GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Post Up Pictures of Your Aftermarket Wheel Set-Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-12, 07:33 PM
stoked
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RCsGX
On most aftermarket wheels you'll need to use acorn style lugs. Ask the manufacturer of your wheel though because with some aftermarket wheels you can use OEM lugs. I had to use acorn style lugs on the GX with my aftermarket wheels.
How do you like those Terra Grapplers? I am thinking about getting them on my GX...
Old 06-27-12, 08:18 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stoked
How do you like those Terra Grapplers? I am thinking about getting them on my GX...
So far so good, Id definitely recommend them. I havent been offroad yet but have been to the beach even with it raining here in Orlando and they did great in the wet sand. I tested them out in a huge muddy field and they did great too. Even on the pavement in rain they do great and have really good traction. At around 55-60mph theres a slight tire noise (not a hum but more of a whirl) but its not loud what so ever.

Ive put probably 3K miles on them so far, so theyre still new. It was between the Nittos and the Cooper Zeon LTZs. DT didnt the Coopers in stock so I went the NTG. People have said the Nittos get better mileage since they use a harder compound so we'll see how the hold up. I'll report back from time to time......
Old 06-28-12, 01:22 PM
stoked
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RCsGX
So far so good, Id definitely recommend them. I havent been offroad yet but have been to the beach even with it raining here in Orlando and they did great in the wet sand. I tested them out in a huge muddy field and they did great too. Even on the pavement in rain they do great and have really good traction. At around 55-60mph theres a slight tire noise (not a hum but more of a whirl) but its not loud what so ever.

Ive put probably 3K miles on them so far, so theyre still new. It was between the Nittos and the Cooper Zeon LTZs. DT didnt the Coopers in stock so I went the NTG. People have said the Nittos get better mileage since they use a harder compound so we'll see how the hold up. I'll report back from time to time......
I am considering getting either the Dura Grappler or the Terra Grappler... The tires on my GX are getting to be toast and there are so many competent options to choose from that Discount Tire offers. I have the Sport Package on my GX and wanted to get a tire that was grippy for more spiritied driving.