Lubricate front shaft bushing- DIY Help - Club Lexus Forums


Lubricate front shaft bushing- DIY Help

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-13, 12:27 PM   #1
gxman1
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Lubricate front shaft bushing- DIY Help

I noticed every 30k service they mention

Lubricate front shaft bushing
(I am not talking about 6 zerks fittings on 2 driveshafts)
I am assuming this is PITA, however, I found a tool slee sells it to make the job lot easier.

What are DIYer advice?
Also PO changes the CV boots recently, you think they performed this service?
gxman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 04:29 AM   #2
ALAN553
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 906
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

never heard this topic mentined before, but it is on the service schedule. I just relaced both front axle/CV boots so I guess i am good for another 140K, becasue I never did this before.
ALAN553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 07:36 AM   #3
gxman1
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Thanks Alan,
supposed to be every 30K. I will try to tackle this job soon, will take some pictures. here is what 100 series are doing. I am not sure if this applies to GX 470

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-c...-bushings.html

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/...ol_detail.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN553 View Post
never heard this topic mentined before, but it is on the service schedule. I just relaced both front axle/CV boots so I guess i am good for another 140K, becasue I never did this before.
gxman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 08:18 AM   #4
ALAN553
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 906
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman1 View Post
Thanks Alan,
supposed to be every 30K. I will try to tackle this job soon, will take some pictures. here is what 100 series are doing. I am not sure if this applies to GX 470

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-c...-bushings.html

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/...ol_detail.html
i saw that, it was the only thing that came up when i googled the topic. out of all the OCD people on this website , present company included, i am amazed the topic has never come up.
ALAN553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 12:31 PM   #5
gxman1
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN553 View Post
i saw that, it was the only thing that came up when i googled the topic. out of all the OCD people on this website , present company included, i am amazed the topic has never come up.
Let's see if Man777 and RC has any additional input.

Last edited by gxman1; 11-12-13 at 03:00 PM.
gxman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 02:33 PM   #6
RCsGX
Lexus Champion
 
RCsGX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ★ᚱᚱ≤≤★
Posts: 1,811
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm passing it to Mann777, I don't know anything about this procedure.
RCsGX is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new rear and front propeller shaft shyguyF GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) 4 05-17-17 06:30 AM
98 es300 wiper screeching 80es300 ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) 12 09-15-16 11:55 AM
RE: Sometimes itís the little things pbxcomm GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 3 08-16-16 06:00 AM
Front Axle Shaft Bushings aljodoro GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) 10 04-18-14 08:07 AM
Lubricate drive shaft and re-torque nuts and bolts dcdyd RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 5 05-13-12 07:48 AM


Tags
470, axel, axle, bushing, bushings, front, gx, gx470, lube, lubricate, shaft

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send