GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Warranty Enhancement - Cracked Dash Replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-15, 06:33 PM
cdew002
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nhighum
So how do we know if we fall under the Primary or Secondary? My initial use was 11/27/2004 ... so I'm past the 10 year limit. Am I stuck with my sticky dash?
Regardless of anything else, we all fall under the primary coverage currently and have until May 31st 2017 to have it replaced. I imagine the secondary coverage is for vehicles that are newer and may not develop a cracked dash until after the primary warranty is expired. In that case, Lexus has determined it will be liable for 10 years after it was made. So a 2008 is covered until 2018.

Cliff
Old 01-08-15, 08:01 PM
colink1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's good to know that Lexus of Austin is aware of this bulletin. I will be sure to ask on my next visit.
Old 01-09-15, 08:31 AM
FlzRider
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome news! Thanks for posting!
Old 01-11-15, 05:13 AM
sprocket
Pole Position

Called my local dealer yesterday, Lexus of Orlando. They are the most unfriendly group of people at every level in every department. No wonder I avoid the place.

The service scheduler was aware of the dashboard program. She told me to wait until I get the second letter. When I told her I had not received the first letter, she told me to call Lexus Corporate. I'm properly registered on Lexusdrivers.com. Anyone else not get a letter? Any idea why some received the letter and others did not?
Old 01-11-15, 08:50 AM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My experience

Originally Posted by sprocket
Called my local dealer yesterday, Lexus of Orlando. They are the most unfriendly group of people at every level in every department. No wonder I avoid the place.

The service scheduler was aware of the dashboard program. She told me to wait until I get the second letter. When I told her I had not received the first letter, she told me to call Lexus Corporate. I'm properly registered on Lexusdrivers.com. Anyone else not get a letter? Any idea why some received the letter and others did not?
I have a 2006 (with just a bit over 100k miles) that developed one big and three small cracks (all on PS of the dash) about 14 months ago. After reading this thread here, I contacted my service advisor. He had not heard of the "recall" however he advised me to call Lexus...which I did. Lexus representative asked me to let the local service dealership look at the dash and open up a ticket. I found out yesterday that I will be getting a new dash next week

I don't know why this went through this quickly....whole thing took less than a week. I never received any letter, just followed up after reading this thread. I continue to be impressed by their service. Perhaps, this is the reason I have been a loyal Lexus fan for the last two decades.
Old 01-16-15, 09:02 AM
cdew002
Pole Position

So... have any GX owners received a letter yet?
Old 01-18-15, 11:33 AM
mustangpro
Driver School Candidate

Nothing yet, visiting Flow Lexus Wednesday to trigger some reaction. At least open a ticket.
Old 01-19-15, 07:57 AM
Tact
Driver

Dealer called and said my dash in finished being installed and ready to pick up, but he says it needs a new battery. They are having a hard time jump starting it and keeping it running. Funny thing is that the battery is only two years old and still under warranty.

What could they have done by replacing the dash that would effect the battery or starting of the car. Just seems odd that it was fine when we dropped it off Friday and now after the dash was installed there is an issue with the battery. I guess the battery could have crapped out over the weekend, but it just seems odd.
Old 01-19-15, 08:40 AM
cdew002
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tact
Dealer called and said my dash in finished being installed and ready to pick up, but he says it needs a new battery. They are having a hard time jump starting it and keeping it running. Funny thing is that the battery is only two years old and still under warranty.

What could they have done by replacing the dash that would effect the battery or starting of the car. Just seems odd that it was fine when we dropped it off Friday and now after the dash was installed there is an issue with the battery. I guess the battery could have crapped out over the weekend, but it just seems odd.
If they are having a hard time keeping it running, seems more likely to be an alternator issue, not the battery.

My two year old battery just crapped out. Had a hole in the top. No clue how it got there.
Old 01-19-15, 04:05 PM
Tipler
Pit Crew

logged in nothing showing for me either
Old 01-19-15, 08:31 PM
NR04
Rookie

Originally Posted by cdew002
So... have any GX owners received a letter yet?
I received my letter last week and I'm the second owner. I never took the vehicle to the dealer but they got my address from the Lexus website I used to look up the previous maintenance work.

The good news is that I literally found a very small crack on the passenger side yesterday. Now I will just get it replaced and not worry about it since I'm keeping the truck indefinitely.
Old 01-20-15, 06:56 AM
SmittysGX
Driver

Originally Posted by NR04
I received my letter last week and I'm the second owner. I never took the vehicle to the dealer but they got my address from the Lexus website I used to look up the previous maintenance work.

The good news is that I literally found a very small crack on the passenger side yesterday. Now I will just get it replaced and not worry about it since I'm keeping the truck indefinitely.
Very nice!! I have not received a letter yet. Probably time to call the dealer we bought it from and start this proses.
Old 01-20-15, 07:37 AM
Tact
Driver

Just picked up my GX from the dealer today with a new dash.
Old 01-20-15, 10:41 AM
Tipler
Pit Crew

Update , Today I received my Lexus Letter ,
My initial use was date is 09/29/2003
My GX 2004 38,000 org miles.

Covers
Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until May 31, 2017 regardless of milage or date of the vehicle ..

WOW now to check my dashboard .
Old 01-20-15, 10:42 AM
Tipler
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Tact
Just picked up my GX from the dealer today with a new dash.
how does it look for color match ? and how long to replace ?

TIA

Quick Reply: Warranty Enhancement - Cracked Dash Replacement!