GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Warranty Enhancement - Cracked Dash Replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-14, 04:16 AM
sprocket
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's all commit to coming back to this thread as we receive letters from Lexus and attempt to get our dashes replaced. I don't use my local Lexus dealer for service, and I wonder how long they will make me wait.
Old 12-31-14, 05:27 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sprocket, the dealership gets paid from Lexus for the repair so they should want all the work they can get.
Old 01-01-15, 08:50 AM
SmittysGX
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx Sproket for the thread. Ill be hitting my Lexus Dealership up real soon. DO you think this is something that we need to wait for the letter or can we just contact the dealer we bought the vehicle from and inquire about the warranty issue? Thx again!!
Old 01-02-15, 08:52 AM
Tact
Driver

Originally Posted by SmittysGX
Thx Sproket for the thread. Ill be hitting my Lexus Dealership up real soon. DO you think this is something that we need to wait for the letter or can we just contact the dealer we bought the vehicle from and inquire about the warranty issue? Thx again!!
I wouldn't wait. I contacted my dealer and they have ordered my dash to be installed next week.
Old 01-03-15, 01:44 PM
brent95m3
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called my dealer in Austin and they told me they won't be getting parts until May so to call back then.
Old 01-04-15, 08:29 PM
GreatHim
Rookie

so i wonder what the prospect would be for me to have my anti-theft computer replaced durring this recall...? yesterday my GX dropped all the coding for the transponder and wont start now. if its just a matter of re-flashing the computer and reprogramming the key then great, but if it turns out i need a new A-T ECU or amp i might be in luck on the labor to get to it... as the whole dash would have to come out anyways to get to those... do you think i stand a chance on the dealer doing the work and just charging me the cost of parts to do this? i will be calling them monday morning
Old 01-05-15, 06:14 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by GreatHim
so i wonder what the prospect would be for me to have my anti-theft computer replaced durring this recall...? yesterday my GX dropped all the coding for the transponder and wont start now. if its just a matter of re-flashing the computer and reprogramming the key then great, but if it turns out i need a new A-T ECU or amp i might be in luck on the labor to get to it... as the whole dash would have to come out anyways to get to those... do you think i stand a chance on the dealer doing the work and just charging me the cost of parts to do this? i will be calling them monday morning
I expect that would not be covered, as it's a totally different thing.

Chip H.
Old 01-05-15, 12:19 PM
BlackCat81
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine isn't cracked, but gets this weird film on it that needs to be wiped off every few days. I have no idea what it is, but it wipes off just fine but always comes back.
Old 01-05-15, 08:30 PM
GreatHim
Rookie

Originally Posted by chiph9
I expect that would not be covered, as it's a totally different thing.

Chip H.
but if they have to pull the dash to do the recall and the have to pull the dash to replace the anti-theft computer... why not do both at the same time...?

i know i will have to pay for the new computer and programming ect, but why should i have to pay for the dash removal when thats under warranty?
Old 01-06-15, 06:43 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

{shrug} Can't hurt to ask them, I suppose.

Chip H.
Old 01-06-15, 06:48 AM
brent95m3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GreatHim
but if they have to pull the dash to do the recall and the have to pull the dash to replace the anti-theft computer... why not do both at the same time...?

i know i will have to pay for the new computer and programming ect, but why should i have to pay for the dash removal when thats under warranty?
You'll be fine. You'll have to to pay the additional labor above and beyond pulling the dash but expect it to be minimal, an hour or less. I had this done on other vehicles with no problem, just be nice to them.
Old 01-07-15, 10:58 PM
is503
Driver School Candidate

Brought mine in yesterday, after 1/2 hr, they found the recall. I live in the PAC nw, so they don't get many cracked dashes. But they acknowledge everything, but stated lexus will be rolling things out in May, and that's when they'll get my dash replaced.
Old 01-08-15, 10:21 AM
SmittysGX
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by is503
Brought mine in yesterday, after 1/2 hr, they found the recall. I live in the PAC nw, so they don't get many cracked dashes. But they acknowledge everything, but stated lexus will be rolling things out in May, and that's when they'll get my dash replaced.
good news!!! What year and mileage is your GX?
Old 01-08-15, 12:25 PM
is503
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SmittysGX
good news!!! What year and mileage is your GX?
2004 w/ 153k.
Old 01-08-15, 12:52 PM
nhighum
Driver School Candidate

So how do we know if we fall under the Primary or Secondary? My initial use was 11/27/2004 ... so I'm past the 10 year limit. Am I stuck with my sticky dash?

Quick Reply: Warranty Enhancement - Cracked Dash Replacement!