GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Rear Door Door Stopper!!!!!! Haha!

Old 03-09-13, 10:19 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Door Door Stopper!!!!!! Haha!

I can't believe I never saw this on this forum. Such a simple thing I never knew and felt so annoyed by. YAY! I can keep my rear door open on a hill!!

Old 03-09-13, 12:45 PM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

I think it's in the instruction book in the glove box too! They should put the whole Manual on utube
Old 03-09-13, 02:57 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ALAN553
I think it's in the instruction book in the glove box too! They should put the whole Manual on utube
And who read the entire book ever? Yeah that actually would be great. Only thing I did was feel frustrated that there was no way of controlling the door. Still think it's a bad design to begin with for a Lexus.
Old 03-09-13, 06:45 PM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
And who read the entire book ever? Yeah that actually would be great. Only thing I did was feel frustrated that there was no way of controlling the door. Still think it's a bad design to begin with for a Lexus.
I agree on the design thing, must be a good reason, I had a Tahoe that had the same feature may years ago. Heavy large door..maybe strut not safe or strong enough.
Old 03-10-13, 04:45 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess it was too hard for you to read the instruction sticker that shows you which direction for locking the arm?
Old 03-10-13, 08:31 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by redrocks
I guess it was too hard for you to read the instruction sticker that shows you which direction for locking the arm?
Ok lets chill cause this could get into a stupid argument. I will refrain from responding negatively to your sarcasm guys, and just add that I have done some reading of the owners manual and think it's written by non creatives and makes for hard to find information. Allot of info is not clear and not well put together. Took me way too long to find the specs on the Trans fluid and even how to reset your meter on the 5K oil change mark.
Old 03-10-13, 10:50 PM
lakewaylex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't feel bad infinirx - I was in the same boat and it was helpful info. I've been so obsessed trying to figure out stuff like rock sliders and AHC (conversion) that I figured that was just an annoyance. I wonder what other features I'll stumble onto :-)
Old 03-11-13, 07:20 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Is that another offroad user for the GX I see, LakewayLex?

Your best bet is to hop on over to forum.ih8hud.com and check out what I and some of the other GX owners are doing to make our rigs offroad beasts.

Last edited by 06isDriver; 03-11-13 at 07:21 AM. Reason: bad grammarz
Old 03-11-13, 09:01 AM
PDubs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a bright yellow sticker that you can't really miss after you get frustrated beyond belief that the door keeps closing every time you load a box of tiles on a driveway with a very slight incline and start wondering why in the hell Lexus designed a freakin door that opens sideways?!?!

One of the very few things that should be noticeable without having to break into the encyclopedia that is the Lexus manual. Or at least makes you annoyed to the point that you are ready to just remove the door entirely until you see that magical yellow sticker. Been there for sure.
Old 03-11-13, 12:50 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
Is that another offroad user for the GX I see, LakewayLex?

Your best bet is to hop on over to forum.ih8hud.com and check out what I and some of the other GX owners are doing to make our rigs offroad beasts.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/ is a great site for more than just off roading
Old 03-11-13, 04:32 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Ok lets chill cause this could get into a stupid argument. I will refrain from responding negatively to your sarcasm guys, and just add that I have done some reading of the owners manual and think it's written by non creatives and makes for hard to find information. Allot of info is not clear and not well put together. Took me way too long to find the specs on the Trans fluid and even how to reset your meter on the 5K oil change mark.
Stupid argument? Not at all. Lexus needs to get rid of the barn door. Maybe that's coming soon? The RAV4 lost its barn door.

Everybody can't be as creative like you, right?
Old 03-11-13, 04:41 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Stupid argument? Not at all. Lexus needs to get rid of the barn door. Maybe that's coming soon? The RAV4 lost its barn door.

Everybody can't be as creative like you, right?
Do they still have it on the new GX?
Old 03-12-13, 05:10 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Do they still have it on the new GX?
No, not the current model year. Maybe when the GX is due for new facelift.
Old 03-12-13, 06:07 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

No, not the current model year. Maybe when the GX is due for new facelift.
Should be soon since they have been doing that to all there other models it seems.
Old 03-12-13, 06:31 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Should be soon since they have been doing that to all there other models it seems.
2014 ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Door Door Stopper!!!!!! Haha!