GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Used 2005 GX470 w/ surprise "Sports Pack"

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-12, 08:25 PM
Nostics_RX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Used 2005 GX470 w/ surprise "Sports Pack"

I've been a member here for a long time. I got my used CPO RX 2004 in 2006. I learned a lot from this forum from TSB updates to known issues with the RX. Well, I now needed a 7 seater, hence a move to GX470. I still own my RX with 150K miles, problem free. I picked up my 05 GX470 yesterday and lo and behold, I have KDSS. This SUV has "Sports Package" but was never mentioned in the ad and the SP never brought it up. I did notice the SUV having a stiffer ride and steering is much more responsive compared to the GX's I test driven a week prior.

I am just surprised why the "Sports Package" was never highlighted when it clearly has the blk bird's eye maple, the metal trim around the NAV screen, chrome exhaust tip and obviously the KDSS.

Could it be that KDSS is problematic and they are trying to hide it or is this just rare mistake from a long time, most reputable Lexus dealer in Dallas/FW?
Old 04-01-12, 07:58 AM
Muti007
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Id be willing to bet your dealer didnt know enough about the trucks to recognize the sport package. Its really not at all obvious to anyone at all but those that really know exactly what to look for. Most car salesmen know about as much about the cars they sell as they do about brain surgery.
Old 04-01-12, 09:50 AM
stiles_s
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nostics_RX
I've been a member here for a long time. I got my used CPO RX 2004 in 2006. I learned a lot from this forum from TSB updates to known issues with the RX. Well, I now needed a 7 seater, hence a move to GX470. I still own my RX with 150K miles, problem free. I picked up my 05 GX470 yesterday and lo and behold, I have KDSS. This SUV has "Sports Package" but was never mentioned in the ad and the SP never brought it up. I did notice the SUV having a stiffer ride and steering is much more responsive compared to the GX's I test driven a week prior.

I am just surprised why the "Sports Package" was never highlighted when it clearly has the blk bird's eye maple, the metal trim around the NAV screen, chrome exhaust tip and obviously the KDSS.

Could it be that KDSS is problematic and they are trying to hide it or is this just rare mistake from a long time, most reputable Lexus dealer in Dallas/FW?
I've never heard of a problem with KDSS, and if anything the Sport pkg adds to the desirability of a used GX. Good find!
Old 04-01-12, 01:08 PM
EricGreen
Driver School Candidate

It's good to be lucky Congrats!
Old 04-01-12, 01:14 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is a nice added unbeknown to ya then option... enjoy it like it was free ice cream on a hot sunday afternoon man... go drive
Old 04-01-12, 02:20 PM
Nostics_RX
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks..Fellas!!

I am planning to spend more hours reading threads here to get to know the GX. For now, I am just going to enjoy the truck. Many thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-01-12, 04:58 PM
z0lt3c
Driver

Are you sure it has KDSS? The cosmetic items could always be added.
Old 04-01-12, 07:53 PM
Nostics_RX
Driver School Candidate

I don't really know exactly what KDSS looks like physically, but I noticed the wire mesh under the frontside of the truck and a tube that runs from the driver side to the middle of the car. The "KDSS" light is momentarily ON when I start the car. All the tell-tale sign of Sports Package is there.
Old 04-01-12, 10:40 PM
LXGXSAM1
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

: ) You definitely have the Sports Pack, Congrats! My wife prefer to drive my 08 GX with it, than her 2010 RX that I am stuck with. The KDSS feature definitely makes driving the GX somewhat Sporty!
Old 04-02-12, 07:22 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just look at the sway bar, youll know 100% if you have the KDSS or not based on the thickness (but that does no good if you dont have anything to compare it to) and most importantly whats circles in red.
Attached Thumbnails Used 2005 GX470 w/ surprise "Sports Pack"-kdss-swaybar.jpg  
Old 04-02-12, 07:31 AM
Muti007
Advanced

Seems to me hes already proved pretty definitively he has it, unless were also saying someone went to the trouble of swapping a fake dash into the truck and wiring up a bulb to light up the fake KDSS indication light on his gauges as well upon startup? Come on guys, just congratulate the guy, he got a real find and a real score, good on him!
Old 04-02-12, 07:41 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Muti007
Seems to me hes already proved pretty definitively he has it, unless were also saying someone went to the trouble of swapping a fake dash into the truck and wiring up a bulb to light up the fake KDSS indication light on his gauges as well upon startup? Come on guys, just congratulate the guy, he got a real find and a real score, good on him!
Nobodys doubting if he has it not, but he said last night that he didnt know what it looked like physically so I posted a picture for him and anyone else to see that might now know the difference. Relax.....

Originally Posted by Nostics_RX
I don't really know exactly what KDSS looks like physically,
Old 04-02-12, 12:15 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LXGXSAM1
: ) You definitely have the Sports Pack, Congrats! My wife prefer to drive my 08 GX with it, than her 2010 RX that I am stuck with. The KDSS feature definitely makes driving the GX somewhat Sporty!
2010 rx350? my favorite car... why on earth would say "stuck" with it?
Old 04-02-12, 04:41 PM
Nostics_RX
Driver School Candidate

Smile Many Thanks

I appreciate every input, guys. I always get the best information from this forum. Thanks.
Old 04-29-12, 02:30 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Any interior pic of the chrome nav system. Interest to see how it looks.

Quick Reply: Used 2005 GX470 w/ surprise "Sports Pack"