GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Overhead Console?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 08:22 AM
lbehrens
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overhead Console?

I am upgrading my 2007 GX from aftermarket overhead DVD to dual headrest DVD. After removing overhead DVD will have a larger hole than orig dome light will cover. Anyone know of any sources for an overhead console for storage (DVDs, etc - nothing huge) that could be put in place of the overhead DVD I am removing? Am having work done at car toys and only fix they offer is a vinyl wrap something to cover hole & replace orig dome light. Thanks!
Old 09-17-13, 09:39 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by lbehrens
I am upgrading my 2007 GX from aftermarket overhead DVD to dual headrest DVD. After removing overhead DVD will have a larger hole than orig dome light will cover. Anyone know of any sources for an overhead console for storage (DVDs, etc - nothing huge) that could be put in place of the overhead DVD I am removing? Am having work done at car toys and only fix they offer is a vinyl wrap something to cover hole & replace orig dome light. Thanks!
You could take your overhead plastic bezel to a plexiglass shop and get a smoked plexiglass frame to go around your plastic bezel that would cover the area needed covered. You could get the edges rounded and perhaps they might have some color more opaque