GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2009 GX470 ML Audio Stumper!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-23, 04:35 PM
chiplamb
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 GX470 ML Audio Stumper!

Subject vehicle is a 2009 GX470 with Mark Levinson, NAV and factory Satellite radio.
Symptom/Complaint: Right channel is faint but only on Satellite and CD. Putting it on Surround makes it worse.
Everything is fine and balanced on FM Stereo and Tape (yes, Tape!)
Just had a bunch of stuff up in the left rear passenger compartment to get at the fuel pump, thought I might have disturbed something but I don't think so!
I have reviewed the original satellite install instructions and disconnected/reconnected all connections at the amp (including where the satellite harness comes into the picture and splices into the factory connectors).
I also disconnected/reconnected the connections at the satellite module at the left rear.
Finally I left the battery disconnected for a half hour. No change.
Is this an amp issue - i.e. the CD and SAT use the same input at the amp vs where the radio/head unit comes in?
Many thanks all
Chip
Old 10-09-23, 02:00 PM
scmcna
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 09 GX has ML surround but no satellite addition.

It has worked fine with my collection of DVD Audio and some DVD video discs DTS in disc changer. (video concerts not movies) "Tina Turner live in Amsterdam" sounds great!

No video in front screen. Videos in rear screen provide video w sound ( I think it is also 5.1 channels but it may be just two)

On some DVD-A the chorus on F center is barely audible compared to my in home set up. But most are fine. Note that some DVD-A have suffered "disc rot" w age (esp. Paramount). So try other labels.

Does the surround sound work w Satellite unit removed? Never been a great fan of it and Spotify on my iPhone BT sounds exceptional !
Old 10-09-23, 02:14 PM
chiplamb
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scmcna
It has worked fine with my collection of DVD Audio and some DVD video discs DTS in disc changer. (video concerts not movies) "Tina Turner live in Amsterdam" sounds great!

No video in front screen. Videos in rear screen provide video w sound ( I think it is also 5.1 channels but it may be just two)

On some DVD-A the chorus on F center is barely audible compared to my in home set up. But most are fine. Note that some DVD-A have suffered "disc rot" w age (esp. Paramount). So try other labels.

Does the surround sound work w Satellite unit removed? Never been a great fan of it and Spotify on my iPhone BT sounds exceptional !
Everything was fine until a few days ago. Trying to figure out if there's anyone who has experienced similar. The Sirius sound quality isn't the best but I enjoy it.