preservation mechanism, that turns these systems off, in case the reason the engine light is on can harm or effect these systems. SO- fix the reason the Engine Light is on, and the other systems will come back online.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/lexus/6cpfy-lexus-gx470-2005-gx470-4-warning-lights-morning.html#ixzz3OjjEmgYG"

This is standard practice dude, get a grip... It's a truck with full time 4WD, I think you'll make it.