GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-13, 06:22 PM
jmgraham78
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or you can get a carbon one from www.rockauto.com for less than $15.... Carbon is Carbon is Carbon...

Just sayin'
Old 12-10-13, 06:27 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jmgraham78
or you can get a carbon one from www.rockauto.com for less than $15.... Carbon is Carbon is Carbon...

Just sayin'

OEM is OEM...just sayin'. I can't believe I just repeated that ignorant phrase.
Old 12-10-13, 07:30 PM
jmgraham78
Driver School Candidate

you fell into my maniacal plan. I was actually wondering who makes the OEM filters and such for the Lexus. I am quite honestly from the Audi scene and we use MANN. Wondering if Lexus uses WIX, or Denso or some other "brand:...
Old 12-19-13, 06:04 PM
UpStarr
Pit Crew

Local dealer price for cabin filter...$55 arghhh

thanks for the links
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2005/2473.html
&

www.rockauto.com

Last edited by UpStarr; 12-19-13 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-20-13, 10:01 AM
jmgraham78
Driver School Candidate

OEM manufacturer is denso, which can be had via rock auto the cheapest, just fyi
Old 01-21-14, 01:33 PM
GX470Fan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, I'm wondering where you can get an OEM cabin air filter so in expensively? When I went to my Toyota Dealership, with the Lexus part number, they wanted almost $37 for it. So when I went to Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed (providing them with an OEM oil filter to use, of course), they "only" wanted about $34 to replace the cabin air filter, so I went with them and was satisfied. I was surprised that they even HAD the part in stock. They are going to re-order more for me for the next time. I replace the cabin air filter pretty often due to where I live (very dusty) and how I drive. My two cents.
Old 01-21-14, 07:03 PM
YoshiMan
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

A Denso Carbon filter will run you less than $10 on Rockauto.com, which will be the exact same one you get from the Dealer.
Old 01-21-14, 10:17 PM
caesosa
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Has anybody noticed a significant difference in a carbon filter over the standard filter? That is the only difference that matters to me.
Old 01-23-14, 03:57 PM
UpStarr
Pit Crew

I just pulled my filter out and blew it with my air compressor! Looks fine to me. I spent the $25 on a bottle of Hennessey that was suppose to be for a new filter I’ll eventually buy one, but…..

Im curious to know as well what the noticable differences are between carbon vs. standard filters
Old 01-23-14, 04:07 PM
jmgraham78
Driver School Candidate

$10 at rock auto and the rest on booze sounds good to me...
Old 01-27-14, 11:32 AM
GX470Fan
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that's a great price on a Carbon filter. I'm definitely going to order a half dozen to have on hand for my next few changes. I'm really particular about keeping that filter clean because of where I live (very dusty), how I drive (lots of running around town, stop and go traffic, although it's a VERY small town) and the fact that I like knowing my air is as clean as possible. I've found that keeping a clean cabin air filter also keeps the particulates in my cabin to a minimum. Quickly, on another topic, I've made the great mistake of letting my Wife drive my GX a few times recently. Now she's referring to it as "our GX"! Uh, oh. She's also saying that now SHE wants one just like mine, except she wants it in Salsa Red, just like her current 4Runner. I guess after we refi the house, we will be a two GX family. She says it's the nicest vehicle she's ever driven. Of course I agree with her on that, but she needs to get her own ASAP, : )!
Old 01-27-14, 12:08 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GX470Fan
I've made the great mistake of letting my Wife drive my GX a few times recently. Now she's referring to it as "our GX"! Uh, oh. She's also saying that now SHE wants one just like mine, except she wants it in Salsa Red, just like her current 4Runner. I guess after we refi the house, we will be a two GX family. She says it's the nicest vehicle she's ever driven. Of course I agree with her on that, but she needs to get her own ASAP, : )!
A member on here recently bought a salsa red GX. I really like that color! There's a few GXs in my area. I've seen every color except nautical blue and salsa red. When looking for a GX I never saw a salsa red come up. I guess it must've only been a color option on the newer 1st gen GXs that's why they're popping up now.
Old 01-27-14, 01:55 PM
GX470Fan
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I've only seen ons around where I live, but it's a REALLY small, Colorado mountain town. I usually have to go to the Denver Metro area to find my "new" vehicles. I'm assuming I'll have to do the same for the Wife when the time comes. It's going to require a bit of luck to find her exactly what she wants. I got pretty lucky with my (silver) GX, loaded with the Sports Package and everything (except LexusLink and Rear Entertainment). I was more focused on the "whole" truck versus the color. My Wife won't need the KDSS, the Sports Package, etc. She "just" wants a Salsa Red GX after driving mine a few times. Damn, : )!
Old 11-15-14, 01:43 PM
jpnut
Rookie

Where does the hook retract to? I don't have one and I get a lot of passenger knees startled!
Old 11-17-14, 06:54 AM
DirtyGX
Rookie

Here's a shot of my cabin filter when I replaced it:

Quick Reply: Cabin Air Filter